What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 9/7 - 9/9

Kansas maybe turning up an ass whuppin' on Illinois right now. Up 21-0 with 3 minutes left in 1st half.
Is it possible our toughest competition in the Big XII next year will be from the state of Kansas?!?!?
What? A team from the mighty Big Ten Conference getting blown out by the school that has been historically the worst team in the Big 12?

How can that be?

Now 34-7 in the 3rd

Liepold did a great job with an instant turnaround last season.
The NFL has always pushed for parity. Doesn't always work because there are some bad organizations but they tilt the rules in favor of teams turning their records positive.

College football has never welcomed the idea of parity. Normally when you look at conference standings for any given random year the teams at the top and the teams at the bottom are the ones who are consistently at the top and the bottom.

Even though in theory each school has an equal say in conference and NCAA decisions it has always seemed that the big money, big winner schools tend to get their way when the rules are made and enforced.

Now with the portal, NIL, and conferences getting shaken up it seems that we are seeing some significant and very fast turn arounds, Colorado at the forefront but schools like Kansas and Duke included.

How long until the traditional powers try to swing their weight to secure their positions and at the same time make these fast and significant turn arounds more difficult and less common?

Can I throw a CO HS game take in here? Boulder HS needs to disband the program. Suited up 30 varsity players tonight, 6-7are actual players. They would lose handily to 2A schools.

Can I throw a CO HS game take in here? Boulder HS needs to disband the program. Suited up 30 varsity players tonight, 6-7are actual players. They would lose handily to 2A schools.
This is a problem in Colorado with a number of schools. Recent years we have seen a few schools including some with large enough student populations to put them in 3A or 4A who have suspended their seasons before finishing because they have been physically overmatched and don't have the depth to safely continue.

It isn't just confined to football but football is the one where it is hardest to cover for the overmatch in maturity and talent.

I used to work as the official scorer for HS wrestling matches. The school where I did it had a youth program feeding in and normally fielded a full roster of wrestler for both varsity and JV but some of the teams coming in had so many empty weights that they couldn't win the dual because of forfeits. A couple of times teams came in with only 5-7 wrestlers. The coaches would talk before submitting official lineups and the visiting team would wrestle some of their kids at JV instead of varsity for their own protection and to give them a chance to at least compete. I recall a couple of times our coach pulling the JV wrestler out of the line-up and putting in a freshman to try to make it fair to the visiting kid.

Don't know about other places but our head coach obviously wanted to win but he also wanted those struggling programs to have a chance to develop some kids and be more competitive.

Seems to have become that if you're a BVSD kid and want to play sports (especially football), you go to Fairview. Which is kind of weird since Fairview doesn't have a stadium & they play their home games at Boulder High.

Hokie's VT team came back from 17 down now going into overtime.

Appy State giving North Carolina all they want

Roll Tide cuz **** texas.

And because I put money on Bama -7.

Back