What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Thread - Nov 5th - Opening Week Games

For an early-season game like this against a nondescript mid-major you'd think the student section might be lacadaisical but not only is it packed they are constantly standing, and making a ton of noise. I fell asleep with the TV on last night and woke up around midnight and ACCN had a show on about the Cameron Crazies and how it all started, the camping out, the orchestrated cheers, etc. Was pretty interesting. I'm wondering if they do the camping out thing for only the bigger conference games or is that for every single game?

And yea going to a game at Cameron is definitely on my bucket list.
When I lived in Raleigh, I made it to 6-8 Cameron games, two of which I was standing with the crazies (one of those was against VT). It's definitely an experience.

A buddy of mine (NCSU grad) said it best, "there is 'old and outdated', and there is 'old and venerable', Duke somehow managed to achieve venerable".

Also, when it comes to resale ticket prices, perception rarely matches reality. Media report the most extreme prices they can source.

No reasonable person pays $200 for a CSU ticket at Duke -- that's a $50-60 ticket on any resale market other than StubHub and the like. $200/ticket at Cameron would be a weekend game vs a decent ACC team, if you're buying a pair of tix next to each other.

@Uncle Luko, at Duke you're not getting a UNC ticket, but you could find a singleton ticket for Duke @ UNC for a reasonable price, especially if it's a weekday game.

It's weird being this far into the season without our conferencing suffering a few maddeningly embarrassing OOC losses

Seton Hall gonna be in trouble VS MSU without Powell on Thursday.

The Mike Anderson hire is going to be perfect for St. John's. In two years from now when they are pressing 30 minutes a night they might get something going.

I think ASU could be int trouble against them in 2 weeks.

This dude from Memphis looks like he traveled through a time warp or something. He's rocking nut huggers.

I know a lot of you hate Oregon, but I'm rooting for the conference big time OOC. Solid win by Oregon tonight...let's keep this Pac12 train going!

I was rooting for them if for no other reason than we need that inevitable W we get over them on January 2 to look as good as it possibly can.

Kin and Oregon's pg Pritchard should be a good matchup when they play. Supposedly, Oregon has a big that didn't play tonight. It was something about he reclassified, came to college early, and they didn't get all the paperwork done or some ****. My son was yapping about something so I didn't catch the name really. :D

Oregon State and OU in a close one, so far. Idk, both teams kinda look meh to me. Think they said OU was picked 8th pre-season in the Big 12. Oregon State, I don't know where they were picked in the Pac 12.

Plus Memphis is blatantly cheating.

Which I fully support. I love their response. "So you're gonna vacate our wins? OK, we don't GAF. Let's just keep winning and you can keep us from putting a banner up next year. We'll still have the memories."

Which I fully support. I love their response. "So you're gonna vacate our wins? OK, we don't GAF. Let's just keep winning and you can keep us from putting a banner up next year. We'll still have the memories."

Calling my shot, and you guys can give me **** for this post if I'm wrong: They're not going to make it to the 2nd weekend of the tournament.

Calling my shot, and you guys can give me **** for this post if I'm wrong: They're not going to make it to the 2nd weekend of the tournament.

They may not, but they'll still probably win their conference.

Honestly, NOTHING would surprise me with this Memphis team. It's almost must watch TV. Hell, we can't rule out a situation where the officials before a game say "Listen, the conference has said that if #32 plays, it's an automatic forfeit. Your call." Will the NCAA hurry this through so they can declare them ineligible for THIS year's tournament? I don't know, but it's beautiful chaos.

Honestly, NOTHING would surprise me with this Memphis team. It's almost must watch TV. Hell, we can't rule out a situation where the officials before a game say "Listen, the conference has said that if #32 plays, it's an automatic forfeit. Your call." Will the NCAA hurry this through so they can declare them ineligible for THIS year's tournament? I don't know, but it's beautiful chaos.

Oh I don't think there's any doubt they're going to win their league-I think part of the problem with it is there's not much in terms of tests for them-Houston, Cincinnati, and Wichita State all should make the NCAAs or NIT, but there's a ton of trash at the bottom of that league.

Who knows what happens with the eligibility stuff, Memphis might be a scary tourney team to play against, assuming they are eligible. They laid an egg last night, but they are just going to get better and better, I'd think.

Oh I don't think there's any doubt they're going to win their league-I think part of the problem with it is there's not much in terms of tests for them-Houston, Cincinnati, and Wichita State all should make the NCAAs or NIT, but there's a ton of trash at the bottom of that league.

I actually secretly kind of like Cincinnati. Worried about the coaching change and how that effects them, but Cumberland might be the best player in the conference.

I actually secretly kind of like Cincinnati. Worried about the coaching change and how that effects them, but Cumberland might be the best player in the conference.

Brannen did a nice job at Northern Kentucky. That was a good hire I thought-It also didn't break Bohnhead's "I don't hire coaches I have to get on a plane to interview" rule.

I watched most of the Oregon State game last night. It's not like they didn't get some good looks, they just couldn't throw it in the ocean. OU had two dudes that just lit them up from 3 in the 2nd. Next thing you know, they went from a close game to down 20. They made a mini run late to make it look closer than it really was. This is the time to get games like that out of your system. :D

Back