What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 11/16-11/18

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Hard to believe we are down to the last couple weeks of the college football regular season and a lot is still to be determined about who goes to the big bowls and of course who goes to the playoffs. Hard to expect as crazy a weekend as the last one but this is what makes college football fun.

Not much happening on the Thursday and Friday night games this week.

One game of interest has 8-1 South Florida against a bad Tulsa team. Normally this game wouldn’t be notable but if they keep on winning could USF HC Charlie Strong be pushing his way back into contention for a P5 job.

Saturday hard to find any good potential upsets.

Most of the SEC along with Clemson is playing their annual make some small school a bunch of money for coming in and getting blasted games. Some of these schools should be embarrassed with teams like Alabama playing mighty Mercer, Clemson against The Citadel and Auburn against La-Monroe.

Big 12 Oklahoma may be playing one of the weakest opponents of the week but they have an excuse. Kansas is in their conference.

The one match of ranked teams has (24) Michigan visiting (5) Wisconsin. The Badgers are undefeated but have been criticized for playing a weak schedule. This game could have a big influence on their chances to slip into the top 4 for the playoff.

Coming off a huge win over Notre Dame last week Miami has an unranked but 6-4 Virginia team in what might be a trap game.

PAC 12 games this week feature the Buffs next opponent Utah (5-5) at (18) Washington and in the battle for LA bragging rights UCLA (5-5) against a (11) USC team that still has outside hopes of a playoff berth.

Teams we love to see lose include (4-6) Nebraska going for their beating at (10) Penn State. As much as I hate Nebraska I never mind seeing the Pedo Lions getting beaten but it isn’t happening this week. Nebraska will ensure themselves of another losing season.

Speaking of losing seasons (5-5) Texas plays at (7-3) West Virginia in a game that could insure Texas and their loudmouthed boosters another season at no better than .500.

After a couple big upsets and some time in the rankings Iowa State has had a rough couple weeks and fallen to (6-4). Their fall ends this week as they remind Baylor what it feels like to be pounded in a non-consensual manner this week.

Local teams feature 4-6 Air Force playing at a Boise team that is getting stronger as the season rolls on.

Big game in Laramie as Fresno visits Wyoming in a battle of 7-3 teams.

CSU should easily pick up their seventh win but with a one win San Jose team coming in after the sheep gagged away a big lead against Boise last week will there be anybody in the stadium to watch it.

Northern Colorado (2-7) gets a chance to tack a good win on late in the disappointing season as they host a very bad (1-9) Cal Poly team.

In the Division II playoffs the 9-2 CSU Pueblo Thunderwolves play 11-0 Minnesota State Mankato. Mesa lost last week and didn’t make the bracket.

2-9 Tulsa came very close to knocking off 9-1 South Florida tonight. Better game than I expected.

G5 schools but more talented than what I have seen this year from our local MWC schools, more quickness and speed.

The MWC has fallen a long way from their glory years with Utah, BYU, and TCU.

Even the schools that are still able to bring in talent - Boise, SDSU, and yes, CSU - have fallen off tremendously from a decade or so ago.
The money differential is starting to really show.

The MWC has fallen a long way from their glory years with Utah, BYU, and TCU.

Even the schools that are still able to bring in talent - Boise, SDSU, and yes, CSU - have fallen off tremendously from a decade or so ago.
Yeah if CSU was smart they would try to join the American with AFA.

It looks like there are about 5,000 people at the UNLV/New Mexico game in Albuquerque.

Yeah if CSU was smart they would try to join the American with AFA.
My first reaction was "that would be a dumb idea," but instead of going off half-cocked, I took a moment to actually look at the AAC's current membership, and... it would work fairly well.

Navy and could move from the AAC West to East, making the East:
UCF
USF
ECU
Temple
Navy
Cincinnati
UCONN

And the west:
Memphis
Houston
Tulane
Houston
SMU
AFA
CSU

There would also be real scheduling advantages to both Navy and Air Force if their annual game was a conference game as it would open up an out of conference for both of them.

There's been intermittent rumors of Army to C-USA or the AAC, but I don't think you could ever talk Army & Navy into playing their game on any other date (it wasn't that long ago that "Tradition" was literally one of their core values), and the traditional date would **** with conference championship game scheduling, which means I doubt we ever see them in the same conference.

Have to hand it to the Miami crowd, it's a sellout and they are loud despite a noon start. UVA with a nice long drive early to go up 7-0

Would Gamboa be considered a dude in the Big 10? Watching Wisconsin’s LBs makes me wonder why CU can’t recruit guys like that, but then it has me wondering if those guys would get completely exposed in the Pac like Gamboa sometimes does.

Special teams breakdown gives Wiscy a 7-0 lead on a punt return.

Would Gamboa be considered a dude in the Big 10? Watching Wisconsin’s LBs makes me wonder why CU can’t recruit guys like that, but then it has me wondering if those guys would get completely exposed in the Pac like Gamboa sometimes does.

No.

Another shield punt formation breakdown. The U gets a punt blocked. UVA up 14.

Michigan playing awfully conservative ... 3rd and 13 deep in Wiscy territory and you call a running play against that defense? WTF? I understand wanting to preserve the chance at a FG (which they just got) ... but why not at least try a pass to get a first and possibly a TD?

Back