What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 11/16-11/18

He seems capable, but definitely not reliable.

I so dearly want Wisconsin to with the NCG this year; mostly because **** the $EC, hopefully the Badgers put this game away now.
Peters from Michigan is down for a while here. Doesn’t look good at all, so his day is likely done.

Peters from Michigan is down for a while here. Doesn’t look good at all, so his day is likely done.

I turned away from the screen and missed the play on which he got hurt ... but from what Joel said it sounded like it should have been a roughing penalty and Fox has chosen to not show a replay. WTF?

BTW ... Joel is a really good color guy ... and not just because he's a Buff.

I turned away from the screen and missed the play on which he got hurt ... but from what Joel said it sounded like it should have been a roughing penalty and Fox has chosen to not show a replay. WTF?

They showed a few replays of it, and it could have been called roughing because he kind of drove him into the ground. The initial hit was clean though.

I don’t want Michigan/Wisconsin to end. B1G!

I may be mistaken ... but I sense a bit of snark in your post. Do you prefer a Big 12 kind of game in which there are often more than 100 points scored on a regular basis? Or a smack-mouth in your face kind of game in which defense is actually played?

Maybe I'm old-fashioned (I'm definitely old :() ... but I kind of like to see the hard-nosed defense kind of football rather than seeing "basketball on grass."

Last edited:

I just rolled the DVR back and rewatched it, not sure what part of it would be called roughing, LB loops around the lineman, gets his right arm around the waist of the QB as the ball is being released and wraps up and takes him to the ground. Klatt's asking that the LB know that the ball is released and not drive Peters to the ground, how does the LB know that if the arm is just starting forward as contact is initiated? He's supposed to assume there wasn't a pump fake?

I may be mistaken ... but I sense a bit of snark in your post. Do you prefer a Big 12 kind of game in which there are often more than 100 points scored on a regular basis? Or a smack-mouth in your face kind of game win which defense is actually played?

Maybe I'm old-fashioned (I'm definitely old:() ... but I kind of like to see the hard-nosed defense kind of football rather than seeing "basketball on grass."
I could watch this game all day, no snark. Wisconsin and Iowa are my non-CU teams <3

I may be mistaken ... but I sense a bit of snark in your post. Do you prefer a Big 12 kind of game in which there are often more than 100 points scored on a regular basis? Or a smack-mouth in your face kind of game win which defense is actually played?

Maybe I'm old-fashioned (I'm definitely old:() ... but I kind of like to see the hard-nosed defense kind of football rather than seeing "basketball on grass."
The first half was a little snoozy, but the second half has been better. Both teams have moved the ball better, 17 total points scored. This is definitely better when you have roooting interest, but with no dog in the fight, that OU/OSU game from a few weeks ago was allsome

I could watch this game all day, no snark. Wisconsin and Iowa are my non-CU teams <3

i enjoy this type of game myself..yards hard to get and hard hitting on both sides...a test of will....dont see a ton of this other than the trees in the pac

If Virginia pulls off the upset of Miami, Miami beats Clemson for the ACC champ (or Clemson loses to South Carolina next week), we'll have 2 loss champs of the Pac12 and ACC, an Oklahoma loss would add the Big XII to that list.

Still there's zero chance that UCF gets into the playoff though, right?

badgers just wear you down

I still wish that we had a staff that was interested in copying the Wisconsin model.
They know that as a winning program they can get some quality skill players but aren't going to compete evenly with Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State for QBs and WRs. Instead they go after a bunch of quality OL and DL (high 3* and some 4* types) and develop them. Somebody goes down to injury or graduates and they have another one waiting to step in.

They use these linemen to control the LOS and the clock and win a lot of games.

After a lot of years of winning it is easier for them to recruit these guys but I think if we focused on it we could get to a similar place.

That should do it in Madison. Second straight double digit win over a top 25 team for Badgers. They probably won’t move up at all with everybody in the top 4 winning (assuming OU beats KU) handily as well. Being undefeated at this point should have Wisconsin in the top 4 over Clemson at least, though.

I still wish that we had a staff that was interested in copying the Wisconsin model.
They know that as a winning program they can get some quality skill players but aren't going to compete evenly with Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State for QBs and WRs. Instead they go after a bunch of quality OL and DL (high 3* and some 4* types) and develop them. Somebody goes down to injury or graduates and they have another one waiting to step in.

They use these linemen to control the LOS and the clock and win a lot of games.

After a lot of years of winning it is easier for them to recruit these guys but I think if we focused on it we could get to a similar place.
The problem is that they get all their OL from Wisconsin where all the kids grow up aspiring to go to UW. They get their pick of the litter in that state. No matter how good CU is, there will always be highly recruited kids in CO who don’t care about the Buffs and want to go to bigger programs elsewhere.

Miami is good. When they woke up, it was total domination. 30 unanswered points to close the game after being down 28-14.

Cincinnati falls to 3-8. Loses 20-38 to East Carolina (also 3-8).

Amazing how quickly Bohn was able to destroy that football program and, likely, any chance the school had to get a P5 invite.

The problem is that they get all their OL from Wisconsin where all the kids grow up aspiring to go to UW. They get their pick of the litter in that state. No matter how good CU is, there will always be highly recruited kids in CO who don’t care about the Buffs and want to go to bigger programs elsewhere.
Moretti and Ryan Miller seem like good examples of CU holding onto high level OL recruits. I'm sure others have gone elsewhere, but I feel like the high 3 star to 4 star Colorado kids still want to go to CU. They may not remember great CU teams, but all of their parents do.

Good win for Wiscy ... although I hate that it came at the expense of the Maize and Blue :(. But if Wiscy isn't in the top 4 after this weekend the CFP rankings are a total joke.

And UM can totally redeem their season with a win at the Big House next week. GO BLUE!!

Moretti and Ryan Miller seem like good examples of CU holding onto high level OL recruits. I'm sure others have gone elsewhere, but I feel like the high 3 star to 4 star Colorado kids still want to go to CU. They may not remember great CU teams, but all of their parents do.

This, and unlike Wisconsin Colorado is a place that is off interest to this level of kids from California, Texas, and Hawaii. We have proven in the past that we can get this level of kids out of those states, now we just need to put a significant focus on it and do it in the numbers that will make it work.

I liked how he called out the SEC and ACC for having "bye" weeks in the middle of conference play. Said it makes the schedule easier when you have those games because of the injury factor. Said Big(s) don't do that (didn't mention the PAC but they are the same). If only the playoff committee would start to punish schools that do that.

Miami is good. When they woke up, it was total domination. 30 unanswered points to close the game after being down 28-14.

I thought Richt was about to lay one of those goose eggs he was famous for at UGa. If he keeps winning there I wonder what UGa fans think when they look in the mirror. Of course thats Trump country....

Good win for Wiscy ... although I hate that it came at the expense of the Maize and Blue :(. But if Wiscy isn't in the top 4 after this weekend the CFP rankings are a total joke.

And UM can totally redeem their season with a win at the Big House next week. GO BLUE!!
My former teammate is the assistant strength coach there. I didn't know there was such a thing but guess there is at Wiscy. I actually thought he worked with the backs and he might as well. His title says otherwise is all and I didn't ask him. Either way, it's cool to see Wiscy playing really well for me.

Back