What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 9/20-9/22

So do I, but the Nubs aren't any kind of measuring stick these days and quite frankly haven't been for 1.5 decades.
I actually think UM and Nubs will be competitive. I see Nubs being in a lot of games, but I don't see them winning many of them this season.

Wake has won the ACC twice- 1970 and 2006. In 1970 when they won the ACC, they had a 6-5 record. They're .413 all-time overall, have had 3 consensus All-Americans, play in a 31k stadium and generally can't even sell that many tickets, and the last coach with an above-.500 record there was D.C. "Peahead" Walker from 1937-1950.

I love Wake, many members of my family went there and live in the area, and I've rooted for them always, but besides an aberrational 2006, they've never been a factor in college football. They're a P5 team by pure historic accident, and are the smallest such school, with fewer than 5,000 undergrads.

I know you were just mentioning them off-hand and pointing out that Clemson hasn't always been a top program, even without that league... but whoever was winning before Clemson, it certainly wasn't Wake. Beautiful campus though.
Exactly. Wake is their Washington State. Win one a millennium and beat some rando highly ranked teams every once in a while.

The more and more I watch some of the these teams..........the more and more I think we wind up with a gaudy record this year.

USC, in particular at the Coliseum, is one of those games where I am gonna believe it when I see it and even then I may not quite believe it. We're 0-12 against them.

Back