What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-10, 11, 12 or 14?

Pac size you want?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Which would you prefer?

Which teams would you pick?

It's safe to assume that any expansion starts with San Diego State (Southern CA, major U.S. metro, enhances conference performance in both FB & MBB).

After that, it gets dicier.

What's your preference?

Personally, I would go to 9, send Wazzu to the WAC and spend their TV share on a weekend in Vegas. Absent that, I would stay at 10.

How do we know? If deal is there, expansion happens.

Media deal drives expansion.

10 is fine. Scheduling goes round robin. Top 2 teams face off for the championship. Easy.

If adding SDSU and.... Increase the revenue by a significant margin then sure. Just don't think they move the needle enough.
Agree with this. I would stand pat unless adding two more increased revenue.

I think SDSU adds value.

I like the balance of an even number, but don't really know that there's a great #12.

SDSU could play Oregon at home, the half time could be a nude hottie dance number, and the game could be followed by the return of Jesus and his apostles at midfield. Snapdragon Stadium (all 35,000 seats of it) still wouldn’t sell out nor would the S.D. TV area share numbers be very high.

Not a football town.

SDSU could play Oregon at home, the half time could be a nude hottie dance number, and the game could be followed by the return of Jesus and his apostles at midfield. Snapdragon Stadium (all 35,000 seats of it) still wouldn’t sell out nor would the S.D. TV area share numbers be very high.

Not a football town.
That is “must see” TV right there!

The number of teams does matter to revenue per team. Inventory matters, especially with a streaming model. So, whatever gets the most money per team. I just don't know who they could expand with that would truly move the needle outside of SDSU

I think SDSU adds value.

I like the balance of an even number, but don't really know that there's a great #12.
It's not a question of adding value, I'm sure they do. It's a question of adding $25-30MM (or whatever the number ends up being), which I think is a big stretch.

I’d go with 12 and add SDSU and BYU. Those two by themselves won’t make up for the loss of USC and UCLA, but they’d probably be accretive. Having the UU/BYU game be a conference game would be a good thing. I am still a little baffled that the PAC hasn’t made a move for BYU before they officially join the B12

I’d go with 12 and add SDSU and BYU. Those two by themselves won’t make up for the loss of USC and UCLA, but they’d probably be accretive. Having the UU/BYU game be a conference game would be a good thing. I am still a little baffled that the PAC hasn’t made a move for BYU before they officially join the B12
That's not ever been about sports. Blackballing BYU happened at the presidential level due to them not meeting peer standards on academic freedom.

We're gonna end up in a conference with Okie Light and K State just to make our lives hell.
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Although thanks to Prime my wife is more interested in CU football than OSU football these days.

I’m thinking priorities might have changed by now.
If we wanted to grab the 4 football teams in the west who are respected in the rest of the country and can make for a compelling broadcast: BYU, Boise State, Fresno State, San Diego State.

I mean, if we're going to say "Fvck academics, this is about football" then that should be the Pac-14 going forward. I'd also consider filling the map and inviting both UNLV and New Mexico as non-football members.

Back