What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

One thing I forgot to add.
Let's say the potential Apple deal is correct at $300 million. You must not forget to deduct the PACNet costs which have been estimated to be
between 5-7 million per school so the $30 million quickly drops to $23-25 million on an all streaming platform.

Again. Do you see Washington or Oregon signing on for that? How about Arizona or CU ? I don't.

There are only 3 certainties in life: death, taxes, and ITB scooping up B12 propaganda from every corner of the web (the NY Post?!) and posting it to AB.
Eat **** ! Andrew Marchand is a respected name in the business. He tends to have a connection to the broadcasting side of college sports.
Why would HE have an axe to grind towards the PAC12? Why would he be in bed with the BIG12?
He's just reporting what sources are telling him. We were told numbers would start leaking today from what the schools have been told. He's reporting this.

ITB is re-energized this morning!!

Im Back Wake Up GIF

Eat **** ! Andrew Marchand is a respected name in the business. He tends to have a connection to the broadcasting side of college sports.
Why would HE have an axe to grind towards the PAC12? Why would he be in bed with the BIG12?
He's just reporting what sources are telling him. We were told numbers would start leaking today from what the schools have been told. He's reporting this.
ITB stating the dots, but remains unable to connect them.

One thing I forgot to add.
Let's say the potential Apple deal is correct at $300 million. You must not forget to deduct the PACNet costs which have been estimated to be
between 5-7 million per school so the $30 million quickly drops to $23-25 million on an all streaming platform.

Again. Do you see Washington or Oregon signing on for that? How about Arizona or CU ? I don't.

How do you know Apple would keep the current setup? For MLS, Apple takes care of the production and I assume that if the P12 went with Apple, they'd drastically cut the amount of stuff that's being shown. All football games are a given, basketball (W/M) also but after that?

Yes, with some tweaks. I think it’s not unreasonable to say the trend is not great, given the lengthy timeline involved in getting a deal on the table.

You also have Fox mouthpiece joining CBS mouthpiece with similar rumoring / reporting.
I generally tend to agree with this line of thinking. The preponderance of the smoke is what it is and it jives with the Big XII. But the Big XII campaign has been very coordinated and we did get some potentially positive news a couple of days ago. In Fox’s POV, if the PAC positive news is legit, they stand to lose a good chunk of legit content if the 4C schools don’t make the move to the Big XII. The usual mouthpieces on twitter were also quieter and more pessimistic over the last couple of days. It’s all reading yea leaves and ultimately, we’ll all be wrong until the news actually breaks. 🤷🏻‍♂️

There are ways to get content. It's leaking like crazy this a.m.
ESPN $31 million deal is off the table.
ESPN and PAC aren't close.

IF Apple is involved they would want it all at possibly $30 million per school but Apple is taking their own time and won't make the 04/15/23 'deadline '

Amazon only interested in one game possibly Friday nights.
We already know P12 isn’t signing an exclusive $31M deal with ESPN. Thats been known for some time now. It’s ESPN + Amazon/Apple. That’s why we’re all saying this isn’t new news.

Marchand even says he doesn’t know what’s happening with Amazon. He doesn’t know what’s happening. That’s why it’s buried 37 paragraphs down in the article.

Hbo GIF by Room104

this thread has had its share of twist and turns. i am pretty sure we know less about the actual deal that will happen than when all this nonsense started.

[Checks notes. TTU and Okie Lite are the most valuable properties in little 12. Oregon and Washington can't buy their way into the Big 10. Nubs still suck.]

Thank God Seinfeld GIF by HULU

I generally tend to agree with this line of thinking. The preponderance of the smoke is what it is and it jives with the Big XII. But the Big XII campaign has been very coordinated and we did get some potentially positive news a couple of days ago. In Fox’s POV, if the PAC positive news is legit, they stand to lose a good chunk of legit content if the 4C schools don’t make the move to the Big XII. The usual mouthpieces on twitter were also quieter and more pessimistic over the last couple of days. It’s all reading yea leaves and ultimately, we’ll all be wrong until the news actually breaks. 🤷🏻‍♂️
None of the options are great. The only newswortthy thing in the NY Post is the fact that Fox has joined the rumor mill fray. All of the parties reporting on realignment have conflicts of interest, and there is no “news desk / opinion“ separation in sports.

As I posted a few pages ago, the Big 12 is trying to lure three flagship universities (and ASU in a major media market and huge alumni base) to bolster its fairly sad roster of teams. We know the Big 12 has hired a media firm to run a disinformation campaign.

Yet, there is little doubt in my mind that the Big 12 outplayed the PAC in this game of media musical chairs.

I’d personally rather stay in the PAC 12, but I don’t begrudge others for wanting to grab a spot in the Big 12 for its perceived stability.

How much of these articles and tweets are trustworthy and/or true? I just tend to take it all with a grain of salt.

How much of these articles and tweets are trustworthy and/or true? I just tend to take it all with a grain of salt.
Feels like nothing is true anymore
Everyone is playing super chicken with a lot of money and a lot of the future of CFB and Basketball in the balance
Olympic Sports are looking to be in trouble, and maybe there is a way to get that type of stuff over to ION for a break-even number?
I would hope we would be willing to sell the PAC12 Network to ION or somebody that would take it
The ability for the Schools to keep this secret is amazing

Trust no one.

Only the timeline of events can be trusted. ESPN (and Fox) had an exclusive window until October 2022 to negotiate a new deal. No deal was made, so the PAC 12 effectively brought their tv rights to market. It’s been five+ months. No deal has been signed or even presented.

I cannot blame anyone for thinking that timeline is not a good one for the PAC.

I like random twitter Ron's insider info

i am prepared to subscribe to his newsletter!

pac raids the truck stop t2 and takes tech, okie state, and ku. pac adds sdsu. big 12 cries and whines.

"but, liver, what about that b12 GoR????"

don't **** around with facts right now. i say we crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentation of their women.

or something.

aiyeeeeee!

conan the barbarian GIF

Get on with it. I feel like a ping pong ball. PAC is dead, no Big12 is dead, Apple wants us, no Amazon does, ESPN is bidding, ESPN isn't bidding....

pac raids the truck stop t2 and takes tech, okie state, and ku. pac adds sdsu. big 12 cries and whines.

don't **** around with facts right now. i say we crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentation of their women.

or something.

aiyeeeeee!

conan the barbarian GIF
I'd love this to happen.

or something.

aiyeeeeee!

conan the barbarian GIF
This is where the PAC was badly outmaneuvered.

USC did act like an expansion snake. However, the two L.A. schools announced their intention to leave the PAC 12 on June 30, 2022. The Big 12 signed its new media rights extension on October 30, 2022 which coincidentally lies just after the exclusive negotiating window with the PAC ended. Effectively, ESPN locked up content when the PAC elected to go to market.

What could’ve happened? Well, the PAC could have locked up some schools in the Big 12 in July/August. They could’ve grabbed Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas Tech, Kansas, Houston, and SDSU, for example, that would‘ve been a good and viable PAC 16 covering three time zones. You can quibble over which teams, but there was a definite window there.

The PAC instead waffled and wavered, and the opportunity was lost.

What is very uncertain was how much of that time wavering was lost because several members were more concerned with lobbying for their own admission to the BIG. How much were Kliavkoff’s hands tied? I just don’t know.

This is where the PAC was badly outmaneuvered.

USC did act like an expansion snake. However, the two L.A. schools announced their intention to leave the PAC 12 on June 30, 2022. The Big 12 signed its new media rights extension on October 30, 2022 which coincidentally lies just after the exclusive negotiating window with the PAC ended. Effectively, ESPN locked up content when the PAC elected to go to market.

What could’ve happened? Well, the PAC could have locked up some schools in the Big 12 in July/August. They could’ve grabbed Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas Tech, Kansas, Houston, and SDSU, for example, that would‘ve been a good and viable PAC 16 covering three time zones. You can quibble over which teams, but there was a definite window there.

The PAC instead waffled and wavered, and the opportunity was lost.

What is very uncertain was how much of that time wavering was lost because several members were more concerned with lobbying for their own admission to the BIG. How much were Kliavkoff’s hands tied? I just don’t know.
I blame Betsy Hoffman.

Back