What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Tom Petty Waiting GIF

Unequal revenue, Longhorn Network, transfer league offices and CCG to Texas.

Note that list of invites were all the schools UT favors as near home games for them and rivalry. Mizzou was a fine school that ended up in the SEC.

I get why Scott went after those teams in trying to make a big splash and jump ahead of what the B1G is now doing. He just got played or lied to or something. Id imagine a lot of those schools wonder if they should have jumped now that UT abandoned them.
It’s an interesting thought. What if the real move was to kneecap UT and take Oklahoma, Ok State, Texas A&M, Missouri, and Colorado. Then wait for UT to come to terms. They probably end up in the SEC but maybe not.

Would have solidified a true P3 (maybe P4 had ACC stuck together) and changed everything, probably for the better, about CFB.

Last edited:
i think the BoR cancellation is meaningful.

let's posit for a moment that rg put all the gears in motion unless the pac managed to accept whatever terms he was asking for. i like this version of everyone talking out of their ass better.

Life Drama GIF

let's posit for a moment that rg put all the gears in motion unless the pac managed to accept whatever terms he was asking for. i like this version of everyone talking out of their ass better.

Life Drama GIF
I think you're probably correct

Life Drama GIF
Tiny sneaks for the win.

this is the same nonsense that keeps getting posted but means nothing. so what they agreed to a GOR deal. The GOR is dependent on getting a tv deal with enough $. What they don't have is a tv contract worth the money to stay together.

Along with all the other pro-B12 and pro-P12 nonsense that keeps getting posted but means nothing.

this is the same nonsense that keeps getting posted but means nothing. so what they agreed to a GOR deal. The GOR is dependent on getting a tv deal with enough $. What they don't have is a tv contract worth the money to stay together.

Seems like the P12 deal is similar to what the ACC just agreed to and this BOR meeting scheduled for tomorrow was cancelled. That's significant.

The 10 remaining Pac-12 schools have agreed to equal sharing of media-rights revenue with performance-based distribution of College Football Playoff revenue as part of a new Grant of Rights deal, a person with knowledge of the language confirmed to The Athletic.

This is complete crap. The original plan was that Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Colorado would join the Pac-10, leaving Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri and Iowa State behind. Colorado jumped early to lock out Baylor and Buddy Jones.

Why would CU join up with this group if Texas was the evil Satan y'all make them out to be.
Um, no. The original plan was for utah and cu to go to the pac 10, and then the texas schools tried to horn in, and baylor tried to squeeze us out altogether.

Nope. The Big 12 does have leverage in this case.
Nah. What are they going to do if the deadline comes and goes? Move the deadline. Dumb move on their part to try to exert some control over the situation.

My guess is the decision has already been made and they’re posturing to make it look like they are the ones driving this.

Well, July 1st is also the date SDSU is supposed to have to tell the MW if they are leaving....and if we don't know where we stand on a media rights deal 1 year to the day it ends, that's just absurd.

Like I said, Kliavkoff’s strategy is to run out the clock. At some point, the Big 12 option was going to close. If the “reporting” is true, and I obviously use that word lightly with these bloggers and podcasters, and a reply must be made by July 1st, then you simply don’t present a bad deal. You make schools choose based on incomplete info.

Nah. What are they going to do if the deadline comes and goes? Move the deadline. Dumb move on their part to try to exert some control over the situation.

My guess is the decision has already been made and they’re posturing to make it look like they are the ones driving this.

Hokie provided the answer I was going to give...who has the most money to offer? P12 isn't it.

I feel that in most every negotiation, the party with the most money has leverage
Money rarely has anything to do with it. Having spent an entire career negotiating commercial agreements, I think leverage comes down to two things:

1) Desire - the party who wants/needs to get the deal done the most usually has the least leverage.
2) Options - any party who has the most viable alternative options (including waiting/time) usually has the most leverage

I literally spend most of my time coaching my internal stakeholders to avoid telling the counterparty that they are our preferred/only option, or that we need/want to get a deal done quickly, even when it is true. Either comment will prolong every negotiation, and usually results in a ****tier deal.

Loose lips, sink ships. That's why I'm guessing every party to the conference media rights deal (or realignment discussions) is keeping things super quiet.

Back