What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 Might Dump North & South Divisions

the fact that bohn could take the dumpster and light it on fire and then dance around the flames and then skip away to bigger and brighter jobs chaps my ass too.

we are currently testing an out of the box theory--- can kd, now surrounded by a very experienced staff with nfl and p5 priors, coach up a group of players to a competitive level without the NIL money train rolling in at full steam?

the dwindling number of us hanging on and hoping for the best are on the edge of our seats.

Missing just one game on any given year in LA, would require Rick George and his crack staff to reevaluate as to how they intend to make up the $$$ difference.

the fact that bohn could take the dumpster and light it on fire and then dance around the flames and then skip away to bigger and brighter jobs chaps my ass too.

we are currently testing an out of the box theory--- can kd, now surrounded by a very experienced staff with nfl and p5 priors, coach up a group of players to a competitive level without the NIL money train rolling in at full steam?

the dwindling number of us hanging on and hoping for the best are on the edge of our seats.
I think the jury has come in that Bohn was not the issue. Who made the call to extend DII Danny? Who put the pressure on to hire Embree?

I actually don't know the answer to that second question, to be honest, but I do believe Phil D squashed buying out DII.

I think the jury has come in that Bohn was not the issue. Who made the call to extend DII Danny? Who put the pressure on to hire Embree?

I actually don't know the answer to that second question, to be honest, but I do believe Phil D squashed buying out DII.
fairly sure the embree hire was driven by the alumni-c club, and mac, and a handful of boosters. the desire to reclaim the glory days by hiring someone who bleeds black and gold was at a high point.

not sure on whether distef can take "credit" for the hawkins extra year... but he probably played a key role.

the instruments of our destruction were really bitsy hoffman and bynny. they set up the program to fail (maybe not intentionally but ignorantly and over the extraordinary objections of a ton of fans, boosters, and insiders. when gb was unable to continue to recruit competitively, his fate was sealed. maybe that is what the brain trust wanted at the time-- it feels like a very academic bureaucrat way to stick a knife in someone-- make sure they cannot succeed.

that lead to a series of terrible decisions and bad hires and a total failure to invest properly in football. bohn was a clown. job training at CU and then danced off with none of the **** sprayed on him that covered the rest of us and the program.

i don't hold the CUAD accountable for NIL and the outside forces that have put a death grip on us-- the p12 move seemed like a ****ing great idea at the time. i do hold the CUAD and all the administrators accountable for not understanding that football is the funding vehicle for all the non-rev sports, men and women. it requires investment and you have to be competitive with your peer institutions.

CU is not an Ivy peer institution but wants to act like one. this arrogance and the lack of decent planning and foresight have totally ****ed us.

/jumping off the soap box.

Being competitive in CFB gets harder and harder. The longer the PTB stand around with their thumbs in their backsides, the less likely CU goes anywhere but the cellar of the P12. CU needed to get serious about CFB five years ago. Actually, the nosedive started, IMO, when D II Danny was kept for his fifth year. If CU would have gotten serious, dumped D II after year 4 and supported the program the way it could have, I think CU would be a Utah type program. Winning more than they lose and occasionally punching above their weight class in the P12.

As it stands, no one has lost more P12 games than CU since 2011. That is pathetic given CU's history and resources.
Flatirons

In a 12 team conference, pods scheduling works but it's less than ideal.

For the Pac-12, I think it would be:

Northwest - OSU, WSU, UO, UW
California - Cal, Stanford, UCLA, USC
Mountain - ASU, CU, UA, Utah

Every year, you play the 3 teams in your regional pod group.

Then, you play all the teams in one of the other pods plus 2 of the 4 from the remaining pod. 9 conference games.

Next year is same schedule, but flipped Home/Away. Then some rotation to get the other 2 teams that were missed, followed by switching which pod you play all 4 in a season against.

I guess it's workable.

Honestly, though, I think I'd rather see an annual game against the paired rival and then 7 more conference games on a rotation. 8 total conference games.

Pod format with 9 conference games only works right when the conference in 16 teams in 4 pods.

Back