What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PAC12 Schedule

AZ being the 1 win? The Buffs are 2-7 against Zona since joining the PAC. With the disastrous offseason and this being a road game, I don’t see it.

Admittedly, I tuned out of Buffs athletics after another Boyle implosion so maybe I’ve missed some of the scuttlebutt.
Yeah but past performance has nothing to do with what happens this year. If this team can’t compete and beat Arizona, they may go 0-10. I am mostly projecting for the best case.

oof. Starting with the ducks? **** that...

Steven Montez and the 2016 Buffs did just fine opening conference play on the road in Engue.

Perhaps the coming out party for Lewis at QB assuming he wins the starting gig. Only tape the Ducks would have on him is his HS videos.

Haven’t seen revised totals from LV, but Colorado’s win total should be set at over/under at 2.5.
That would make sense. I would stay completely away from this team in any betting format. I don’t think this team will be good at all and think 2-3 wins is probably the max. However, the defense could easily be top half of the conference if they stay healthy at the backend of the defense. If that happens, I suppose I could see a small chance at 4-5 wins.

Home games the last week of November and first week of December should be fun.

That would make sense. I would stay completely away from this team in any betting format. I don’t think this team will be good at all and think 2-3 wins is probably the max. However, the defense could easily be top half of the conference if they stay healthy at the backend of the defense. If that happens, I suppose I could see a small chance at 4-5 wins.
The schedule setup is actually really bad IMO. We’ll be playing all of the much more talented and physical teams in the top half of the schedule. Given our preexisting depth concerns and lack of football shape conditioning from spring and a limited fall camp, I am worried about sufficient front line player availability during the second half of the scheule.

This team isn’t going to win 3 games this year.

Agree if we get beat up with either COVID or injuries. If we get through the first four games healthy, the last six set us up to string some wins together. We've beaten Arizona State two years in a row. UCLA's a dumpster fire. Oregon State's a work in progress under Smith, and they're coming here. Washington State's in year one with Rolovich (who is trying to change the offense up there without an offseason to install it), and they're here too.

I think a lot is going to depend on which PAC-12 players opt-out of the season from each team as well.

Agree if we get beat up with either COVID or injuries. If we get through the first four games healthy, the last six set us up to string some wins together. We've beaten Arizona State two years in a row. UCLA's a dumpster fire. Oregon State's a work in progress under Smith, and they're coming here. Washington State's in year one with Rolovich (who is trying to change the offense up there without an offseason to install it), and they're here too.
We have significant depth problems. I think you overestimate our team’s quality compared to teams like ASU or UCLA. We are not good.

We have significant depth problems. I think you overestimate our team’s quality compared to teams like ASU or UCLA. We are not good.

I see your line of thinking and wouldn't be shocked at all if it turned out to be correct. I think this conference as a whole is fairly overrated, and if we were playing a normal season this year-would not have a team sniff the CFP. Still, my big thing with where we are is this-This is a year 0 for Karl Dorrell between the circumstances around Tucker's departure and COVID-19. I just don't see 0-10 or 1-9 happening because I think the teams we're scheduled to play outside of Oregon are very flawed too.

I bet RG is pissed. Home games are stacked late in the season likely after a losing streak and with colder weather (I guess attendance isn’t much of a thing anymore... but still)

I would think RG would be pissed as well. 3 of the first 4 on the road and if any games actually get played, you probably will only get 1 Buff home game before this thing gets shut down

At this point I’d prefer to opt out and get a credit for next season. If they don’t offer a credit I’ll be pretty upset.

CU has already offered at the ticket holders request

1. Full refund
2. Credit for 2021
3. Donate partial or entire sum of tix to AD
Except that they haven't really offered it yet. The only communication I have from that is that they intended to offer those options and that was back in May or thereabouts. We still haven't heard the official plan for the season and they certainly have not called about it.

Just received the season options email from CU. I opted out of this season and applied the credit to next.
I am leaning that way also. I would love to go and make this the 26th year in a row that I have been in attendance at multiple games as a season ticket holder (4 as a student) but I am wary of attending any big gathering at this point as the wife and I are both high risk for adverse outcomes and with the more compacted schedule for school around here, it just seems best for us to opt out as well.

I am leaning that way also. I would love to go and make this the 26th year in a row that I have been in attendance at multiple games as a season ticket holder (4 as a student) but I am wary of attending any big gathering at this point as the wife and I are both high risk for adverse outcomes and with the more compacted schedule for school around here, it just seems best for us to opt out as well.
Yep. My reasoning as well.

I think it is wrong that they want us to commit now, when there are so many unknowns. They want us decide by Aug. 14, while they still want more time and options for themselves for a mid-Sept. game and develop plans for safeguards in an unknown environment. Why can't we see what's going on, along with them. If it's a matter of printing and allocating tickets and seats, that can be electronically. Be better to first survey the fans and ticket holders to gauge what the interest is before commitments and scenario.

I think it is wrong that they want us to commit now, when there are so many unknowns. They want us decide by Aug. 14, while they still want more time and options for themselves for a mid-Sept. game and develop plans for safeguards in an unknown environment. Why can't we see what's going on, along with them. If it's a matter of printing and allocating tickets and seats, that can be electronically. Be better to first survey the fans and ticket holders to gauge what the interest is before commitments and scenario.

They have to know who wants to be there in person so they have plenty of time to figure out which rich people will be the least pissed off to get moved to the second level of Folsom.

Back