What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Poll #4 How Bad Can it Get?

Who should be the next coach now: Pick One

• Total voters
This could be the worst outcome. Go long and miss. RG truly needs to work a miracle here. IMO, EB is the ONLY name left that can put some lipstick on this pig of a HC search.

start over. Interview Grinch, Avalos, Harrell, Scalley. Pick one.

I'm even warming to the idea of that Jay Hill guy. We can't be picking among Calhoun/Bielema/Mora

Jay Hill's done a great job there and he spent a decade under KW in SLC. Rather go that way now.

Restart the search but if not Chev out of all options rumored now. If it is Chev pay the hell out of assistants and hope he turns out to be a very poor mans Dabo Swinney.

I can get on board with that, but only if CU drops down to D2 football along with Weber State.

Two things-One, I wonder what you'd have thought of Jim Tressel in 2001 when he took the Ohio State job. Two, what would you suggest we do, brosef? Andy Avalos and his one year of P5 Coordinator experience? Another former Saban assistant with Jimmy Sexton as his agent (I bet he and RG will be exchanging Christmas cards this year!)?

Restart the search but if not Chev out of all options rumored now. If it is Chev pay the hell out of assistants and hope he turns out to be a very poor mans Dabo Swinney.

What are the names you put on the list if you do that?

**** it all
giphy.gif

Two things-One, I wonder what you'd have thought of Jim Tressel in 2001 when he took the Ohio State job. Two, what would you suggest we do, brosef? Andy Avalos and his one year of P5 Coordinator experience? Another former Saban assistant with Jimmy Sexton as his agent (I bet he and RG will be exchanging Christmas cards this year!)?

First thing is that I would never let the media put my target list together for me. Second thing, see the first thing.

First thing is that I would never let the media put my target list together for me. Second thing, see the first thing.

You can do that in December when Bruce Feldman, Pete Thamel, and their ilk have 5-8 Power 5 opportunities to discuss or when the local sports media can discuss who the Broncos will pick as a backup holder. You can't in late February when you're the only opening in college football.

Don't through stuff at me for this...
Could we get Kirk Herbstreit to coach??
I like it, we’re getting nowhere with actual football coaches so let’s widen the search to tv personalities. But don’t stop there, we should be looking at agents, groundskeepers, Ralphie handlers, and boosters. Maybe Alfano can be player/coach for a year?

I like it, we’re getting nowhere with actual football coaches so let’s widen the search to tv personalities. But don’t stop there, we should be looking at agents, groundskeepers, Ralphie handlers, and boosters. Maybe Alfano can be player/coach for a year?

I said Elway days ago, I’m ahead of the curve.

At this point, give Chev the keys, tell him if he wins 8 games in 2020 he will become the next FT head coach. Anything less than 8 wins, RG will recommend him to be the OC for the next coach. Use the 3M from MSU to strengthen the level of assistant coaches.

I said don't throw **** at me! lol And first off he know's the **** out of football. Hell he is smarter than most coaches. Second I guarantee he would be one of the top 5 recruiters in football within a few years. Third he knows everyone. Bet he could get a amazing staff here

I said don't throw **** at me! lol And first off he know's the **** out of football. Hell he is smarter than most coaches. Second I guarantee he would be one of the top 5 recruiters in football within a few years. Third he knows everyone. Bet he could get a amazing staff here
I’ve coached as many college football games as Kirk Herbstreit.

Who pray tell are they going to spend this assistant money on? Tucker now has Top 10 assistant money and he's struggling mightily to get anyone signed up other than our former guys. The timing of Dantonio's snit completely boned us since any assistant with experience / recruiting chops that could help us is currently getting ready for spring ball.

The only hope I can see is to hire Tosh and go full cheat mode. At least we'd have a chance at recruiting decent talent.

Last edited:
Back