What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RR Ralphie Report: Colorado RB Alton McCaskill to enter the transfer portal

RSSBot

News Junkie
UCLA Bruins take on the Colorado Buffaloes

Photo by RJ Sangosti/MediaNews Group/The Denver Post via Getty Images

Colorado got more bad transfer news this week, with running back Alton McCaskill announcing that he would be entering the transfer portal. ESPN’s College Football Senior Writer Pete Thamel tweeted out the news on Wednesday afternoon:

Colorado tailback Alton McCaskill (@AltonMcaskillIV) tells ESPN that he’s entering the NCAA transfer portal. McCaskill earned AAC Rookie of the Year honors in 2021 while at Houston, running for 961 yards and grabbing 113 receiving yards. He’ll have two years eligibility. pic.twitter.com/TlQTDiWP2F

— Pete Thamel (@PeteThamel) April 18, 2024

Shortly after, McCaskill announced the news himself in a series of Tweets.

“My time at the University of Colorado was great and filled with plentiful opportunities,” he said. “Also with the most talented players and the most insightful coaches. Thank you so much to Coach Prime (CU head coach Deion Sanders) and Coach Flea (running backs coach Gary Harrell), for giving me this opportunity. And to fans for support

“The only person that has any input or any influence with my decisions is me. My apologies some opinions were voiced that may leave people appalled . Please do not let that be a reflection of my character and the integrity of my career.”

McCaskill, who was a four-star recruit coming out of high school, transferred to Colorado after two years at Houston. As a freshman, he was named AAC rookie of the year after rushing for 961 yards and 16 touchdowns. He missed all of 2022 with a torn ACL, and even after coming to Boulder, took most of last season to get healthy. After appearing in only four games with the Buffs in 2023, he announced in October that he planned to redshirt.

McCaskill was the 2nd high-profile Buffs player to enter the transfer portal in as many days. Cornerback Cormani McClain, the highest-rated defensive back in his class, also announced this week that he’ll be heading elsewhere.

In a press conference on Thursday, head coach Deion Sanders downplayed the transfers, saying that the Buffs haven’t lost any starters yet.

“What happens with the portal ... a lot of people are fighting for backups,” he told reporters. “When a guy’s a starter and he transfers, you’ve got to really think about that. I mean, is he really that? I don’t know how many starters have really transferred around the country.

“I think we’ve got some [recruits] coming in from visits pretty soon, maybe even this weekend. We can attract those type of players, but I don’t think we’re losing those type of players. And if we do, we’re good. We’re good. Quit making a big deal out of nothing.”

by camellis
Continue reading...

Back