What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruiting weekend (12/9-11)

30 rock nerds GIF

As an aside, Colorado has two of the most incredible (little known) car collections for public viewing. There is a Shelby Museum in Gunbarrel that is open only 1-2 days per week, and contain some of the most rare, track credentialed Shelby classics in existence. It is hidden out of the way, and you wouldn't know about it unless you went looking for it.

In Gateway Canyon, the owner of the History Channel has one of the most astonishing historical car collections I have ever seen. you can pay $10, and walk around for hours (and likely not see another human)
I’ve never been there, but just blocks from my house in Arvada there is a car collection that was owned by Clive Cussler.

Yes. I've watched a few videos of people finding the originals of that car, and how insanely tiny it was. (I guess that's what a Le Mans race car was in the day.) But the color scheme was not red and white like the one in the photo with the recruits. It was a pale blue with some red highlights. So, I don't get the problem with a Buff colored one, I guess. But... again... I'm far more interested in bikes than cars. lol
It was orange stripes, no?

As for original colors on classics that go with the team, throw this out there.
1671104788873.jpeg
(Yeah, this probably doesn’t have the same play with the kids these days)

Last edited:

View attachment 56931
I thought it was orange stripes, too. I looked back for some images and saw red, at least on some of the photos of the original cars.

Interestingly, I wonder what color it looked like back on old CRT-based TVs and broadcasts. One of the most disturbing things I discovered when I starting in video editing and effects in the early 90s was that the colors you display were rarely accurate to the colors you shot—hence those omnipresent color bar images.

Last edited:

View attachment 56931
Nice! I think this is the Shelby made for Hertz Rental Car, thus the black and gold colors. I also notice an "H" after the 350. Best looking Shelby, IMO.

Sorry one more thing. I couldnt afford to rent the awesome rigs but if you do the highway up the river canyon would be a fantastic place to test out the performance. Literally one of the best drives in Colorado.
As owner of a cherry 500 HP 79' Corvette, I find Lee Hill to Lfthand to peak to Peak exhilarating. I'll have to drive this one!!

Back