What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown extended

**** me. At least the games will be played on campus. But still, why lock yourself into this?

Not a fan of this. This game should be played with the same frequency as the Colorado/Air Force game. Once in a generation, max.

Meh. I'm fine with it. Would much, much rather get a continuing series with Nebraska though.
On this note, have/are the nubs playing OU anytime?

CU/NU could actually become a serious ooc rivalry game if the leadership of both really wanted to make it happen.

It would also generate more money for both schools than the "traditional" alternatives (CSU and random directional school NIU).

This is not a new extension, just a finalization of the previously agreed upon and reported extension.

On this note, have/are the nubs playing OU anytime?

CU/NU could actually become a serious ooc rivalry game if the leadership of both really wanted to make it happen.

It would also generate more money for both schools than the "traditional" alternatives (CSU and random directional school NIU).
I'm pretty sure they have a two game series scheduled sometime in the next few years. Realignment has really ****ed with a lot of rivalry games - especially in the Big XX (CU/NU, OU/NU, KU/Mizzou, UT/Aggy), but also in the SEC and B1G (just because traditional rivals get to play less often in those bloated conferences).

A least it’s a home and home. But ya, I agree with what most people have already said.

Let’s ditch the Rams and play the Huskers every year.

I don't mind scheduling CSU now and then (on campuses) on the theory that it's good to have one G5 game each year. I'd be more inclined to go up to Folsom and see CSU than I would to see New Mexico, San Jose State, Connecticut, or Kent State.....

Thing is, we only get three OOC games per year. We should be doing what we can to expand the number of teams we play, not put artificial restrictions on it.

Assuming we are playing at least one other P5 opponent in OOC, and most times two of them, I don't understand the hate for this game. Who would you rather see on the schedule?
We absoloutely need to have someone on the schedule we hate and the only school that is like that right now is Nebraska.

Assuming we are playing at least one other P5 opponent in OOC, and most times two of them, I don't understand the hate for this game. Who would you rather see on the schedule?

I can’t believe they continued this game! I would much rather see us play any of the Texas schools every year. This game has very little upside.

Thing is, we only get three OOC games per year. We should be doing what we can to expand the number of teams we play, not put artificial restrictions on it.

We're doing that by playing CSU......

Any group of 5 or FCS team not named Colorado State? The series needs to go on hiatus and stay there for a while. The media in this town doesn't care, and neither do the TV networks who hold our contracts and theirs.

Playing the fuskers every year holds absolutely zero appeal to me.

You're on your own there-that's a pretty hot ticket (Tickets for our game in Lincoln are almost double what any other game on their home sked are on stubhub-including their date with top 20 Michigan State) and it will be next year when they come to us.

Just want to see more interesting P5 opponents. Kansas State, Georgia Tech, and Minnesota are pretty meh. More games like TCU and A&M going forward.

We absoloutely need to have someone on the schedule we hate and the only school that is like that right now is Nebraska.
We play Nebraska both of these years already.

I can’t believe they continued this game! I would much rather see us play any of the Texas schools every year. This game has very little upside.
We are already playing TCU and Nebraska in 2023, so who would you rather see us play that season? We are also already playing Nebraska in 2024 on the road, so which P5 program is going to agree to a one off trip to Boulder instead of CSU?
We're doing that by playing CSU......

Any group of 5 or FCS team not named Colorado State? The series needs to go on hiatus and stay there for a while. The media in this town doesn't care, and neither do the TV networks who hold our contracts and theirs.
Why? Seriously. Do you think the media in town and TV networks are going to care more about CU vs Toledo or CU vs New Mexico or CU vs Wyoming, etc?

I still don't understand the reasoning for wanting to do away with this game, assuming CU already has a P5 OOC game (or two) already scheduled for a given season.

Just want to see more interesting P5 opponents. Kansas State, Georgia Tech, and Minnesota are pretty meh. More games like TCU and A&M going forward.
And that's fair, but that's a completely separate argument from what I'm seeing in the 5 threads about the RMS extension.

Back