What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sean Miller Out at Arizona

Oh yeah. That's the good stuff. Isn't this horrifically late to be entering the carousel tho?

Oh yeah. That's the good stuff. Isn't this horrifically late to be entering the carousel tho?
I'd say so, a lot of the best options have been plucked already. Especially since everyone kind of assumed this was coming eventually, not sure why they waited. Maybe they are wanting to interview someone on the Zags or Baylor's staff. Either way not the smartest.

I'd say so, a lot of the best options have been plucked already. Especially since everyone kind of assumed this was coming eventually, not sure why they waited. Maybe they are wanting to interview someone on the Zags or Baylor's staff. Either way not the smartest.

Yeah, I'm massively confused by this move.

If arizona gets a good coach a fully expect pac 12 basketball to return to what it should be just in time for tv negotiations.

Really hate to see anyone lose their job...

happy on the block GIF by Global TV

Mods, it feels like we need a completely new Sean Miller Thread cause this is just too important not to celebrate and discuss all those years of this cheating bastard coaching against us!

View attachment 44106

Done - Pac-12 news should warrant its own discussion.

Plus then it will be easier for search engines to find out that despite being one of the most crooked coaches in the NCAA and surviving years after the FBI indicted the wildcats program Sean Miller was actually fired as much for cheating as he was for not being good enough while cheating.

Wow! I was surprised Arizona stuck with him for as long as they did. I'm glad he is out of NCAA coaching for the time being. I do have to agree that if Arizona had a run like USC or UCLA this year, Arizona would have kept him on. He was fired because he didn't win enough, not because of the cheating.

Wow! I was surprised Arizona stuck with him for as long as they did. I'm glad he is out of NCAA coaching for the time being. I do have to agree that if Arizona had a run like USC or UCLA this year, Arizona would have kept him on. He was fired because he didn't win enough, not because of the cheating.
He'll sit out a year and then get hired by a mid major and start cheating again under the radar. Book it.

Done - Pac-12 news should warrant its own discussion.

Plus then it will be easier for search engines to find out that despite being one of the most crooked coaches in the NCAA and surviving years after the FBI indicted the wildcats program Sean Miller was actually fired as much for cheating as he was for not being good enough while cheating.
Agreed, we are talking about a year in which the PAC12 was awesome and Arizona has been a joke off the court. Time for them to clean it up, and I feel that they will be good, but not able to just get all those top recruits like they used to. There was no reason except for something fishy going on!

Goodbye Mr. Pop-a-Squat

1617819328144.png

I would say generally "yes." However.....aren't we all still scarred by the late hiring/bolting of one mel tucker? Seems there will be some coaches who appear well situated at current gigs who will jump at the flash of money and promises of great program resources.
Time for some other school to be jilted late in the phase.

Seth Davis is saying it's definitely going to be an "inside the family" hire.

I'm debating putting my mortgage on it someone who's never stepped foot in the state now.

I don't get the Tommy Lloyd to Arizona talk......Sure, Few will probably coach another 10 years at least. If I'm him, I'm passing on Arizona and waiting to see if UW comes open after next year. He's from that part of Washington......and why would any up and coming assistant or mid-major HC who doesn't have ties to #APayersProgram look at that gig right now?

I don't get the Tommy Lloyd to Arizona talk......Sure, Few will probably coach another 10 years at least. If I'm him, I'm passing on Arizona and waiting to see if UW comes open after next year. He's from that part of Washington......and why would any up and coming assistant or mid-major HC who doesn't have ties to #APayersProgram look at that gig right now?
Damon Stoudamire is getting a lot of talk as well.

Seth Davis is saying it's definitely going to be an "inside the family" hire.

I'm debating putting my mortgage on it someone who's never stepped foot in the state now.
In-family hire?

I feel like Arizona should have more blue-blood in them than that. (If they are one)

The way this is going down, this smells of "The NCAA is about to rip us a new one and our job is toxic so we're gonna hire someone on the cheap and do a real search after our house is clean."

Back