What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Practices Thread-2023

Seems like they're mostly having Travis Hunter at WR right now. Prime said he could roll out of bed and play DB and Shedeur also referred to him being on his side now.
Came here to post this. The pics have him wearing white which was the Offense’s color

Coach Prime: I don't understand people who want to wear "0". That means you're nothing.

Player off camera when asked what number he wants: 0

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Not a good start for whoever that was.
I don’t think that’s a big deal. Just because Prime doesn’t like the number it doesn’t mean that it can’t have a special meaning for the guy and why he’d want it.
Been watching so much basketball so I can’t remember where I heard it, but one guy wears 0 because he got 0 scholarship offers.

The videos are great. Adds a lot of pleasure to being a fan.

CP seems to really like sporting the cowboy hat. I don't remember the last time I saw someone I knew wearing one, but they will no doubt be popular in Boulder next Fall.

I disagree with the idea a player shouldn't be feeling any anxiety at this stage of the game. Not being afraid of anything, but wondering if you're gonna make the cut, working harder to avoid that, doesn't seem unreasonable to me

CP seems to really like sporting the cowboy hat. I don't remember the last time I saw someone I knew wearing one, but they will no doubt be popular in Boulder next Fall.

I disagree with the idea a player shouldn't be feeling any anxiety at this stage of the game. Not being afraid of anything, but wondering if you're gonna make the cut, working harder to avoid that, doesn't seem unreasonable to me
Players who know they belong act as if. It’s why you see highly rated guys continue to sign with Bama, Georgi, tOSU, etc even though the 3-4 guys already on the roster were also blue chip players.

The guys who help win at a high level embrace competition aren’t thinking about whether they’re good enough

Been watching so much basketball so I can’t remember where I heard it, but one guy wears 0 because he got 0 scholarship offers.
Someday someone will wear "00" because they like the number and no one is going to tell them they can't have it.

Players who know they belong act as if. It’s why you see highly rated guys continue to sign with Bama, Georgi, tOSU, etc even though the 3-4 guys already on the roster were also blue chip players.

The guys who help win at a high level embrace competition aren’t thinking about whether they’re good enough
There is a completely different tone to what we are hearing and seeing coming out of the program compared to the past couple decades.

We are far to accustomed to communication out of the program trying to convince us, and themselves, that they actually belong in big time college football but really knowing that not to be the case.

These guys, players and coaches, know what it means to play and win at the highest level and this what they are working for.

Prime is moving fast but it will take a couple years to fully make the transition. One question now is about the players who are holdovers. Which will recognize the change and step up to contribute at a higher level. Which will recognize that they haven't been at that level and not believe they can falling by the wayside.

Sunseri is like a caricature of an old school football coach in these videos - dude must eat gravel for breakfast
I forget when he said it, I think it was during the short period of time when Prime was in Boulder after being hired and before he went back to Jackson, but it stuck with me. He was explaining to the team that this video coverage was going to show it all. The good. The bad. And every thing in between. Obviously, his son isn’t going to put out something that embarrasses his father, but there are sure to be things that are going to make fans cringe or cause fans to like a certain player or dislike another one. It will be an interesting social experiment to watch.

This stuff is amazing, but I have no perspective on how it compares to CU in the past or even other programs around the country
Same. And to be honest, the pre practice meeting is a little rough for me where he just puts out general all-encompassing statements about what people want or don’t want. And the just putting myself in the shoes of a player during actual practice having 2 coaches yelling at me from across the field seems like it would be confusing and not actually be beneficial.

But like Dio said, I have no reference or perspective how this compares to how a D1 program is run.

Alabama, and other schools, do pre-practice script and drill review in film room.

That way each player knows exactly what is going to happen on the field each period, how many reps and how to do the drill based on the film they just reviewed. Later in the year, they can chop up film and show each player what they did right and wrong when they previously did the drill.

Big boy football.

Back