What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Steve Sarkisian - former UW/USC HC/ Alabama OC (does CU have the balls to make this hire?)

Ok Francis.
RightBothClownanemonefish-size_restricted.gif

This needs to happen. I’ve tried to talk myself into all the other candidates I’ve heard and I just can’t with most of them.

Wilcox is the guy I liked the most, but Sark was accomplishing in his 30s what Wilcox is in his 40s.
Get back over to Twitter and keep banging!!!!

Seriously, I appreciate the effort you are putting forth on Twitter. That has to be noticed by those in the Champions Center, in some way.

On Gameday just now, they talked about the South Carolina job and one of them brought up Sark. Herbstreit immediately said he wouldn’t leave the Bama OC job for SC, and he’d wait for something better.

I get that South Carolina isn’t the greatest job, but oh boy, what does that say about CU being one the 1 yard line with Sark? We were that close to pulling a HC who the industry experts believe should be holding out for a low end tier 1/high end tier 2 job

On Gameday just now, they talked about the South Carolina job and one of them brought up Sark. Herbstreit immediately said he wouldn’t leave the Bama OC job for SC, and he’d wait for something better.

I get that South Carolina isn’t the greatest job, but oh boy, what does that say about CU being one the 1 yard line with Sark? We were that close to pulling a HC who the industry experts believe should be holding out for a low end tier 1/high end tier 2 job
You’re overthinking. :)

I don't necessarily agree with what Herbstreit said about SC. I get they're in a tough spot with all the recruiting competition nearby plus Clemson is at the apex of CFB now and don't show any signs of slowing down, but they have great support with a fan base dying to win and the right coach can win there. Look at what Spurrier did.

I don't necessarily agree with what Herbstreit said about SC. I get they're in a tough spot with all the recruiting competition nearby plus Clemson is at the apex of CFB now and don't show any signs of slowing down, but they have great support with a fan base dying to win and the right coach can win there. Look at what Spurrier did.
I didn’t take it as a shot against SC but more high praise for Sark. Herbie basically believes Sark is an elite HC candidate who will have his choice. Also, he’s going to remain as the hottest HC candidate as long as he’s OC at Bama, so why jump for anything less than a tier 1 job? Michigan? Texas? USC come calling again (doubtful)?

It all depends if Sark and his agent think he can get on the short list for, say, Michigan or UCLA or Texas (any of which could reasonably be looking for a coach in two years.)

It would be hard to argue the South Carolina is a worse job than Arizona or Illinois or Syracuse, which all may open up as well.

It all depends if Sark and his agent think he can get on the short list for, say, Michigan or UCLA or Texas (any of which could reasonably be looking for a coach in two years.)

It would be hard to argue the South Carolina is a worse job than Arizona or Illinois or Syracuse, which all may open up as well.
you spelled Nebraska wrong.

I didn’t take it as a shot against SC but more high praise for Sark. Herbie basically believes Sark is an elite HC candidate who will have his choice. Also, he’s going to remain as the hottest HC candidate as long as he’s OC at Bama, so why jump for anything less than a tier 1 job? Michigan? Texas? USC come calling again (doubtful)?
So if you were Sark and wanted to be HC again, and you had only Michigan and Texas to choose from, which job would you take? And why?

Back