What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad Boyle

Some history and some current events:

This was a great article, and I'm thrilled Tad is getting the love he deserves, but I can't help but add this to the pile of concerns I have about the state of our school moving forward.

This was a great article, and I'm thrilled Tad is getting the love he deserves, but I can't help but add this to the pile of concerns I have about the state of our school moving forward.
Namely:

“Everything about Boulder, Colorado, and the University of Colorado makes it an unbelievable place for school, for living, for all that,” says John Calipari, the men’s basketball coach at the University of Kentucky. “It’s just a tough basketball job. … What happens is what Tad has done—you’ve got to feed the beast. You’ve built it to a point. And now, it eats more.”

Boyle, despite offers from well-heeled universities, says he has no plans to leave the Buffs for another school. He might not coach much longer anyway.

But during the 2019-’20 fiscal year, the most recent period for which data is available, CU spent just $6.5 million on basketball, according to the Equity in Athletics Data Analysis. That was the third-smallest amount in the Pac-12 and about half of what UCLA, the conference’s biggest spender, shelled out.

Weird. I was told that the issue doesn’t go beyond the AD. Maybe that’s just for football.

CU is only spending half of what UCLA is spending and about 1/3 of what Kentucky is spending on basketball. Any plans on for renovations to The Keg anytime soon? Suite boxes? CU pumped in a lot of $$$ into football and the results yielded hasn't met the expectations of that money. We should be pumping money into basketball instead while it is still hot.

Weird. I was told that the issue doesn’t go beyond the AD. Maybe that’s just for football.

In this case, it doesn't. Keep being snarky if you want, but the AD has a LOT of stupid little things he could do that would make a big difference.

Like you, RG only seems to focus on the big things that are out of his control. He needs to realize that there are smaller things he can do to avoid stepping on his own dick that will make a difference.

In this case, it doesn't. Keep being snarky if you want, but the AD has a LOT of stupid little things he could do that would make a big difference.

Like you, RG only seems to focus on the big things that are out of his control. He needs to realize that there are smaller things he can do to avoid stepping on his own dick that will make a difference.
Exactly. Bohn was so much better for basketball. Beyond the big thing (practice facility), there was a lot with supporting the band, student section, encouraging fan travel to roadies/P12T, promos, Keg enhancements, etc that created an atmosphere without costing a lot. RG has taken the approach of football is underfunded so they get every possible dollar while every other sport gets neglected.

Exactly. Bohn was so much better for basketball. Beyond the big thing (practice facility), there was a lot with supporting the band, student section, encouraging fan travel to roadies/P12T, promos, Keg enhancements, etc that created an atmosphere without costing a lot. RG has taken the approach of football is underfunded so they get every possible dollar while every other sport gets neglected.

Im fine with football getting every dollar (to a point). It prints the dollars for the other sports. But the thing is that it seems they only chase the big shiny objects in football too instead of getting the occasional small victory. The athletic department is the dude who goes to the gym and does nothing but bench presses and then wonders why he’s not stronger.

Rick George skips leg day.

Im fine with football getting every dollar (to a point). It prints the dollars for the other sports. But the thing is that it seems they only chase the big shiny objects in football too instead of getting the occasional small victory. The athletic department is the dude who goes to the gym and does nothing but bench presses and then wonders why he’s not stronger.

Rick George skips leg day.

bench press is too much of a compound, functional workout for this metaphor...RG is the guy who sits on a bench curling over one knee then eventually pops a bicep

Back