What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• In addition to the game day thread we will also have live chat during the Buffs UCLA game. Consider it the 2020 version of a tailgate. This is normally a club member only feature but will be open to all registered users this weekend.

Tad Boyle

BuffsNYC

Captain Jazz Ass
Club Member
I like to think I'm a stickler when it comes to defensive contribution, and feel like Horne is better than D'Shawn, or at least he plays harder on D while being more consistent on O (I'll keep a closer eye on that over the next two games)

This is crazy talk. At any time, there might be one person on the court that Horne can guard. D'Shawn can usually guard at least 3 positions and is often matched up with one of the opposition's best offensive players--you also don't have to worry about him on the switch.

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
This is crazy talk. At any time, there might be one person on the court that Horne can guard. D'Shawn can usually guard at least 3 positions and is often matched up with one of the opposition's best offensive players--you also don't have to worry about him on the switch.
This.

Zachsquatch

And has he ever shut down one of our opponents best offensive players?

It’s anecdotal, but in our worst losses, it feels like D’Shawn’s matchup is torching us — chicken or the egg

I’ll certainly acknowledge that frustrations with DS while also being so thankful that JH is on this team has led to me having a bias. As I said, I’ll keep a better eye on this for the LA schools.

Last edited:

BuffsNYC

Captain Jazz Ass
Club Member
And has he ever shut down one of our opponents best offensive players?

It’s anecdotal, but in our worst losses, it feels like D’Shawn’s matchup is torching us — chicken or the egg

I’ll certainly acknowledge that frustrations with DS while also being so thankful that JH is on this team has led to me having a bias. As I said, I’ll keep a better eye on this for the LA schools.
Maybe rewatch the game against OSU.

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Minutes cannot be the pure judge, especially if the coach is not playing the best players by choice.

I think our Best 5 players are:

1. McKinley Wright
2. Jeriah Horne
3. Eli Parquet
4. Evan Battey
5. D'Shawn Schwartz

6. Jabari Walker
7. Tristan Da Silva
8. Dallas Walton
And then Maddox Daniels, on a night he passes a heat check, can be as high as 3 on that list.

BuffsNYC

Captain Jazz Ass
Club Member
Maddox is a capable defender, a capable third ball handler, just a really capable rotation guy that doesn’t deserve the hate he gets, who goes up a level when he gets hot.

Yes on defense and yes on he does not deserve the hate. No on ball handler.

torerobuff

Dancing is forbidden
Club Member
Yes on defense and yes on he does not deserve the hate. No on ball handler.
3rd ball handler. He’s capable of being one of the guys you have out front against a press. You’re in deep **** if he’s your primary ball handler. I trust him against the press more than some of the backup PGs the buffs have had in the Tad era.

Zachsquatch

Definitely agree that Maddox Daniels has become a really nice rotation piece. I still feel like Key will live up to the early hype in the years to come...easy to forget that he is essentially a true freshman.

All this talk re-emphasizes how the main piece missing from this team is a Bey/Dre (even a Wesley Gordon) defensively skilled forward.