What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

The dust has settled. Looking ahead

Our DBs were exposed by our inability to generate a pass rush in our front without blitzing. Left a lot of one on one coverage without safety help over the top. Guys played the man and not the ball all year as they couldn’t miss a tackle or it was six for the other team.

DJ Eliot consistently got out schemeded and over relied on predictable blitz combinations. Looking forward to a better strategist this year from our new DC.

They cannot afford to redshirt Jones (and it may be a good thing to move him through more quickly anyway).
This is one we have to see how he progressed moving into fall camp before that decision can be made. You never know when and if the lights go on.

This is one we have to see how he progressed moving into fall camp before that decision can be made. You never know when and if the lights go on.
It's not so much the lights going on as it is he's a very stiff player. If you throw anything below his waist, he has trouble adjusting. Very stiff route runner and pass catcher.

It's not so much the lights going on as it is he's a very stiff player. If you throw anything below his waist, he has trouble adjusting. Very stiff route runner and pass catcher.
If that's true about Jones, I'd think you could find another position on a football field where he could contribute. If the dude's profile is correct, he isn't lacking size.

Our DBs were exposed by our inability to generate a pass rush in our front without blitzing. Left a lot of one on one coverage without safety help over the top. Guys played the man and not the ball all year as they couldn’t miss a tackle or it was six for the other team.

DJ Eliot consistently got out schemeded and over relied on predictable blitz combinations. Looking forward to a better strategist this year from our new DC.

Eh, think that is giving some of the DBs a pass. We had certain players getting beat on every route. Sooner or later, the DB needs to make a play

Our schollie count is at 82 right now, correct? Sure that there will be some attrition, and early graduate transfers, but possibly some WO's earn a schollie too.

Is Polley gone for good, making that 81?

Last edited:
Polley is gone.
There seems to be some secret information about this. All that was reported publicly (and in public forums here) is that he left for one season and was planning on returning in 2019. You make it seem like I'm an idot for asking if he will be back in 2019. If it is so secret that it needs to stay in Barzil then just say so.

What does "Polley is gone" really mean to you?

There seems to be some secret information about this. All that was reported publicly (and in public forums here) is that he left for one season and was planning on returning in 2019. You make it seem like I'm an idot for asking if he will be back in 2019. If it is so secret that it needs to stay in Barzil then just say so.

What does "Polley is gone" really mean to you?
I don't have any secret info, but I had been checking to see what he's up to every now and then. He wasn't one to stay connected with CU on twitter and then I noticed in the fall that he had completely deleted his twitter account.

I don't have any secret info, but I had been checking to see what he's up to every now and then. He wasn't one to stay connected with CU on twitter and then I noticed in the fall that he had completely deleted his twitter account.
It seemed like he had a tough time recovering from illness/injury and that had sapped him of strength/weight but was sort of known going into this year, correct? After that there hasn't been any real reporting that I can find on why he left the team, and certainly nothing that has indicated he would not be returning. Buffaholic mentioned in another thread that he "burned some bridges at CU" so I was curious what that info was.

This class is pretty good so far. Certainly feels better now than my first impression. Both our DBs turned down offers from USC to come here. Huffman-Dixon and Mangham has big time offers. Most everyone had other P5 offers. We have aways to go to get to the top of the PAC 12, but this class will produce some good players.

Back