What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Good ole days are gone

Lonster

I just got my game tickets to the USC game this morning. $200 each for the cheap seats. Gone are the good ole days of buying $20 general admission tickets off the street just before the game. The price of success. I haven’t been this excited in years.

For sh*ts and giggles I looked up Nub game tix on stub hub $400-$1000 each. That’s a lot of money for Nebraska fans to pay to see their team lose.

Better capitalize on the hype.

We're swimming in that new car smell from hiring Coach Prime and had a home slate with NU, CSU and USC to sell.

Ticket demand only maintains, let alone increases, if CU Football is a winner in 2023 and contender going into 2024.

CSU tickets were $175 for the cheap seats this morning. USC at $200 was a relative bargain. Plus the $20 'processing fee' of course.

I'll offer a different take.

I don't believe there is hype about CU football.

I believe that recruiting (and this includes transfers in the modern era of CFB) is unquestionably a leading indicator of on-field success.

I believe the publicity we're getting is justified and not extravagant due to the correlation between recruiting success and wins.

What exactly were the "good ole days"? I watched Sac State, Montana State, CSU rush Folsom in 09, the second half of the OSU game in 18. Were those the "good ole days"?
I’m just in awe of the ticket prices…. I live in Seattle and for comparison I can go see the Buffs in Eugene for $64. But I’m excited to come to Boulder in September. Hopefully the electric atmosphere still exists

Personally, I've been priced out. There's no way I'm paying $150+ to watch a college football game in the cheap seats. But I guess this is the big time and if we win, I'll happily watch from my couch. Or I'll pay $8 to see them play when they come here at Cal or Stanford.

I do think it's a shame about what has happened to my favorite sport though. But the times change and there is no point in wallowing in the past. Go buffs.

Personally, I've been priced out. There's no way I'm paying $150+ to watch a college football game in the cheap seats. But I guess this is the big time and if we win, I'll happily watch from my couch. Or I'll pay $8 to see them play when they come here at Cal or Stanford.

I do think it's a shame about what has happened to my favorite sport though. But the times change and there is no point in wallowing in the past. Go buffs.

Just blame our president!

6F8B91B6-CE7A-43DC-B506-62C23EA55F4F.jpeg

My 'good old days' was when local HS athletes were given scholarships, hoping they would grow and develop. It involved kids being together for several years, forming the kind of relationships we had with Sal's tragedy.

I 100% love the Buffs and want them to succeed. But time waits for no man, and college athletics (at least BB and FB) are no longer amateur sports.

I was 10 years old, when the Giants left NYC and took Willie Mays away. I was shocked by the lack of loyalty to fans and the communities - I was devastated. Now, MLB has players switching teams late in the season, for the playoff runs. It may be 20 years in the future, but I can see college players changing teams in November.

The good ole days for me were the days when teams played on astroturf football fields and running the option back in the 1980s and 1990s. 1990 was a really good year if you know what I mean. ;)

I don't see myself going to another CU game in my lifetime (given the ticket prices) and the last one was to the last time Texas Tech (2010) came to town when Coach Orange Slices was still coaching the Buffs. It was for my wife's birthday and she just loved seeing Ralphie run around the field.

That's why I made a big deal out of the media rights stuff for whatever conference CU is in.

My 'good old days' was when local HS athletes were given scholarships, hoping they would grow and develop. It involved kids being together for several years, forming the kind of relationships we had with Sal's tragedy.

I 100% love the Buffs and want them to succeed. But time waits for no man, and college athletics (at least BB and FB) are no longer amateur sports.

I was 10 years old, when the Giants left NYC and took Willie Mays away. I was shocked by the lack of loyalty to fans and the communities - I was devastated. Now, MLB has players switching teams late in the season, for the playoff runs. It may be 20 years in the future, but I can see college players changing teams in November.
Yup. I give it about 3-5 years and CFB will be NFL lite. Homogenized, marketed to the hilt, and unwatchable, just like the No Fun League.

Even if we do well I doubt these prices last.

Season tickets were barely more expensive than last year too

Even if we do well I doubt these prices last.

Season tickets were barely more expensive than last year too
What's your thinking here that would drive the prices down? It appears the market is bearing these prices.

What's your thinking here that would drive the prices down? It appears the market is bearing these prices.
The market is bearing these prices because it’s still a novelty. Once that wears off, I doubt we will see these prices for single game tickets. CU is making hay, as they should. I am fine with that.

The market is bearing these prices because it’s still a novelty. Once that wears off, I doubt we will see these prices for single game tickets. CU is making hay, as they should. I am fine with that.
I agree. Looking at stub hub. Oregon Washington USC or utah aren’t pulling anywhere closes to the CU prices for tickets. As I posted earlier Oregon /CU game in Eugene is $64 a seat

you guys could very well be right. I'm not used to seeing ticket prices decrease year over year though -- that'd be a new thing to me.

if CU is using an automated dynamic pricing strategy based on real time demand, that probably changes everything that I'm used to seeing in this regard.

also, I expect increadible on-field success this coming year. if I'm right on that, the novelty will probably continue.

last, the pricing has me a little miffed because I really really really want CU to sell out the home slate.

My thinking as well. I bought single games early, suspecting that when the inevitable first loss or two comes, Oregon St. and Stanford will be substantially cheaper in the secondary market.

I hope we can pay Prime SEC-BigX money without a big conference TV schedule! That would be cool

Regression to the mean. These are uncharted territory at any program. CU is definitely not the program to sustain this (or any for that matter)

It’s a novelty until they start playing the games. If they only win 3-4 games this year, demand will drop next year. If they win 6 or more, prices probably increase in 2024, and I think the expectation will be competing for the conference and CFP.

Right now, it's all hype. They need to back it up with wins.

giphy.gif

Back