What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Top 100 recruit killed

I've got a story from younger years...

In my late 20's I was a professional "cooler", basically a specialized bouncer, and I had a bit of a mysterious past. Anyway, I was enticed from my job at a club in New York City by a guy named Frank to take over security at his club/bar, the Double Deuce, in Jasper, Missouri. Well Frank plans to invest substantial money into the club to enhance its image, and he needs a first-rate cooler to maintain stability.

Arriving in Jasper, I took lodging at a local farm owned by a man named Emmett. I was soon introduced to local business magnate Brad Wesley, who lives in a mansion across a river from Emmett. Wesley appears to have a stranglehold on the town; little happens without his knowledge and approval. In the course of cleaning up the violent nightclub, I ended up dismissing several unruly and corrupt employees, some of whom are connected with Wesley. After one particularly violent night where I was forced to physically remove Wesley's henchmen, I suffered a pretty gnarly knife wound. Going to the hospital for staples, I struck up a friendship with Dr. Elizabeth "Doc" Clay, lets just say I definitely boned her.

One night Wesley summoned me to his home in a seemingly innocent attempt to make peace, but he had an ulterior motive: Wesley would like me to work for him once he extorts Tilghman's club. He reveals knowledge of my past by mentioning an incident where I had accidentally killed a man in Memphis, Tennessee, then claimed self-defense at the trial. When I declined, Wesley begins an assault on all of my friends, including interfering with liquor deliveries to the Double Deuce. My mentor, legendary but aging cooler Wade Garrett, showed up in town after a disconcerting phone call from me and actually helped me defend a liquor shipment from Wesley's thugs. It was awesome!

That evening, the auto parts store of local business owner Red Webster was destroyed by a fire after he refuses to give ground to Wesley's persistent extortion demands. I, not wanting to exacerbate matters, allowed Wesley and his men entrance to the club that night. However, Wesley deployed Jimmy, a violent ex-con and skilled martial artist, to start a brawl with the Double Deuce bouncers. After a brief skirmish with me and Garrett, Wesley calls an end to the fight and leaves the club.

The next day, car dealership owner Pete Stroudenmire becomes Wesley's next victim when he also refuses to pay. As a result, Wesley has one of his goons, Gary Ketchum, demolish the dealership and crush four station wagons in the showroom with his monster truck as me and my friends look on with contempt. Wesley warns everyone not to forget that Jasper is his town. You should have seen it!

That night, Doc visited me and attempted to persuade me to leave. However, our conversation was actually interrupted by a powerful explosion at Emmett's house next door. I ran to rescue Emmett from the blaze before his house is destroyed. I witnessed none other than Jimmy fleeing the scene and I managed to intercept him. After a vicious fight, Jimmy pointed a revolver at me, but I ended up killing him by ripping out his throat with my bare hand. Sick, right?

The next morning, I received an ominous phone call from Wesley, who vowed to have either Wade or Doc killed by the flip of a coin. After Wesley hangs up leaving the outcome unknown, a badly beaten Wade staggered into the Double Deuce. Believing Doc to be in danger, I raced to the hospital alone, but she refused to leave with me, somehow repulsed by my increasingly violent nature. Upon returning to the Double Deuce, I found Wade sprawled out on the bar with a knife lodged in his chest and a note reading, "It was tails." In tears of rage, I pulled the knife free and jumped into my car, determined to settle the score with Wesley.

Driving my Mercedes, I sped recklessly toward Wesley's estate. The car draws gunfire from Wesley's henchmen, but when it crashes, they discover the car empty, and the knife that was used to kill Wade stuck in the accelerator. Using the distraction, I actually snuck onto the estate and dispatched each of Wesley's henchmen, eventually coming face-to-face with Wesley himself.

I gained the upper hand in the fight and prepared to finish Wesley in the same brutal manner as Jimmy, but for some reason I decided against it. As I released him and walked away, Wesley seized the opportunity to reach for a gun, but he was promptly shot to death in succession by Red, Emmett, Pete, and finally Tilghman, who declares to Wesley, "This is our town, and don't you forget it."

Man, what summer!

In my late 20's I was a professional "cooler", basically a specialized bouncer, and I had a bit of a mysterious past. Anyway, I was enticed from my job at a club in New York City by a guy named Frank to take over security at his club/bar, the Double Deuce, in Jasper, Missouri. Well Frank plans to invest substantial money into the club to enhance its image, and he needs a first-rate cooler to maintain stability.

Arriving in Jasper, I took lodging at a local farm owned by a man named Emmett. I was soon introduced to local business magnate Brad Wesley, who lives in a mansion across a river from Emmett. Wesley appears to have a stranglehold on the town; little happens without his knowledge and approval. In the course of cleaning up the violent nightclub, I ended up dismissing several unruly and corrupt employees, some of whom are connected with Wesley. After one particularly violent night where I was forced to physically remove Wesley's henchmen, I suffered a pretty gnarly knife wound. Going to the hospital for staples, I struck up a friendship with Dr. Elizabeth "Doc" Clay, lets just say I definitely boned her.

One night Wesley summoned me to his home in a seemingly innocent attempt to make peace, but he had an ulterior motive: Wesley would like me to work for him once he extorts Tilghman's club. He reveals knowledge of my past by mentioning an incident where I had accidentally killed a man in Memphis, Tennessee, then claimed self-defense at the trial. When I declined, Wesley begins an assault on all of my friends, including interfering with liquor deliveries to the Double Deuce. My mentor, legendary but aging cooler Wade Garrett, showed up in town after a disconcerting phone call from me and actually helped me defend a liquor shipment from Wesley's thugs. It was awesome!

That evening, the auto parts store of local business owner Red Webster was destroyed by a fire after he refuses to give ground to Wesley's persistent extortion demands. I, not wanting to exacerbate matters, allowed Wesley and his men entrance to the club that night. However, Wesley deployed Jimmy, a violent ex-con and skilled martial artist, to start a brawl with the Double Deuce bouncers. After a brief skirmish with me and Garrett, Wesley calls an end to the fight and leaves the club.

The next day, car dealership owner Pete Stroudenmire becomes Wesley's next victim when he also refuses to pay. As a result, Wesley has one of his goons, Gary Ketchum, demolish the dealership and crush four station wagons in the showroom with his monster truck as me and my friends look on with contempt. Wesley warns everyone not to forget that Jasper is his town. You should have seen it!

That night, Doc visited me and attempted to persuade me to leave. However, our conversation was actually interrupted by a powerful explosion at Emmett's house next door. I ran to rescue Emmett from the blaze before his house is destroyed. I witnessed none other than Jimmy fleeing the scene and I managed to intercept him. After a vicious fight, Jimmy pointed a revolver at me, but I ended up killing him by ripping out his throat with my bare hand. Sick, right?

The next morning, I received an ominous phone call from Wesley, who vowed to have either Wade or Doc killed by the flip of a coin. After Wesley hangs up leaving the outcome unknown, a badly beaten Wade staggered into the Double Deuce. Believing Doc to be in danger, I raced to the hospital alone, but she refused to leave with me, somehow repulsed by my increasingly violent nature. Upon returning to the Double Deuce, I found Wade sprawled out on the bar with a knife lodged in his chest and a note reading, "It was tails." In tears of rage, I pulled the knife free and jumped into my car, determined to settle the score with Wesley.

Driving my Mercedes, I sped recklessly toward Wesley's estate. The car draws gunfire from Wesley's henchmen, but when it crashes, they discover the car empty, and the knife that was used to kill Wade stuck in the accelerator. Using the distraction, I actually snuck onto the estate and dispatched each of Wesley's henchmen, eventually coming face-to-face with Wesley himself.

I gained the upper hand in the fight and prepared to finish Wesley in the same brutal manner as Jimmy, but for some reason I decided against it. As I released him and walked away, Wesley seized the opportunity to reach for a gun, but he was promptly shot to death in succession by Red, Emmett, Pete, and finally Tilghman, who declares to Wesley, "This is our town, and don't you forget it."

Man, what summer!

Man, what summer!

So, funny story, but I happened to be driving through Jasper that summer, and I think we might have bumped into each other when you were out with your girl. I don't want this to sound weird, but you were a pretty good looking fellow, and I think you could have done a lot better. I get that there weren't a whole lot of options in Jasper, but I really hope that you moved on to someone more in your league.

So, funny story, but I happened to be driving through Jasper that summer, and I think we might have bumped into each other when you were out with your girl. I don't want this to sound weird, but you were a pretty good looking fellow, and I think you could have done a lot better. I get that there weren't a whole lot of options in Jasper, but I really hope that you moved on to someone more in your league.
Funny thing is the next summer I was teaching dancing to the social elite in the Catskills. Couldn’t have been more different!

Funny thing is the next summer I was teaching dancing to the social elite in the Catskills. Couldn’t have been more different!

Aint no party like a Catskills party, cuz a Catskills party don't stop. Some day I will tell you about my cousin's friend's roommate from college who apparently could **** like no other, even from beyond the grave.

While we're talking gun stories....I was at a house party in my early 20s, where some dudes showed up (uninvited, nobody knew them) and tried to steal the keg. The host pulled out a shotgun, attempting to compel these dudes to leave without the keg. One of them got mouthy ("It's a good day to die" were his exact words) and started walking towards the gun-toting host. Anyhow, Mr. Mouth ended up taking a shell directly to the knees, getting dropped like a damn used kleenex. His friends loaded him in a car (without the keg) and left.

Cops showed up, interviewed us and let us leave. The uninvited dudes showed back up at the house later that night and beat the host half to death. Crazy days.
Jesus man, crazy stuff.

Back