What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Travis Hunter Appreciation Thread

I remember Gary Barnett saying a few years ago that Laviska Shenault was the best player at CU in a decade. As good as Shenault is, Travis Hunter is at another level entirely.

I also think that Shedeur can have a really good NFL career, but a lot will depend on the coaching he receives. Right now, we are seeing him display raw talent, but he really needs someone to coach him up, and I don’t see that happening at CU at the moment.

ive said it before, but purely talent wise travis is at least top 5 for me since i started following college football more closely like 20 years ago. he just oozes talent and it all just seems natural and smooth when you watch him
What is crazy is that when you watch him he is just a natural as a player, he makes everything look so easy as if he isn't trying that hard and yet he is faster, quicker, smoother than everybody out there.

Then you realize that he is doing it on both sides of the ball. He would be elite if he were only on one side but he does it on both. If he only played one side or the other he would be one of those top 5 guys, he does it on both.

ive said it before, but purely talent wise travis is at least top 5 for me since i started following college football more closely like 20 years ago. he just oozes talent and it all just seems natural and smooth when you watch him
Stack on his professionalism with film study + practice and training habits and it's a lock that NFL GMs are going to fall in love with him leading up to the draft.

Well Hunter put it out there. His brand was impeccable before so now he has to produce incredible performances for entirety of the next 6 games. Count me in.

Stack on his professionalism with film study + practice and training habits and it's a lock that NFL GMs are going to fall in love with him leading up to the draft.
This, he is amazingly good and he knows he is good but he still wants to be better.

Also watch his interactions with his teammates and coaches, they love him.

He has all the reason to have a huge ego and instead he is all about the team and making everyone better.

Not that I give much credence to ESPN, but they currently rank Shedeur as the #16 player and Travis as the #3 player in all of college football.

Hayes is a 20something Gen Z that obviously doesn't remember Derrick Henry or Melvin Gordon doing similar Ashton Jeanty things in the SEC and B1G. But we have LITERALLY never seen a player in College Football doing what Travis is doing.

The 9.9 ypc is insane. I can't think of anyone who has done that with a full workload. I was thinking Faulk might be the comparison (in the WAC). He averaged 7.1 as a freshman and 6.2 as a sophomore. Dickerson averaged 7.0 as a senior.

The 9.9 ypc is insane. I can't think of anyone who has done that with a full workload. I was thinking Faulk might be the comparison (in the WAC). He averaged 7.1 as a freshman and 6.2 as a sophomore. Dickerson averaged 7.0 as a senior.
I haven’t seen a single play this season. Is he an amazing player or is Boise’s OL just blowing up huge holes?

Yeah what he's doing is crazy. McCaffrey and Derrick Henry were in the 6-7 ypc range, but that was also the SEC and Pac 12. Bryce Love at Stanford rushed for 2100 yards his Junior year and was over 8 ypc.

There are a handful of RBs over the last 10-15 years who have been on a similar pace as Jeanty through 6 games (Fournette, Love and a couple others I can't remember), so we'll see how the second half of his season goes.

I do think competition matters. Like, Christian McCaffrey, Derrick Henry, Leonard Fournette, Najee Harris, Saquon, Bijan, etc are all probably doing what Jeanty is doing if they played at Boise State.

Yeah what he's doing is crazy. McCaffrey and Derrick Henry were in the 6-7 ypc range, but that was also the SEC and Pac 12. Bryce Love at Stanford rushed for 2100 yards his Junior year and was over 8 ypc.

There are a handful of RBs over the last 10-15 years who have been on a similar pace as Jeanty through 6 games (Fournette, Love and a couple others I can't remember), so we'll see how the second half of his season goes.

I do think competition matters. Like, Christian McCaffrey, Derrick Henry, Leonard Fournette, Najee Harris, Saquon, Bijan, etc are all probably doing what Jeanty is doing if they played at Boise State.

I forgot the most obvious one. :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 3.10.27 PM.png

We still up in this bitch mowing on hot takes?

Disclaimer : opened up the thread to say this and it has no specific bearing on what has just recently been posted)
Gay Lawn Mower GIF

Back