What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Troy Taylor…Sacramento St Head Coach

My question with the concept of going cheap on HC so you can build a great staff around him is, who is he going to attract that would be worth the big $$$ that isn’t borderline qualified to also be the HC? Gonna pay HC $1.8m and each coordinator $1m? I’m just not sure that works
Recruiters, a great OL coach and a great DC.

Reactions: wip
I'm liking this idea more and more.

He has coached in P5 programs and played for one. So check that box for being a guy who knows how to operate at this level.

Great background as a HS coach in CA. That checks a box for recruit credibility where we need it.

High powered offense. That checks the box for delivering an exciting product, which we need.

Spent a year as the color commentator for Cal football. Underrated box check there for being savvy to media.

Instead of staying at Utah (where his offense was limited by the style Whittingham wants to play), took over a bad FCS program and immediately turned them into a national power. Checks the all-important boxes of being able to build a program fast & of being a winner.

Not my top choice since Petersen & Prime haven't returned my calls to say "No" and the folks at Independence Community College have been completely unhelpful in getting me an answer. But I like him a whole lot from among what's left after the Hail Mary candidates.
Every time you write about a guy I think we should hire him.

you should be an agent

Im skeptical of his ability to build a quality staff. He’s been a high school coach for 15 of the last 22 years and his 2 seasons at a P5 program were at Utah where I can’t see anyone leaving for Colorado.

I feel like he would be Mike MacIntyre 2.0 and bring his entire Sac State staff.
Woof. Good point. Still like the potential.

If I’m being honest, his resume is far more impressive than Deon Sanders.

Im skeptical of his ability to build a quality staff. He’s been a high school coach for 15 of the last 22 years and his 2 seasons at a P5 program were at Utah where I can’t see anyone leaving for Colorado.

I feel like he would be Mike MacIntyre 2.0 and bring his entire Sac State staff.
This criticism is fair-but what he's done at Sac State's impressive enough to where I'd have the conversation-He's taken that thing to heights I don't think they've ever been to. Worth an interview, but not a you stop the search and hire them candidate.

idk what sort of staff he could build, but man he'd bring a fun offense to watch at least. If he can find a QB it'd be Jeff Tedford Cal high end level years

Issues being Texas recruiting and general staff ties. That said, do guys really have to already know people to hire them? I mean I doubt KD had stumbled across most of the better guys he actually hired here

idk what sort of staff he could build, but man he'd bring a fun offense to watch at least. If he can find a QB it'd be Jeff Tedford Cal high end level years

Issues being Texas recruiting and general staff ties. That said, do guys really have to already know people to hire them? I mean I doubt KD had stumbled across most of the better guys he actually hired here
The only decent coach he went out and hired left for Eugene first chance he got.

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Can't believe we even considered this guy. Saw he was down 29-0 last night against a team that went 1-11 last year. Went to bed but they were on pace to lose by over 60.

Back