What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Turn out the lights, the party is over

I've been following CU athletics and have been active on Allbuffs for 11 years.

Over that time, I've noticed that when members cease starting individual game (a) score prediction threads and (b) uniform prediction threads that it seems to indicate fans checking out for the season.

I'm not sure why this thought occurred to me today.
I've noticed this too. Additionally, the lack of an opponent look-alike thread is another strong indicator some of us have stopped drinking the Kool Aid.

I've noticed this too. Additionally, the lack of an opponent look-alike thread is another strong indicator some of us have stopped drinking the Kool Aid.
and next comes disproportionate interest in basketball from members that don't seem all that into hoops during the actual season.

and next comes disproportionate interest in basketball from members that don't seem all that into hoops during the actual season.
This loss was a kick in the nuts, not because we lost, but because how we lost, and what we think that reveals.

I'm struggling to get excited for this weekend's game, and once again hate myself for wasting energy on college football at all.

But I also know I can't quit this team and this sport, so I just get dragged through it.

I think most of the country realizes this, even our fan base. Prime likely leaves after his son's get drafted but the positive effects ($$) will be lasting if your admin can make a good hire.

I'm sad to see the series come to an end. Lot of fun back and forth and regardless of what some Nebraska Fan's say, the game against CU felt much more like a rivalry than anyone we play in the big 10.
Shiloh will not be getting drafted...not on ability at least.

This loss was a kick in the nuts, not because we lost, but because how we lost, and what we think that reveals.

I'm struggling to get excited for this weekend's game, and once again hate myself for wasting energy on college football at all.

But I also know I can't quit this team and this sport, so I just get dragged through it.
my relationship with sports has changed a lot since moving to Colorado.

I was much more fanatical a decade ago.

Today, I still love the live game experience, the energy, the pageantry, the crowds, all of it. But my desire to watch sports on TV has decreased sigfnicantly. And I don't follow recruiting or drafts or trades. I don't keep up with other teams in the same division / conference / league. I don't know much about my teams' rosters past a handful of star players (e.g. I honestly don't know who is starting at QB for Green Bay this week -- 15 years ago I could name 75% of the two deep by number, position and where they went to college).

My goal as a fan is to find the *right* balance to where I can still passionately enjoy gameday, still feel elation over the big wins, and not care all much about the losses. Allbuffs seems to support this "lightweight fandom" for CU athletics, at least for me.

Also **** you yes I am drinking already.
even more impressive as I believe you're on Pacific time.

Ryan Braun Nod GIF by Milwaukee Brewers

Shiloh will not be getting drafted...not on ability at least.
Not first round like he was projected a year or two ago but he still has a decent shot to be drafted as long as he bounces back as expected from his injury.

Not first round like he was projected a year or two ago but he still has a decent shot to be drafted as long as he bounces back as expected from his injury.
Shiloh was NEVER considered anywhere near a first rounder, man.

Fact is...our defense is better with him off the field.

Shiloh was NEVER considered anywhere near a first rounder, man.

Fact is...our defense is better with him off the field.
Admittedly, I'm just going off of media reports through the years. From the linked article above - "

Will Shilo Sanders be drafted?​

There were times that Sanders had a chance to be the third Buffalo drafted in the first round in 2025, joining Shedeur and star two-way player Travis Hunter. Shilo has yet to maintain his teammates' success and has fallen down draft boards."

He seems like a solid player though so curious why you guys feel better off without him?

Admittedly, I'm just going off of media reports through the years. From the linked article above - "

Will Shilo Sanders be drafted?​

There were times that Sanders had a chance to be the third Buffalo drafted in the first round in 2025, joining Shedeur and star two-way player Travis Hunter. Shilo has yet to maintain his teammates' success and has fallen down draft boards."

He seems like a solid player though so curious why you guys feel better off without him?
General consensus is that he takes bad angles and plays a little out of control emotionally. He can be a late hit liability.

I really like Shilo the person and he's a good player. But the defense doesn't suffer when he's not in.

General consensus is that he takes bad angles and plays a little out of control emotionally. He can be a late hit liability.

I really like Shilo the person and he's a good player. But the defense doesn't suffer when he's not in.
Fun guy, really not that great of a Safety overall
Surprised how the boys did not get Prime's olympic speed
I wanna love him, but I actually do think we will be better without him for now

I think Prime's job will be easier without Travis, Shedeur and Shilo, actually.
I think so too…but will he see it that way and adjust is the biggest question mark.

It’s going to take a GRIND to make it to the playoffs without them and, honestly, there’s nothing that I’ve seen from Coach Prime, so far, that shows me that he’s up to the challenge or has any plans beyond this year.

I know Coach Prime put in a lot of work as a player, but I’ve seen like a quarter of that effort from him as a coach…and it’s starting to become increasingly alarming.

He also doesn’t take constructive criticism well and just puts anybody that questions him into the “hater box.”

l do a lot of analysis for my work, and all of that combined is really not looking good for the Buffs, IMO.

It’s about time that Coach Prime starts showing improvement as a coach, or he will deservingly go down as a complete failure and laughing stock.

Over that time, I've noticed that when members cease starting individual game (a) score prediction threads and (b) uniform prediction threads that it seems to indicate fans checking out for the season.

You are so deep 😂

Is it game day yet?

I think Prime's job will be easier without Travis, Shedeur and Shilo, actually.
The cupboard is a bit bare for next year and he and the recruiting staff have their work cut out for them in both the portal and HS recruiting. Feldman definitely makes a good point about the grind of coaching and wondering if his motivation will still be there post Shedeur and Shilo.

But to your point, if the fire is still there to coach, I agree that he could be better without his sons on the team.

The cupboard is a bit bare for next year and he and the recruiting staff have their work cut out for them in both the portal and HS recruiting. Feldman definitely makes a good point about the grind of coaching and wondering if his motivation will still be there post Shedeur and Shiloh.

But to your point, if the fire is still there to coach, I agree that he could be better without his sons on the team.
FIFY.

The cupboard is a bit bare for next year and he and the recruiting staff have their work cut out for them in both the portal and HS recruiting. Feldman definitely makes a good point about the grind of coaching and wondering if his motivation will still be there post Shedeur and Shilo.

I don't know bare the cupboard is.

4 starting o linemen return.

Mikell, Miller, Miller Timmons, Russell all back at receiver.

Hayden, Welch Augustave all back.

Obviously QB is a valid concern...which is why we need Lewis...or spending a butt load on a transfer.

On defense, Okunlola, Thomas, Barnes, Wiggins, Walker, Webb-Walker, McCoy and McNeill all back

Hill-Green back at LB

McKinney, Stoutmire, Riley, Hood, RJ Johnson back at DB

A good coaching staff can do a lot with a foundation of those guys.

Back