What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

University of Colorado Football Watch Party and Local Alumni Chapter Information

Had a few minutes so I made some calls:
+ BWW Park Meadows - added Dish Network to a few tv's - which means they get the Pac 12 National Channel but not Pac12 Mountain - no Buffs this weekend
+ Fin McCools - Directv only/no Pac12 Network at all
+ Tilted Kilt DTC - has Dish Network. The guy freaked when I told him my understanding was Dish only had the Pac 12 National Channel and not the regional Mountain channel. He jumped on it to confirm as he did indicate the local alumni chapter is there for games and he has to figure out what the real story is.
+ LoDo's HR - Directv only, so no Pac12 Network at all
+ Brewery Bar III Park Meadows - does not pick up the Pac12 Mountain network (must be Dish, as I watched the OU debacle there last year)
+ Rio Grande Park Meadows - has Comcast! But they don't have the Pac12 Mountain network as far as they know :-(

I'm supposed to call the Tilted Kilt manager back before the happy hour rush, but right now, it is not looking good for sports bar options on the south side of town.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but won't Blake St Tavern have the game?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but won't Blake St Tavern have the game?

Don't know about BST - I'm trying to find something on the south side of town so the cab ride back isn't too crazy. If they don't have Comcast, they are probably SOL.

I spoke with the manager at the Tilted Kilt again - he was super happy I brought this to his attention. He assured me they are working with the "highest levels of Dish Network" to ensure they are cleared to have the channel available on Saturday. I don't think that is going to do much good unless there are separate commercial and residential packages. This is what the Pac 12 website tells me in terms of station availability. Unless a bar has Comcast with the add-on for Pac 12 Mountain, I don't believe it will be accessible.
Capture.JPG

Update - I had to swing by Fedex Kinko's to drop off a shipment and I stopped in Rio Grande. Confirmed they do now have access to Pac 12 Mountain and Pac 12 National channels. Right now that is my solution for Saturday.

Don't know about BST - I'm trying to find something on the south side of town so the cab ride back isn't too crazy. If they don't have Comcast, they are probably SOL.

I spoke with the manager at the Tilted Kilt again - he was super happy I brought this to his attention. He assured me they are working with the "highest levels of Dish Network" to ensure they are cleared to have the channel available on Saturday. I don't think that is going to do much good unless there are separate commercial and residential packages. This is what the Pac 12 website tells me in terms of station availability. Unless a bar has Comcast with the add-on for Pac 12 Mountain, I don't believe it will be accessible.
View attachment 12567

What I remember from last season is that Dish puts the Mountain network games on one of the alternate channels if there is any conflict. It did not show up on the guide listing until right before game time if I remember correctly. Have you heard that Dish will not have the game or are you assuming they’re not because they don’t carry the mountain network? I think you have to live in the mountain network footprint to receive the game though.

What I remember from last season is that Dish puts the Mountain network games on one of the alternate channels if there is any conflict. It did not show up on the guide listing until right before game time if I remember correctly. Have you heard that Dish will not have the game or are you assuming they’re not because they don’t carry the mountain network? I think you have to live in the mountain network footprint to receive the game though.
That's a key tidbit I did not know. I'm assuming because they do not carry the Mountain channel as a standard channel.

I would be delighted to be wrong and go to BWW or Tilted Kilt rather than Rio Grande to watch the game.

That's a key tidbit I did not know. I'm assuming because they do not carry the Mountain channel as a standard channel.

I would be delighted to be wrong and go to BWW or Tilted Kilt rather than Rio Grande to watch the game.

I remember freaking out last season for the same reason but Dish had every game in HD. I can only assume it going to be the same this season.

I remember freaking out last season for the same reason but Dish had every game in HD. I can only assume it going to be the same this season.
While my mind was already eased by the prospect of seeing it somewhere, I wasn't particularly excited about hanging out at a mexican restaurant bar for 3.5 hours. The other alternatives are way better. Thank you and rep!

Had a few minutes so I made some calls:
+ BWW Park Meadows - added Dish Network to a few tv's - which means they get the Pac 12 National Channel but not Pac12 Mountain - no Buffs this weekend
+ Fin McCools - Directv only/no Pac12 Network at all
+ Tilted Kilt DTC - has Dish Network.
+ Brewery Bar III Park Meadows - does not pick up the Pac12 Mountain network (must be Dish but not confirmed, as I watched the OU debacle there last year)
+ Rio Grande Park Meadows - has Comcast, the Pac 12 National and Mountain channels! I confirmed it with my own eyes this afternoon.
Updated to reflect sockdolager's personal experience from last year (below)

For anyone looking in Austin - I saw on FB where the gal I turned over game watches to has moved to Utah, and had no turnover. So it looks like Austin is SOL unless a Central Texan here picks up the ball and runs for the score.

San Dog, weekend, Buff Game - way to put those drill dollars to use there, CAPT. As a tax payer, I'm outraged! :lol:

If I'm going to pay my way to work, then I'm going to go somewhere fun. Oh, and I'm playing golf Friday afternoon!

Doesn't look good. They are searching for a bar with Dish but no luck so far.

Damn. The worst part, if I end up listening to the Mark Johnson radio broadcast, is that the delay makes it really hard to enjoy being in the AB chat room during the game.

Anybody aware of a CU bar / alumni watch party in the San Jose / Santa Cruz area? I'll be out there the weekend of the Oregon game for a family wedding.

I am talking to them now. I might stream the game from my ipad on one of the TV's. They need a few volunteers.

I'll keep you posted. Nik, you should come down if they get this sorted out.

This is a go. I am going to help them out by streaming the game to a big monitor using a laptop or Ipad. This will be the first attempt at this so it could get ugly.

Anybody know if Finn McCool's or the BWW's in Denver carry the Pac12 Mountain channel and not just the main PAC 12 network channel? This is going to be a rough week to find a place to watch the game.
Blake St. Tavern. Very Buff friendly.

Anyone aware of a watch party/bar/restaurant that will carry the game here in Cheyenne, Wyoming? I am a season ticket holder but can’t make it to the game this weekend (my wife is 40 weeks pregnant). Worst case I will listen on the radio. Thanks in advance.

This thread is showing new posts after my last one, but I'm not seeing them. Posting to see if it fixes things.

Does anyone know what the TV situation will be this weekend for Fresno St? Hopefully we don't need the PAC12 mountain this time??? I am in south denver (Greenwood Village), but will head downtown if need be to be with a CU group!

Back