What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

University of North Dakota President sole finalist for CU role

Also I know how everyone here wants sports added like lacrosse, hockey, and base/softball.

The man is infamous for choosing to cut UNDs women’s hockey team.

If you want a president who only cares about the bottom line. You might like him.

If you want a president who’s passionate about Colorado Buffaloes athletics, go find a pike to impale yourself on because Mark Kennedy is a snake.

I want none of those sports, especially baseball. Any additions to non revenue sports just drains the coffers. Three quarters of the Pac 12 is looking to cut some programs for the same reason.

I don’t know enough yet, but criticizing the President for cutting programs after walking into a budget mess doesn’t personally move the needle for me.

Two things: one, I really couldn’t care less about his politics; two, selling higher ed funding to the left is easy. If you want to make headway with the right, it helps to be “one of them”. That’s where Benson was so brilliant and where I HOPE Kennedy is as well.

I agree with you - but there is no evidence that Kennedy is some sort of all-star fundraiser. We knew Benson was when he was hired. We also know that at least a portion of UND donors refused to donate to the school while he was President. That doesn't seem like a great sign.

I agree with you - but there is no evidence that Kennedy is some sort of all-star fundraiser. We knew Benson was when he was hired. We also know that at least a portion of UND donors refused to donate to the school while he was President. That doesn't seem like a great sign.
I think we are in the same page here. I have concerns, but I’m not going to make any judgements until he has been on the job for a while. I know what I want to see from him, though.

If he's only concerned about the bottom line, he should be a major supporter of football.
Should. Yep. But I doubt it will work out that way. He sounds like the consummate, “let’s cut our way to growth” kind of guy.

I’m going to go find a spike to impale myself on.

he is the lone finalist because a state law mandates that. the regent that supports athletics, Heidi Ganhal is exited for him. As far as cutting sports, ND had huge money issues and CU athletics do not also ND does not have at 35million tv contract the CU does. Title iX will also keep him from axing sports if he is of mind. Who knows if he is good and bad but you hope the committee did their due dilegence

The committee was co-chaired by Jack Kroll. Why should anyone hold faith in that committee?

I doubt the regents did little more than give a search firm their want list that included a resume with 1)business skills, 2) academic leadership, and 3) political experience. With those boxes checked, it seems like it was rubber stamp time.

Back