What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB off season news

Las Vegas Aces cut Kelani Brown yesterday, on the first day of training camp. She must have pissed someone off to get cut the first day. She was 7th in the 2019 draft and has been around the league.

I don't know if this means anything or not. In the past it has meant a commitment. Here's hoping it does and it's a good one.

Not sure, but assume this may (???) have been about the below incoming transfer from the U. of Arizona (who hails from West Linn, Oregon)?

Welcome and congrats to Ms. Vonleh!

(Note- I also plan on adding a separate thread for her in the recruiting sub-forum soon.)

She is a 6'3" F who, per her Arizona roster page, was a 4 star ranked player out of high school, and was the #9 ranked (by ESPN) post player in her class. Assume she'll be a sophomore next season.

Just quoting the full Arizona roster bio page (https://arizonawildcats.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/aaronette-vonleh/12943)-

"
FRESHMAN (2021-22): Appeared in 17 games as a true freshman while averaging 6.9 minutes per game… Averaged 4.1 points and 1.6 rebounds per game for the season while shooting an efficient 61.5 percent… Scored 14 points on 7-of-8 shooting from the field in season opener versus CSUN… Season high in points came in win at NAU with 17 points on 7-of-10 shooting from the floor… Top rebounding games cam in wins over CSUN and Marist with six boards… Also tallied a pair of steals in the NAU win.

HIGH SCHOOL
Rated as a four-star recruit and the No. 9 post player in the country by ESPN … A top 100 recruit in the class of 2021 by ESPN … Averaged 17.1 points and 7.5 rebounds per game during her junior season while shooting 64% from the field in 2020.

PERSONAL
The sister of NBA player Noah Vonleh.
"

Last edited:
Ex-Cherry Creek player, Stanford's Jana Van Gytenbeek entered the portal a couple of days ago. The 5'7" guard graduated HS in 2020 and has a few years left to play. Played a reserve role at Stanford the last two years. Not saying the Buffs should be interested, just noting that she's out there and was highly thought of coming out of C. Creek.
Baylor

A few different things-

Best wishes to Assistant Coach Lee in her new job, and hope the Buffs can find a great replacement. (Hopefully (or not) I'm assuming correctly in my reading of her tweet that she IS moving on from CU for another full-time job.?.)

Best wishes to this outgoing transfer at Missouri State -

And, best wishes to Mya Hollingshed on finding a good new basketball "home".

I've been posting graduation congrats and posts from today so far in a general thread in the Olympic Sport forum (https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/2021-22-school-year-general-academic-and-graduation-news.150092/), but since the WBB team did make some cool separate posts on most of their grads, figured I'd post the below here.

Congrats to the 3-4*** grads from the team!

(***In the Academic Dept's. post congratulating all the grads by team, they congratulated Ms's. Finau, Tuitele and Knight for WBB. However, per the last tweet below, looks like Ms, Sherrod was also at graduation today.)

If I am remembering right Jaylyn came in with some college courses already completed but she is one heck of a good student as well as basketball player.

Congratulations to Shelley Sheetz and welcome home!

CU Buffs legend Shelley Sheetz joins women’s basketball program

Sheetz hired as assistant to head coach, director of player development

The opportunity to return to her alma mater and be involved with the women’s basketball radio broadcasts last season was a thrill for Colorado Buffaloes legend Shelley Sheetz.

CU head coach JR Payne has given Sheetz an even greater opportunity.

Sheetz, who starred at point guard for the Buffs from 1991-95, has been hired as CU’s special assistant to the head coach and director of player development.

“I’m very excited. I feel like I’m coming back home,” said Sheetz, who starts her new job on Tuesday. “I feel like everything’s kind of coming around full circle. … For me to come back in this role, it’s an incredible opportunity.

Congratulations to Shelley Sheetz and welcome home!

CU Buffs legend Shelley Sheetz joins women’s basketball program

Sheetz hired as assistant to head coach, director of player development

I assume this is a good thing, right? Does she have coaching experience?

Shelley does have on-court coaching experience. I don’t think that’s an area she particularly enjoys, but she still has a passion for the game. This new position should be great for her.

Shelley explained to me that in this position she is not allowed to coach the players on the court.

I was surprised a #8 was waived but was shocked that no one claimed her. Is there something else going on?
Not that I know anything, but comments I have read from those that follow the WNBA way more than I do expressed shock that Mya was selected at #8 in the draft. They either didn't think she'd be selected at all or that she would be selected in late second or third round, a spot that would not have her making a roster. So maybe those folks were right.

Mya is working with a coach this summer. I think her plan now is to play in Europe.
Lot tougher to get a chance there now, particularly in light of the Ukraine conflict. Hope she gets a chance, rosters are filling fast

Back