What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What if Viska Stays?

BatBuff

Viska isn't staying, but I thought a hypothetical thread could be fun. It could make the transition of a new QB a lot easier.

I'm excited to see which WR's step up next year too. Will Bell or Arias step up the biggest?

He might. He really respects Chev and coach Tuck.

We would win a national championship and he would win the Heisman.

He'd need a REALLY great insurance policy to come back, but even then, he's gotta get healthy and go pro.

I'm sure he'd love to do 1 more year with KD, Vontae and co .... but it's an impossible case to make.

Look no further than Bryce Love. My wife and I met him after his junior season, prior to the Heisman ceremony and I remember wanting to encourage him to go pro (not my place). His senior worked out terribly. Ugh.

He should go and get his money imo. Couldn’t you make the argument in theory he could make more money by coming back and having a more productive season and staying healthy? He’s prob a late first to early second rd pick right now? Second rd is around $7mil contract. He improves his stock and goes even around 15th overall next year he’s talking more than double the contract. Just trying to argue from the other side

The only rationale for him to stay would be if he is a Top 10 or 15 pick most years (and would be in 2021 draft) but he's hearing all the NFL front office people tell him he's a 2nd round pick at best this year due to the injuries and lower production this year against the backdrop of maybe the best WR draft class ever in 2020.

The only rationale for him to stay would be if he is a Top 10 or 15 pick most years (and would be in 2021 draft) but he's hearing all the NFL front office people tell him he's a 2nd round pick at best this year due to the injuries and lower production this year against the backdrop of maybe the best WR draft class ever in 2020.
Maybe he really likes school!

Assuming worst case scenario end of round 2... DK Metcalf will make a shade under $4.6mm in his rookie contract as a starter for a really, really good team. If that’s what’s in store for Viska and he can get one season closer to a second NFL contract, he should go.

I don't think this was ever a decision really, outside looking in. Best of luck to him, privilege to see him represent CU at the highest level.

What if the draft skips straight to the second round and all the 1st rounders can’t be selected. Then what?

Back