What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What was the total win-loss record of CU while you were in school?

massive respect to everyone who had their shjt together sufficiently to graduate college in four years.

Classic Film Respect GIF by Warner Archive

Massive respect to those of us who realized that being at CU for as long as possible (like me at 5 years) was one of the best decisions ever. In hindsight, would have been brilliant to extend to six years.
I had a buddy who came in a year after me and graduated a semester before me. For the next decade, he would bring it up periodically like he massively outdid me in some way due to this point. I never argued with him about it, I just smiled to myself every time he brought it up.

In his early 30's, his tune changed. "You know, in retrospect, I don't know why I was in such a rush to graduate and get out of there. You did it right milking it for 5 years."

no question college is fun.

but, all other factors being equal, a person who graduates college at age 22 is going to have their retirement funded 3 - 5 years earlier than someone who graduates at 23.

Taken to an extreme: I graduated at age 36 and started my second career age 37. When people learn my history of flunking out at 19yo, working fast food for 16 years and returning to college in my 30's to start a new life -- a common thing I hear is "that's a really great story man!". My response 100% of the time is "a better story is the one about the guy who has his **** together leaving high school, graduates at age 22 and retires in his early 50's".

actually for me, it's much more severe: if I had gotten my Computer Science degree in 1992, I would've caught the dotcom boom and probably retired in my 40's.

but, all other factors being equal, a person who graduates college at age 22 is going to have their retirement funded 3 - 5 years earlier than someone who graduates at 23.

Taken to an extreme: I graduated at age 36 and started my second career age 37. When people learn my history of flunking out at 19yo, working fast food for 16 years and returning to college in my 30's to start a new life -- a common thing I hear is "that's a really great story man!". My response 100% of the time is "a better story is the one about the guy who has his **** together leaving high school, graduates at age 22 and retires in his early 50's".

actually for me, it's much more severe: if I had gotten my Computer Science degree in 1992, I would've caught the dotcom boom and probably retired in my 40's.
You still have to land at the right company. I’ve worked for 6 startups and only made significant money at 1. I’ve also been laid off twice when the company started failing.

1994: 11-1
1995: 10-2
1996: 10-2
1997: F Neuheisel 5-6
1998: 9-4
Total: 47-15

hoops: Boyce & Chauncey were great
1994: 15-13
1995: 9-18
1996: 22-10
1997: 13-14
Total: 59-55

4 1/2 year plan

I’m not good at math or finance, but I’ve calculated 23-22 = 1.

What about those of us that were 21?

38 (41)-8 (9)-2 .826 (.820)
1992: 9–2–1 (Bowl Loss)
1993: 8–3–1 (+ Bowl Win)
1994: 11-1 (+ Bowl Win), Heisman
1995: 10-2 (+ Bowl Win)
I had one extra year on you with 1991.
Total record 46-11-3.
1991 was Hagan's last year at 8-3-1 with a loss in the Blockbuster Bowl.

Lol. Just look up compounding growth in investments and how much a difference one year can make. Think of $19,500 getting an average of 4% growth over 40 years. Makes a significant difference
Right, but isn’t that still just a one year head start…compounding interest and all?

93: 8-3-1
94: 11-1
95: 10-2
96: 10-2
Math sez: 39-8-1

4 bowl wins, 3 top ten finishes, 1 Heisman, zero doubt that CU football would be good forever. Sigh.

Basketball:

1993-94: 10-17
1994-95: 15-13
1995-96: 9-18
1996-97: 22-10 (Chauncey led us to a win over Bobby Knight and Indiana in the NCAA tournament.)
Math: 56-58

CU Football.JPG

43-16-1.....You could add in part of '91 (I took a few semesters off...lol). The program got better every year I was there and culminated in a National Championship. As soon as I left it started it's slow, steady downward trajectory. F*ck...I'm starting to think this whole thing is my fault. That's it...I'm going to enroll in some night classes! I assume this will result in Nick Saban almost immediately leaving Bama for Colorado, because the only thing left for him to prove is that he can take a program from the absolute depths and turn it into the premier program in the country within a year...or two at most

93: 8-3-1
94: 11-1
95: 10-2
96: 10-2
Math sez: 39-8-1

4 bowl wins, 3 top ten finishes, 1 Heisman, zero doubt that CU football would be good forever. Sigh.

Basketball:

1993-94: 10-17
1994-95: 15-13
1995-96: 9-18
1996-97: 22-10 (Chauncey led us to a win over Bobby Knight and Indiana in the NCAA tournament.)
Math: 56-58
Hey, there's another Allbuffs asshole that has the same definition of 35 as me.

Back