What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's your Top 5 list (and how does it compare to fans in the metro)?

How many of your 5 match the list on the tweet below?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I mean, taking UW from 0 to 5, 6, 7, 7, 8 regular season wins seems like a pretty good progression to me. Definitely underachieved in his first full year at USC and the wheels came off with the booze but that is hardly glossing over his record.

Seems like an above average coach, not the wunderkind he is made out to be.

Not that I think Sark is a bad choice, but some of you are glossing over his career record.
Not glossing, but he’s had a winning record at 2 Pac12 schools that he took over after pretty messy situations before him. Our options when it comes to current or former P5 head coaches are going to be pretty thin so getting a guy who has been a winner in our conference is probably the best we can hope for with respect to guys with HC experience. It’s a bonus that he’s young and knows what it’s like to recruit at a high level. Otherwise I think we’re looking at an assistant somewhere.

I'm just throwing this out there, don't yell at me....

Michigan fans seem mildly irritated that Harbaugh can't get over the hump and his contract doesn't have much longer on it. Worth making a call?
Not only NO, but HELL NO!

Back to the Penalty Box for you!

Seems like an above average coach, not the wunderkind he is made out to be.
He was also boozing hard at Washington for what its worth. Just had a damn good year as the OC for Alabama with a backup QB for 3.5 games. Obviously the talent there is crazy but his year there is more impressive than anything Grinch has done as a DC. He is also pretty young.

He was also boozing hard at Washington for what its worth. Just had a damn good year as the OC for Alabama with a backup QB for 3.5 games. Obviously the talent there is crazy but his year there is more impressive than anything Grinch has done as a DC. He is also pretty young.

I know he was boozing hard at Washington. He also Wilcox as his DC and Lupoi as his DL coach.

1. EB
2. Grinch
3. Avalos

That's all I can muster interest in. The Sark situation at USC was bad. I could see him being a HC somewhere again, but this is not the right place for it.

There were lots of issues at USC beyond the drinking. Granted Haden was the AD at the time so the whole department was a mess, but there were other behavioral issues with Sark as well that went into the decision to fire him. And on top of that, he just wasn't that great of a coach. He recruited well, but never produced. That's what got him the nickname "Seven win Steve." Then, when he gets fired, he proceeds to sue USC for $30 million.

So he needs to go the Kiffin route and coach somewhere like UCF before getting another P5 opportunity, IMO. I don't think RG is going to want to deal with all that.

There were lots of issues at USC beyond the drinking. Granted Haden was the AD at the time so the whole department was a mess, but there were other behavioral issues with Sark as well that went into the decision to fire him. And on top of that, he just wasn't that great of a coach. He recruited well, but never produced. That's what got him the nickname "Seven win Steve." Then, when he gets fired, he proceeds to sue USC for $30 million.

So he needs to go the Kiffin route and coach somewhere like UCF before getting another P5 opportunity, IMO. I don't think RG is going to want to deal with all that.
I mean, maybe a lot of those behavioral issues stem from having a messed up personal life. The one full year he had at USC wasn't even that bad. They were traveling like 50 kids to games right? Completely limited roster from the sanctions I thought. Obviously it came off the rails the following year but hard to use it against him with what was going on.

I will always defer to you with USC knowledge though. I just think that a rehab year under Saban is a lot better than going to FAU.

I mean, maybe a lot of those behavioral issues stem from having a messed up personal life. The one full year he had at USC wasn't even that bad. They were traveling like 50 kids to games right? Completely limited roster from the sanctions I thought. Obviously it came off the rails the following year but hard to use it against him with what was going on.

I will always defer to you with USC knowledge though. I just think that a rehab year under Saban is a lot better than going to FAU.

The sanctions ended in 2012. Sark didn't become HC until 2014 so he had a full roster.

The sanctions ended in 2012. Sark didn't become HC until 2014 so he had a full roster.
Why do I remember them going to Boston College and getting beat because they could only travel under 50 players. Was that injury related? I remember watching it at the CU game.

Maybe this was all a ploy by Saban to get MT out of the way so he can retire in a place that isn’t a **** hole? Get him on the line Rick!

I can buy Sark, he is damaged goods but he has connections, experience, has won and has won and recruited in the P12. He would be the closest thing to a homerun we can muster this time of year. Besides everyone needs a second chance and how much worse can it get at CU? We’re looking for a new coach for the 2nd time in a little over a year, shoot for the moon. We can’t get much worse or be more embarrassed then we’ve been.

Why do I remember them going to Boston College and getting beat because they could only travel under 50 players. Was that injury related? I remember watching it at the CU game.

No, SC had a full roster that game. There were a handful of injuries, but nothing major. It was just another disappointing performance for a USC team under Sark.

I can buy Sark, he is damaged goods but he has connections, experience, has won and has won and recruited in the P12. He would be the closest thing to a homerun we can muster this time of year. Besides everyone needs a second chance and how much worse can it get at CU? We’re looking for a new coach for the 2nd time in a little over a year, shoot for the moon. We can’t get much worse or be more embarrassed then we’ve been.

Are you okay?

My list would be:

1. Alex Grinch
2. Billy Napier
3. Morgan Salley
4. Sark
5. Andy Avalos

No EB, Chev, or Logan :p for me!

No, SC had a full roster that game. There were a handful of injuries, but nothing major. It was just another disappointing performance for a USC team under Sark.

55 Players made the trip to Boston.

Didn't Kiffin do some tricky stuff to kind of delay the sanctions? He was always oversigning or doing early signees and counting them backwards or something?

idk, I'm sure 9-4 wasn't the dream for USC fans, but I'm not really factoring in his time at USC much. He just wasn't there long enough to know much from it.

serenity's point about him suing USC is a good one, though. I'm sure an AD won't like to read that.

Any list with Vance Joseph is a good one. My liver would love that hire.

Maybe Colt Brennan for QB coach, too?

eiw3ukp87me21.jpg

55 Players made the trip to Boston.

That's a little low, but nothing major for USC. They did have 7-8 injured players out for the game. But it's not the reason they lost.

Back