What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's your Top 5 list (and how does it compare to fans in the metro)?

How many of your 5 match the list on the tweet below?

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's a little low, but nothing major for USC. They did have 7-8 injured players out for the game. But it's not the reason they lost.
No definitely not. I just remember Cowherd or someone like that picking BC for his upset pick because USC was so beat up, especailly on the o-line, only traveling 50 players and they had to travel across the country (probably the longest road trip outside of Hawaii trips) coming off a very physical game against Stanford. And they did look beat up and exhausted that was for sure.

No, SC had a full roster that game. There were a handful of injuries, but nothing major. It was just another disappointing performance for a USC team under Sark.
To be fair, that “disappointing performance” in 2014 had USC going 9-4 with their 4 losses coming against teams who were a combined 36-16. 3 of their 4 losses were to teams that finished ranked in the top 20 plus a road loss to BC which you all have discussed. Not exactly a disaster for a coach in his first season, following the Joey Freshwater show, and battling an addiction.

Fun fact: The two coordinators for BC when they beat USC that year were Ryan Day (current tOSU HC) and Don Brown (current Michigan DC). Addazio only managing a 7-6 season with that staff should give CSU pause.

To be fair, that “disappointing performance” in 2014 had USC going 9-4 with their 4 losses coming against teams who were a combined 36-16. 3 of their 4 losses were to teams that finished ranked in the top 20 plus a road loss to BC which you all have discussed. Not exactly a disaster for a coach in his first season, following the Joey Freshwater show, and battling an addiction.

Fun fact: The two coordinators for BC when they beat USC that year were Ryan Day (current tOSU HC) and Don Brown (current Michigan DC). Addazio only managing a 7-6 season with that staff should give CSU pause.

9-4 is disappointing for USC. Especially for a team that was ranked #9 in the country when they lost to BC. Oh and USC's defensive coordinator that day when they gave up 450 yards rushing, Justin Wilcox.

9-4 is disappointing for USC. Especially for a team that was ranked #9 in the country when they lost to BC. Oh and USC's defensive coordinator that day when they gave up 450 yards rushing, Justin Wilcox.
Agree to disagree I guess. 9-4 in his first season following the Lane Kiffin era where he hadn’t recruited anyone on that roster and where the previous coach was fired halfway through the season isn’t too bad.

They were ranked #9 in week 3 which is all make believe at that point in the season. They started the year ranked 15 and ended the season at 20 - hardly a huge disappointment.

The defensive performance would reflect poorly on Wilcox if you judges him based on one game...but of course you wouldn’t.

Agree to disagree I guess. 9-4 in his first season following the Lane Kiffin era where he hadn’t recruited anyone on that roster and where the previous coach was fired halfway through the season isn’t too bad.

They were ranked #9 in week 3 which is all make believe at that point in the season. They started the year ranked 15 and ended the season at 20 - hardly a huge disappointment.

The defensive performance would reflect poorly on Wilcox if you judges him based on one game...but of course you wouldn’t.

In the two years prior to Sark's hire, USC's recruiting classes were ranked 8th (2012) and 13th (2013) nationally. Also, in 2014, just prior to his start, they were ranked 10th nationally with recruits like Adoree Jackson and JuJu Smith-Schuster. But nope, no talent on that roster.

In the two years prior to Sark's hire, USC's recruiting classes were ranked 8th (2012) and 13th (2013) nationally. Also, in 2014, just prior to his start, they were ranked 10th nationally with recruits like Adoree Jackson and JuJu Smith-Schuster. But nope, no talent on that roster.
Who says there was no talent? He won 9 games his first year - you make that sound like he had a losing record. His recruiting classes actually got better being #10 in 2014 and #2 in 2015. Clay Helton still has a job there in large part on the success he had with Sark’s recruits early on.

Who says there was no talent? He won 9 games his first year - you make that sound like he had a losing record. His recruiting classes actually got better being #10 in 2014 and #2 in 2015. Clay Helton still has a job there in large part on the success he had with Sark’s recruits early on.
Winning 8 regular season games at USC is never acceptable. Who cares about some worthless bowl game.

In my opinion we go after two main HC candidates and fill the OC/DC with the same coaches.

HC: Bieniemy or Sarkisian
OC: Chiaverini
DC: Leavitt

This would make for an amazing recruiting core and all are great coaches. Plus this would give Chev a few more years with a great OC mentor before he takes over.

Yikes.

Why do people keep calling Leavitt a great coach and great recruiter?
He is just a good hardcore defensive coach that gets everything out of guys. Cannot recruit for **** these days, should go back to the NFL, surprised that Fangio did not find a spot for him.

to troll you

I've been emailing Adam and Howell trying to convince them Leavitt is interviewing and pondering the job and requesting to be an anonymous source, but they haven't fallen for it yet

:ROFLMAO:

The guy is basically Willie Taggart's DC these days. No one else ever really seems interested, despite his apparently amazing credentials.

If you think Sark did a good job at USC, then I can't help you. 12-6 at USC is not good. And Helton still being at USC has nothing to do with Sark.

:ROFLMAO:

The guy is basically Willie Taggart's DC these days. No one else ever really seems interested, despite his apparently amazing credentials.

even if people liked Leavitt for 2016, he's the freaking DC at FAU now. Nobody else is considering hiring him for HC. That should be our first consideration for a name. Would CSU hire him? If the answer is no, new name.

even if people liked Leavitt for 2016, he's the freaking DC at FAU now. Nobody else is considering hiring him for HC. That should be our first consideration for a name. Would CSU hire him? If the answer is no, new name.

Forget HC, he is not getting P5 DC jobs these days.

The craziest narrative is his recruiting. He does not really recruit at all.

If you think Sark did a good job at USC, then I can't help you. 12-6 at USC is not good. And Helton still being at USC has nothing to do with Sark.
Under the circumstances, yes I think he did a good job there. Recruited lights out - enough talent to help Helton win a conference title despite being a terrible football coach - and went 9-4 in his only full season (his first). Hell, the guy allegedly beat ASU by 28 on the road while drunk. I’d love to see what he could do now that he’s clean.

Under the circumstances, yes I think he did a good job there. Recruited lights out - enough talent to help Helton win a conference title despite being a terrible football coach - and went 9-4 in his only full season (his first). Hell, the guy allegedly beat ASU by 28 on the road while drunk. I’d love to see what he could do now that he’s clean.

Again, 12-6 with USC's talent is not a good job. He was painfully average at UW with comparable talent to what we could hope to get at CU. He's not worth it.

Again, 12-6 with USC's talent is not a good job. He was painfully average at UW with comparable talent to what we could hope to get at CU. He's not worth it.
Don’t worry you are arguing with one of the les miles supporters because he averaged 9 wins a season.

IMO EB and Sark are the two best candidates.
After that, I like Grinch, Harsin, Scalley, and Avalos.

My top concern is recruiting our current priority signees and quickly reevaluating and reestablishing bonds with 2021 & 2022 prospects.

My faith in this program is wholly contingent upon RG & LC’s ability to make the Football Coaching and support staff budget much bigger than we expected it to be for 2020.

In addition to the $6 million we were going to spend:
We have $3 million coming from MSU.
We need more millions from donors.

There are really good coaches available for us to hire, but money is the key. We are at a crossroads and will need to decide about making a serious commitment to football or languishing back into the abyss.

Last edited:
Colorado needs to take a Moon Shot at this juncture. Problem, there are so few viable candidates who players, recruits and fans would circle the wagons around at this point.

- Luke Fikell is the only one from the G5 HC pool, who'd qualify as a splash hire. Hire a Black Anderson or a Seth Littrell type, I could see a mad rush for the exists. If It's appearing that Fickell would only leave for his dream job i.e. Notre Dame for him to make the jump, so we probably can check him off the list..

- EB, love, love this man, but come-on, lets leave well enough alone. There is good reason why he has not interviewed for college HC job since 2011. EB is so perfectly suited for the NFL, and will make great NFL HC someday.

Power 5 Coordinators: I'm betting we'll see our next hire from the this pool, afterall this is where George and LC went hunting last time (Lake, Ryan and Tucker).

Sark, I actually like himn quite a bit The pros and cons have already been thoroughly debated and hashed out in other posts. Probably too many question marks at the end for RG to make the move. I for one, wouldnt be pissed with a Sark hire.

- Alex Grinch, thanks to some damn compelling Allbuffers, I'm rooting for Grinch now. Impressive track record, right background, and a recent HC offer from Wazu, who has the book on the guy. I don't think we can conclude he would turn down an offer to come to CU. Pullman is or just about the hardest P5 job out there. Cannot blame a young rising star for declinning the WSU job even if it were for all the tea in China. If I'm RG, I'm going all in on AG and that is my final answer.

Last edited:
A steadily increasing win total and regular bowl appearances at Washington was painfully average? The same Washington that went 0-12 the year before he got there? Now I know you’re full of s**t.

So average at Washington he got a HC job at one of the legitimate national powerhouse programs. STFU

Don’t worry you are arguing with one of the les miles supporters because he averaged 9 wins a season.
Heh, I was into Miles before we hired MacIntyre, not so much last year. I think I liked Day, Tucker, Lake, and Schiano last year. Weren’t you a big Dino Babers fan? Glass houses, amirite?

If everyone wants a successful OC with multiple Super Bowl wins and a previous disastrous run at a head coaching job, why not Josh McDaniels.

I’m sure he’s learned a lot from Belichick since his last time in Colorado.

round out my list with Petrino, Kubiak, Meyer, and Paterno (so what if he’s not very energetic these days).

Back