What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's your Top 5 list (and how does it compare to fans in the metro)?

How many of your 5 match the list on the tweet below?

Results are only viewable after voting.
He is supposedly clean and sober and has been for a while. Enough for Saban to hire him twice along with Dan Quinn and Falcons. Hasn’t had a problem for years. He’s a proven top HC in the sport who can recruit and knows the footprint.
This x1000

Not to be a Debbie Downer but Grinch would be GONE after two consecutive .500+ seasons. I'm not sure that this should be a consideration or not. I'm still getting used to this Mountain West kind of thinking.......

This post will get me crucified, but I am hoping we can pull a Baylor and find a Matt Rhule somewhere. That guy pulled off a miracle.

Is it just me or am I getting the sense that there is something wrong with every candidate?

Being this late in the process kind causes that issue. No home runs left so yes, every candidate has some question or issue
That doesn’t even matter, people will complain about any candidate. There were people criticizing Ryan Day last year for not being so great at BC, or not having recruiting ties in the west, or for being tainted by Urban Meyer. Pretty sure we’d all sell our souls for Ryan Day right about now.

Being this late in the process kind causes that issue. No home runs left so yes, every candidate has some question or issue
That's the thing about this late. Very few sitting D1 HCs will entertain an offer at this point. A good number of the best coordinators who are in great situations would rather hold tight knowing they'll have opportunities after the coming season.

MSU was able to offer more than a lot of NFL coaches make. CU's a lower budget P5 job that went to 1 bowl games in the past decade.

However, there's also opportunity with being this late. There are fewer than 100 NFL + P5 head coaching jobs and a lot more interest than openings each year. Lots of great coaches get hired in a year who make people wish they'd hired the guy the year before when they'd had an opening.

1. Sark
2. Lupoi
3. Grinch
4. Maybe Napier...

That's about it. Maybe RG will surprise everyone with a candidate that hasn't been mentioned.

after getting turned down by their first choice and maybe their top 2 choices.

That and being turned down by their final choice the 1st time until they backed up a brinks truck. I still believe he will be a good coach but if he didn’t lie I would have said good riddance if it was between having him and being hamstrung by an almost 6/mil a year contract.

It didn’t hurt them? They just spent top 12 money on a guy with one year experience as a HC and a losing record.

My point was that MSU HAD the money to get someone who was on its list. You can question whether the money was well spent and history will tell, but they Had the $$ nonetheless.

My point was that MSU HAD the money to get someone who was on its list. You can question whether the money was well spent and history will tell, but they Had the $$ nonetheless.
By the time it makes it out to the media for a search like that, the back channel stuff has already happened. No way MSU targets Fickell and Tucker as the top 2 on their wish lift when they're prepared to offer the 12th highest salary in the nation, jack up their assistant pool and even pay a buyout. These are the ones they liked the most out of who actually would listen to a place about to face sanctions.

Back