What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who will be the OC in 2024?

Show Me The Money GIF

Real positive. Nothing but good talk about CP. Loves the opportunity to work with DH. Praised Prime for the positive energy he brings. Wanted him (DH) so he can recruit the LA area and southern Cali. Can't help but like the guy after listening to him. I will watch San Diego st. out of the corner of my eye now.
When Prime decides what the chapter after CU starts, I wonder if Lewis would be keen on coming back to Boulder?

Something tells me there is more substance to that TCU game than not as far as the prowess of his offense. Especially with how Staub looked in the last game.

When Prime decides what the chapter after CU starts, I wonder if Lewis would be keen on coming back to Boulder?

Something tells me there is more substance to that TCU game than not as far as the prowess of his offense. Especially with how Staub looked in the last game.

The substance of the TCU game was it was CU/Prime's coming out party. They were motivated and energized like no other CU team in decades. It demonstarted that they practiced hard and were good learners. The game featured many glimces of our improved talent. It showed how a healthy CU team w/o a ton of film out there can light it up playing a excited brand of football.

Depending on how well Lewis's SDSU build goes, if Prime departs, I think Lewis would consider coming back to CU. He spoke highly of his short experience here and working with Prime & CO. I'm sure SL will adjust his approach some at SDSU--coaching is a continual learning process. Last year, SL's up-tempo offense was not a fit. However, if CU builds a great deep roster, it could be in the future, although I'm sure SL's offense will evolve. This presumes CU builds a strong roster. Looking back, I think SL and his offense initially looked great on paper/theory, and if fully installed with a deep roster could be a fit the B12.

All things said, it did not seem like BL left on bad terms. The move was addressing CU's current state of affairs and the immediate future of their roster. We needed SL and BOB out, so we can load the Oline and build a running game. Phil Loadholt is an intriguing story and hire. Same with bringing in Warren Sapp. That is about recruiting and developing some impact Dline players moving that defense to a completely new level. In the end, Prime and SL figured out a way to effectuate change without souring careers, which is rare these days. Presuming the Prime experience works, we do have to remember that if/when Prime departs, there will be other coaches on the CU staff wanting to stay. However, I would think SL could be an option.

Personally, I think Prime is here for the medium term. At his heart, he is a winner and competitor, and this is about Prime proving something. I think that he relishes that challange, hence I do not think he departs with his sons. Maybe after a CFP appearance, although once CU starts really winning, if they win conference titles, it will be tough to pull him away. Prime is special in that $$$ is not the only thing, as he is human cash register. Also, he is an old school mentor of youth into men.

CU is a special place. The admin went all-in on football and Prime. The move to the B12 is good for recruiting, distances to play and a decent chance to elevate to the top of the conference. In these college football flyover days, CU is situated in the middle of the Country with a beautiful campus supporting football. It could be special.

I don't know what that means.

Austin going to retire and be on the CU staff in some capacity?
I just found it interesting that he’s been watching Tavon Austin highlights, whose college coach was Holgorsen. Felt to me like a “wow could you imagine replicating that system/player in today’s game.”

If there is some behind the scenes info on who our new OC will be, I didn’t see it and thought there was still some speculation that Holgorsen could be in the running.

Back