What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who's your favorite (Nov 8 edition)?

Who would you pick?

• Kasey Dunn (OK St OC)

• Justin Fuente (ex VA Tech HC)

• Jeff Grimes (Baylor OC)

• Alex Grinch (USC DC)

• Tom Herman (ex Texas HC)

• Bronco Mendenhall (ex Virginia HC)

• Gary Patterson (ex TCU HC)

• Mike Sanford (CU Interim HC)

• Troy Taylor (Sacramento St HC)

• Ryan Walters (Illinois DC)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am very concerned that CU will mandate keeping Sanford on as OC/QB since I believe he's owed around $1.5M and he's well-liked inside Dal Ward (just won't be getting the HC job).

If that is true, then my preference for HC shifts hard to someone who brings an offensive system.

I am very concerned that CU will mandate keeping Sanford on as OC/QB since I believe he's owed around $1.5M and he's well-liked inside Dal Ward (just won't be getting the HC job).

If that is true, then my preference for HC shifts hard to someone who brings an offensive system.
Grimes (or Herman) or bust in that scenario, IMO.

He should have never been hired as our OC in the first place. Obviously. FFS (if true).

He has an offset and must be a casualty of this transition. The dude is an abject disaster.

Nothing like spending $13m to get rid of Dorrell and Wilson only to turn around and saddle the new HC with a $750k/year OC who ****ing sucks
But that would go against the standard that RG has set in the AD under his jurisdiction. He forces coaches on people. Jim Leavitt, Hagan and Chev, Chev again, Summers, it's what he does. History indicates that Sanford (and probably Hagan even though he's bad) will be required to be retained. Hope I'm wrong.

Part of me wants to see this happen. Let's get full-on dysfunction, no partial credit here.

I think coach Sanford will fit in very well as an offensive analyst — Bama style— for the new hc

Oh, and i guess if we are going to pretend and limit ourselves to this list, I’d go:

herman
grimes
bronco
walters

but i have it on good authority (it came to me in a dream) that the REAL list is prime, EB, tosh, and the pirate.

Bumping this since we’re getting down to the wire.

Who do I want? Herman
Who do I predict? Grinch

Happy: Herman, Mendenhall, Mullen
OK with: Grimes, Longo, Golesh
Grab the mother****ing pitchforks: anyone we haven’t extensively talked about on the boards.

Mr. T? Is that you?
mr t 80s GIF

Blind resume.

12 years as a FBS HC
5 at G5, 7th in progress at P5
81-55 record (46-40 at P5)
9/12 seasons bowl eligible (4-6 this year, so assuming not)
1 NY6 bowl (in Covid season of 2020)
Recruiting ranks at P5 level: 55, 52, 55, 46, 46, 59, 39
No previous P5 experience prior to current job

Would you hire this guy at CU?

I would and I'd call it a home run. But he doesn't seem to come close to the standard most CU fans are expressing.

Blind resume.

12 years as a FBS HC
5 at G5, 7th in progress at P5
81-55 record (46-40 at P5)
9/12 seasons bowl eligible (4-6 this year, so assuming not)
1 NY6 bowl (in Covid season of 2020)
Recruiting ranks at P5 level: 55, 52, 55, 46, 46, 59, 39
No previous P5 experience prior to current job

Would you hire this guy at CU?

I would and I'd call it a home run. But he doesn't seem to come close to the standard most CU fans are expressing.
It doesn't because some CU fans are leery of the bubble of success at BYU. Winning at BYU is not like winning at a "regular" P5 school (and mind you much of that winning was done in the Mtn. Weenie Div.). Once leaving the cozy confines of the G5, double digit wins in a season were rare. The dude does know the Las Vegas Bowl though, I'll give him that.

He was a sub .500 HC at UVA. I think that is the reason no one else is targeting him as HC. I have seen nothing on him relative to anyother HC search. Maybe it is out there, but only CU seems to be chasing, sort of like KD.

You see Herman, Grimes et al. everywhere, but Bronco is only showing up on CU's radar. Why?

Last edited:
It doesn't because some CU fans are leery of the bubble of success at BYU. Winning at BYU is not like winning at a "regular" P5 school (and mind you much of that winning was done in the Mtn. Weenie Div.). Once leaving the cozy confines of the G5, double digit wins in a season were rare. The dude does know the Las Vegas Bowl though, I'll give him that.
MWC much better than MAC.

Back