What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wyoming Lookalike & Game thread - MBB (Sunday, 11/24, 6:00 PM MT, ESPN3)

I would have taken the over going away. Good thing I couldn't find the game on bovada.

Play terrible on offense for a half, but elite defense (and WYO being bad) keeps us tied at half. Then we just turn it on and crush them the rest o f the way. Encouraging.

Should have come out like that though-wed have beaten them by 30 points if we had.

I love winning a game like this early in the season. How better to cement Tad's message than to play an abysmal half of offense, only score 15 points, and you're still able to go into the locker room tied because of great defense?

CU also played elite defense in the 2nd half, only giving up 26 points.

Tad had a good point. When the guys come
out in the court at a neutral site with a sparse crowd there is very little energy. He said the players have to create their own energy.

Thanks to some absolutely putrid OOC scheduling, Clempson's RPI is at 108. Wins against Detroit Mercy, Presbyterian, Colgate, and Alabama A&M. TCU would have been a much better opponent.

Can't lose to the Tigers.

Too bad then. (I looked at the play by play in live stats, and looks like the horny frogs led by 15 in the 4th quarter, then managed to go scoreless the last ~7-1/2 to 8 minutes or so of regulation to get into an overtime situation.)

A win is a win.

Now please never schedule Wyoming again.
If I could trust Wyoming from season to season to be a solid SOS opponent, I’d be more than open to what is historically our best rivalry being an annual thing. More compelling to me than playing CSU, actually. I think playing a team that circles you and plays a style that frustrates the hell out of you, and has a great home court advantage has a valuable spot on our OOC schedule — as long as losing to them isn’t a bubble buster.

A lot of the reasons people have for not wanting to play them are the same reasons I have for wanting to play them. These are the types of measuring stick opponents that make your program better.

If I could trust Wyoming from season to season to be a solid SOS opponent, I’d be more than open to what is historically our best rivalry being an annual thing. More compelling to me than playing CSU, actually. I think playing a team that circles you and plays a style that frustrates the hell out of you, and has a great home court advantage has a valuable spot on our OOC schedule — as long as losing to them isn’t a bubble buster.

A lot of the reasons people have for not wanting to play them are the same reasons I have for wanting to play them. These are the types of measuring stick opponents that make your program better.

Yes, but I have to watch the games. And as much as I love basketball, watching Wyoming play is pulling teeth for 40 minutes. At least Virginia is REALLY GOOD at certain things while being boring. Wyoming is just boring.

Yes, but I have to watch the games. And as much as I love basketball, watching Wyoming play is pulling teeth for 40 minutes. At least Virginia is REALLY GOOD at certain things while being boring. Wyoming is just boring.

Yeah. I don't pay much attention to the Cowboys except when we play them. When I tuned in last night and saw they had a new coach, I was hopeful that their game had changed. Then I saw them position themselves during CU free throws. mother****er!

LOL...not wanting to play Wyoming? Like Nik said, I'd prefer them than csu and they would be more of a measuring stick type of game than csu.

If they are worthy, we should play them! I don't want CU to be known as the school that is afraid to play certain teams.

Back