What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Your favorite all-time Buff player

some great names in this thread:

just riffing....
my first fave Buff was Tony Reed
Mark Hatcher (Mac's first option QB)
Donnie Boyce (shout out to the Vandiver/Jay Humphries post)
I used to like to check Lamont Warren's Sunday Colt stats because he had to go the NFL to get snaps at RB. he had a 1,000 yard season at the highest level.
JJ Billingsley
Dan Graham (everybody in the stadium knows where the ball is going on 3rd and long, doesn't matter....move the chains).
Bobby Purify
Kanavis
Ron Monteilh against K State!

Last edited:
Cliff Branch, even though I've only seen his highlights. He was the nicest most generous sports celeb I've ever met. I will never forget my brief interaction with him.
This is my favorite all time Buff. Used to watch him practice when we lived in married student housing while my dad was in law school. He signed a practice ball and tossed it over the fence to me in 1971. Became a Raiders fan because of him.

If we’re talking “connecting with a player”, when I was a freshman, I was dating a girl in my dorm for about two weeks but stayed “floor friends” after we stopped. About a month after we stopped, Kordell Stewart started dating her (kinda interesting in retrospect) so would hang out in her room, so everyone on our floor would be hanging.*

* two years later, a girl I had been seeing ended up dating Steve Rosga.
Hahaha, similar situation happened to me, but with Brandon Drumm and she dated him before and after (and probably while we were going out.)

Way too many to choose. I can say that being a poor kid living in Lafayette in the 80’s 90’s, and then attending CU in the early 2000’s, really spoiled me.

I knew Al’s wife’s sister. He is such a rad guy. Also, got to run out of the tunnel on to the field in middle school. Met, Hagen, Bienemy, JJ Flanagan, Coach Mac, etc…. It’s a day I’ll never forget.

Lived in the same dorm as JJ Billingsley, who played (started?) as a true freshman and he'd always humor me when I'd bump into him on campus and offer up some thought on the upcoming opponent... Dude was a good player, wonder if he could have had a better career if he could have stayed healthy.

Lived in the same dorm as JJ Billingsley, who played (started?) as a true freshman and he'd always humor me when I'd bump into him on campus and offer up some thought on the upcoming opponent... Dude was a good player, wonder if he could have had a better career if he could have stayed healthy.
Dude will always be a legend for taking a piss in a water bottle on the sideline while his teammates held towels around him.

I’ll add two more that I haven’t seen mentioned. Always had a soft spot for Mike Moschetti. Dude just played with a lot of heart. The other is Joel Klatt. Not so much for how he played, but because I got to spend a few minutes with him at a Big12 preseason media day, and he was generous with his time and told me some great stories.

Back