What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'09 CO TE DaVaughn Thornton (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '09 CO TE DaVaughn Thornton (Committed to Colorado - 01/18/09)

Nebraska fan must still be pissed that we robbed Givens, Rippy and Mohler from their coop last year. Oh and the fact that since Hawk has been here, NU has had to settle for CU's least priority when it comes to Colorado recruits. Hell, they showed interest in guys like Ryan Miller, Jon Major and Nick Kasa, but the problem was these guys showed not much interest in the fuskers. Must have thought as NU as a great team that has turned to ****, and CU as a team that is coming up.

Way to go huskers! :thumbsup::lol:

Last edited:

These fuskers never cease to amaze me. Delusional to the very end.

He just complimented/gave props to our program. Why are you talking ****? He is being a classy fan, and has been so while on these boards. You are being a total dip**** by talking **** when he's giving our program props.

One thing I will never like about SOME fellow CU fans is that a lot of them talk SO much **** when they know nothing about the program, and they act classless. I was so ashamed four years ago when we were throwing **** on our own players and recruits during the NU game. I'm not a FAN of evilbleak...but I'm definitely not a fan of you or other supposed "CU fans" that talk unwarranted ****. SHUT THE **** UP and learn how to be a real football fan.

Dymeduke gets it. It was a veiled shot at the dipsticks around here that think the world is ending if you take your 4th choice or whatever. I posted some time ago that I don't believe in 1st, 2nd, 3rd. I believe in players in pools, basically judged equally and you take who commits.

I don't do cheapshots, unless it is called for.

I do call BS when I hear it and if someone makes some dorky statement about the O-Line coach leaving a "program on the rise" for one "in decline", I will ask for specifics(see calling BS).

If that's an A-Hole, then that is me.

I won't take it personally, the way you tend to attack your own around here.

Dymeduke gets it. It was a veiled shot at the dipsticks around here that think the world is ending if you take your 4th choice or whatever. I posted some time ago that I don't believe in 1st, 2nd, 3rd. I believe in players in pools, basically judged equally and you take who commits.

I do call BS when I hear it and if someone makes some dorky statement about the O-Line coach leaving a "program on the rise" for one "in decline", I will ask for specifics(see calling BS).

Because these types of things never happen at fuskerpedia. :huh:

get off your high horse fusker. Your fans are no better than any other programs.

Attempted spin? Pathetic. :haha:

Let's keep it on topic. If you still want to settle this then go open a thread in the smack room.

Thanks.

Thornton and Grossnickle's coach has got to be one happy guy when he gets the news he finally got some players to his alma mater

He reminds me a lot of Kory Sperry. Good size and very athletic and a solid Basketball player too:thumbsup:

He's definitely a project, but there have been bball players who've successfully converted to TE (Gates, San Diego, for one). Should be interesting to see how he develops the next couple of years.

It's also possible that the staff is looking for a bigger target in the slot, ala Coffman.

Little thing to remember, Klop was 6'5" 195lbs when we were recruiting him, he showed up at 6'5" 205lbs. Seems like he did okay. I hope that DeVaughn Thornton can follow in Klops footsteps (all the way to the NFL would be fine with me.)

He's definitely a project, but there have been bball players who've successfully converted to TE (Gates, San Diego, for one). Should be interesting to see how he develops the next couple of years.

It's also possible that the staff is looking for a bigger target in the slot, ala Coffman.

tony gonzalez was a MBB at Cal Berkley before taking up residence in KC as TE

Little thing to remember, Klop was 6'5" 195lbs when we were recruiting him, he showed up at 6'5" 205lbs. Seems like he did okay. I hope that DeVaughn Thornton can follow in Klops footsteps (all the way to the NFL would be fine with me.)

He's bigger at this stage, and faster than Klop ever was. Loved Joe but Thornton is the better athlete: he just needs to add to his football skills. I think that'll happen.

He's bigger at this stage, and faster than Klop ever was. Loved Joe but Thornton is the better athlete: he just needs to add to his football skills. I think that'll happen.

My point exactly, he is a guy who concentrated on BB until last year. He may not be an immediate contributor but the sky is the limit with kids like this.:thumbsup:

tony gonzalez was a MBB at Cal Berkley before taking up residence in KC as TE

tony played football and basketball at cal. cal hoops was the big reason CU lost him to cal in the recruiting wars

Re: New Recruit TE D. Thornton

scout has him giving his verbal on the 18th of this month(linky)...somethings wacky. I can't read the rivals article so I don't know whats up

Well since it seems like everyone alreasy knows about this, I beg forgiveness and ask for mercy from the allbuffs posting gods. :bowdown:

no biggie man, I just don't get why rivals is suddenly slower than scout...usually it is the other way around

no biggie man, I just don't get why rivals is suddenly slower than scout...usually it is the other way around

I don't know but I'm getting sick of both sites. I was clicking on and off both all day looking for Moten news yesterday. Drove me to the drink. :drink:

Rivals reported his commit when it happened a couple weeks ago. Adam did an article today about Thornton just to give Buffs fans an idea of what kind of player is coming to Boulder.

He's been listed on Rivals since he committed. It's just an article about him with a little background.

EDIT: oops. I'm just regurgitating what Boulder said.

Back