What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

105th? Wow

Team Off. RetDef. RetNotesPredicted RecordBowl
Wash.89If they don't win the conference something has gone horribly wrong.11W 1 LYes, will play in the final four
Ore.77VERY EASY SCHEDULE. Top 20 offense and defense this year.10W 2LYes
Stan.86Lost a lot from a good D, expect regression. Offense should be better this year, but not enough to make up for the D.7W 5LYes
CAL108Cal defense was so bad, but expect this team to improve even if the record doesn't reflect it3W 9LNo
Ore. State.78Lots of bad returning starters but they get some non con wins.4W 8LNo
Wash. State46Defense was bad and will remain so, offense lost all their best players.3W 9LNo
UCLA57Coach Kelly has an immediate impact. After a slow start, UCLA will beat USC which punches their ticket to the PAC 12 title game where they are destroyed.8W 5L5th loss in PAC 12 title game. Yes bowl
Utah96Utah is going to struggle more than most think. Their QB is average at best and their defense is now a liability.7W 5LYes
Buffs57Colorado will surprise a team or two this year, but we won't see a team that is re-risen.7W 5LYes
USC77Good returning numbers, but no Darnold will impact them. Expect them to lose at least two games they shouldn't and all of the loses they should7W 5LYes
Zona79Defense was so awful and even though many return, I don't expect it to be better. Offense killed CU but people have started to figure out their young superstar.7W 5LYes
ASU85Their defense was bad and is getting worse, their offense will be solid3W 9LNo
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Where'd you find that? I agree on us-but I've got several disagreements with that-I've got UA and Utah at 8 wins. ASU could be an epic train wreck-I could see a scenario where they go 2-10. Oregon State isn't going to be any better than 2-10......I'm not sure they win a game in league play, and they open up at Ohio State. Wazzu could make a bowl, but they are not going to be in the upper half of the north division. Cal is going bowling.

Orlando based local writers are totally who I listen to about College Football in early June.

in fairness, we do have a number orf really good new craft breweries popping up around town. They pretty much mail it in from the bar until they can starrt dry humping they upper echelon of the SEC.

The national media and the big gambling houses were all slow on the demise of the Buffs and they will continue to be slow on the return. It took three years after the Buffs really had no business being near the top 25 before people stopped putting the Buffs in there.....Win again this year and things will change.

That being said, I am going to have to find a place that will let me put 1k on the over.
Anyone able to recommend a good site to use to place some money? I’ve never gotten into before but have a strong “why not” feeling this year.

Team Off. RetDef. RetNotesPredicted RecordBowl
Wash.89If they don't win the conference something has gone horribly wrong.11W 1 LYes, will play in the final four
Ore.77VERY EASY SCHEDULE. Top 20 offense and defense this year.10W 2LYes
Stan.86Lost a lot from a good D, expect regression. Offense should be better this year, but not enough to make up for the D.7W 5LYes
CAL108Cal defense was so bad, but expect this team to improve even if the record doesn't reflect it3W 9LNo
Ore. State.78Lots of bad returning starters but they get some non con wins.4W 8LNo
Wash. State46Defense was bad and will remain so, offense lost all their best players.3W 9LNo
UCLA57Coach Kelly has an immediate impact. After a slow start, UCLA will beat USC which punches their ticket to the PAC 12 title game where they are destroyed.8W 5L5th loss in PAC 12 title game. Yes bowl
Utah96Utah is going to struggle more than most think. Their QB is average at best and their defense is now a liability.7W 5LYes
Buffs57Colorado will surprise a team or two this year, but we won't see a team that is re-risen.7W 5LYes
USC77Good returning numbers, but no Darnold will impact them. Expect them to lose at least two games they shouldn't and all of the loses they should7W 5LYes
Zona79Defense was so awful and even though many return, I don't expect it to be better. Offense killed CU but people have started to figure out their young superstar.7W 5LYes
ASU85Their defense was bad and is getting worse, their offense will be solid3W 9LNo
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Did you watch a single Cal game besides the one against CU?

Did you watch a single Cal game besides the one against CU?

I saw them play UNC (A win that was close against a horrible team), Weber State (ugly win at home, if it had been a road game Cal would have lost), Oregon (Straight up beat down), USC (Ugly home loss to a USC team that was completely disinterested), Washington (Over before the half), CU (Over at halftime) and Oregon State (Really a home game and OSU was that close, another home win that would have been a loss on the road). I also saw Cal put up a good fight at UCLA. I also saw parts of many of their other games.

Last year the schedule really favored Cal until the last two games and shockingly they lost those last two games while trying to become bowl eligible. This year the schedule really hurts Cal early and by the time it is more favorable I expect the team to be in a funk and to have had the typical dissipating fan support (I don't expect many people to be at Cal's last two home games).

Bottom line for Cal is that the defense is known to have mental lapses and to be gashed by teams with play makers. That will not change. Cal's offense will be very good, but when they face a defense with experience or talent they will fall behind, become predictable and that will make it easier on the defenses.

I saw them play UNC (A win that was close against a horrible team), Weber State (ugly win at home, if it had been a road game Cal would have lost), Oregon (Straight up beat down), USC (Ugly home loss to a USC team that was completely disinterested), Washington (Over before the half), CU (Over at halftime) and Oregon State (Really a home game and OSU was that close, another home win that would have been a loss on the road). I also saw Cal put up a good fight at UCLA. I also saw parts of many of their other games.

Last year the schedule really favored Cal until the last two games and shockingly they lost those last two games while trying to become bowl eligible. This year the schedule really hurts Cal early and by the time it is more favorable I expect the team to be in a funk and to have had the typical dissipating fan support (I don't expect many people to be at Cal's last two home games).

Bottom line for Cal is that the defense is known to have mental lapses and to be gashed by teams with play makers. That will not change. Cal's offense will be very good, but when they face a defense with experience or talent they will fall behind, become predictable and that will make it easier on the defenses.
My point was to your comment that the Cal defense was SO bad. They weren't. They had been, the year prior, but improved substantially. Great? No, but that defense kept them in games as much or moreso than their offense last year. A couple of bad games by the D, but mostly a solid showing throughout the year.

Who's making the trip in December? Some really cheap SW flights out there right now!

I told my wife in 2016, if the Buffs do make the Vegas bowl, I was going. The dates of the Alamo Bowl conflicted with family being in town. I was pissed at the time, but honestly, I would have been more pissed taking the time and money to have made that trip knowing what happened on the field.

I told my wife in 2016, if the Buffs do make the Vegas bowl, I was going. The dates of the Alamo Bowl conflicted with family being in town. I was pissed at the time, but honestly, I would have been more pissed taking the time and money to have made that trip knowing what happened on the field.
It was pretty miserable. On the plus side though, San Antonio is always a great town to visit. Margaritas help.

Back