What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 WA SF Tre'Shaun Fletcher (Signed to Colorado)

It's interesting looking at the ratings for this class as a whole. Scout's grade for Fletcher is the only top-100 rating, but looking at the other sites, ESPN rates Thomas the highest, 247 gives both Hopkins and Thomas the edge over Fletcher, and Rivals is highest on Hopkins. There really is no consensus between the sites on these three, though all are fairly well-regarded across the board. Draw what conclusions you will from it, but I like to think that means we have three potential top-100 talents coming next year!

That is like CSU math.

That is like CSU math.
Not when it works in our favor. Besides, Rams fans would run out of fingers and toes well before 91, so they'd never figure that out.

OK, so maybe the last sentence was a little gold-tinted, but I really do think it's interesting that there is zero consensus between the three. This isn't like last year, where it was pretty clear they were ranked Scott-XJ-Gordon-everyone else.

Mr. Fletcher has jumped in rating big time over at ESPN and is now in their top 100 at 78th in the country!
ESPN rating: 3*-77 grade; #28 SF
To:
ESPN rating: 4*-84 grade; #15 SF

Congrats Mr. Fletcher! and wow, #rolltad

That's fantastic. Our recruits are progressing their senior seasons. Thomas also moved way up in the ratings. And Hopkins hasn't been re-rated yet. He's having a monster senior year filling up the stat sheet, so I expect that he'll be moving up too.

Congrats to Tre'Shaun!

With his bump, ESPN ranks us as the #28 best class in the nation. Not bad for a so-called transition class.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/classrankings

I love seeing 7 Pac-12 programs in the Top 40, too. I'm expecting USC to drop if/when Yancy-Harris parts ways with them, but still a solid year for conference recruiting. UCLA is likely to make a huge jump in the spring as they close on a couple guys after they get hit with early draft entrees.

Congrats Tre'Shaun and kudos to Tad for another underrated find.

Now, hopefully Hopkins gets the bump nik mentioned. I'm ready to start talking about the 4 top 100 (6 top 150) recruits we've signed the last two years!

New video I came across of a dunk [video=youtube;LPSwbRqtc7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPSwbRqtc7k[/video]

New composite grade from 247 Sports: 4-Stars, 93 rating, #23 SF and #114 player in the country.

He's now has a 4-Star rating from every site except for Rivals and they haven't come out with their final rankings yet so a fourth star could still be coming.

New composite grade from 247 Sports: 4-Stars, 93 rating, #23 SF and #114 player in the country.

The 247 composite score is made up of all of the services, not just theirs. Sadly, 247sports themselves still has him as a 3*.

I think Scout does the best job of evaluating the basketball talent in the West. Love where they have him rated (4*; #91 overall).

As impressive as those 29 points are, the fact he shot 10 of 14 from the floor is what really stands out to me.

I think Scout does the best job of evaluating talent in the West.

Fify:thumbsup:

Neither Rivals nor ESPN has the West coast presence of Scout in this regard...

Scout is not perfect, but they specialize in the West it seems. Or rather don't neglect it...

Fletcher and Lincoln HS lost to Lakeside HS, then beat Franklin HS

Thanks slider. It looks like Fletcher had 14 and 10 against Lakeside, then finished his HS career with a huge 31 point, 10 board, 4 assist, 2 block effort in the 3rd place game. That third place finish was the highest for a Tacoma area school in the last 11 years, according to Lincoln's coach, so they had a really impressive season.

I wonder if he can start next year. He sounds like our best prospect. If not, I think he will definitely contribute off the bench. How many lefty players is Boyle recruiting? It seems like we have way more than most teams!

Back