What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Signed to Arizona State)

Ha a Vickers remake with Ballage would be fantastic.

vickers.gif

Kalen Ballage has a unique chance to really put a stamp on the program. Very, very few players can say that. It takes a rare combination of talent, opportunity, and support that you almost never see these days. He's an incredible talent. There is, finally, incredible opportunity at CU for all of its players. Then, when you talk about being a running back, that point is double. We've got some good guys in the fold, but it is obvious that the opportunity at running back is endless. The facilities are going to be on par with anything out there. Plus, these facilities will be in Boulder, Colorado and Folsom field. They will be unique and unlike anything else in the damn World.

Most importantly, we've got the best coaching staff in decades. These guys not only know the game of football, they are also coaches who will do everything they can to ensure their players succeed as men. Our head coach knows talent, and he's pulled out all the stops to convince Ballage this is the right place for him. That has got to tell you something. Not to mention, when Coach Mac gets talent into his program, he makes sure it produces to its utmost. Ask Glen Ihenacho of the Broncos. Don't mind my spelling. If you play sports, that's really what you want out of your coach. To know he will make you the best you can be and put you in a position to prove it to the world.

Kalen Ballage can be football's Chauncey Billups. Chauncey has his own mural in Coors Events Center. It's been 15 years since Chauncey was last on the court in a CU uniform. When his name is mentioned, it's in hushed and revered tones. That's something special. I think Kalen can be a special player wherever he goes. He's a smart kid and has great parents (source: (a) his family lives in Colorado; and (b) apparently his mom wants him to come to CU - obviously brilliant folks). That said, I'm convinced that Kalen can be great here, and in a way that can't be accomplished in the desert or the claustrophobic smog of LA. We've got a great young QB and a young offensive line that's now recovered from last year's rash of injuries and early defections. We got two great classes of wide receivers to keep defenses honest to go with a proven top flight WR. Kalen will be a star for us, and fast.

Hope he comes here and shows it.

Last edited:
Kalen Ballage has a unique chance to really put a stamp on the program. Very, very few players can say that. It takes a rare combination of talent, opportunity, and support that you almost never see these days. He's an incredible talent. There is, finally, incredible opportunity at CU for all of its players. Then, when you talk about being a running back, that point is double. We've got some good guys in the fold, but it is obvious that the opportunity at running back is endless. The facilities are going to be on par with anything out there. Plus, these facilities will be in Boulder, Colorado and Folsom field. They will be unique and unlike anything else in the damn World.

Most importantly, we've got the best coaching staff in decades. These guys not only know the game of football, they are also coaches who will do everything they can to ensure their players succeed as men. Our head coach knows talent, and he's pulled out all the stops to convince Ballage this is the right place for him. That has got to tell you something. Not to mention, when Coach Mac gets talent into his program, he makes sure it produces to its utmost. Ask Glen Ihenacho of the Broncos. Don't mind my spelling. If you play sports, that's really what you want out of your coach. To know he will make you the best you can be and put you in a position to prove it to the world.

Kalen Ballage can be football's Chauncey Billups. Chauncey has his own mural in Coors Events Center. It's been 15 years since Chauncey was last on the court in a CU uniform. When his name is mentioned, it's in hushed and revered tones. That's something special. I think Kalen can be a special player wherever he goes. He's a smart kid and has great parents (source: (a) his family lives in Colorado; and (b) apparently his mom wants him to come to CU - obviously brilliant folks). That said, I'm convinced that Kalen can be great here, and in a way that can't be accomplished in the desert or the claustrophobic smog of LA. We've got a great young QB and a young offensive line that's now recovered from last year's rash of injuries and early defections. We got two great classes of wide receivers to keep defenses honest to go with a proven top flight WR. Kalen will be a star for us, and fast.

Hope he comes here and shows it.

It's posts like that that make me glad I'm in your signature.

Snow's right. Listen to him.

I can't express how excited I would be to wrap this class up with Kalen. His signing would bring a lot of alienated fans back into the fold and a ton of excitement in the state back to CU Football. Its a rare opportunity to have that much influence. Be a Buff, Kalen, and be the bouy that finally lifts this ship.

Yeah. It's unfortunate what went on with the OL last year. Bakhtiari unexpectedly turned pro and started for Green Bay. Irwin went down with that non-football injury. That was 2 projected starters out and a 3rd who transferred to his dad's alma mater (and then promptly got arrested - good riddance). The good news is that Irwin will be back at 100% with 3 years to play and also how much experience other guys got this year while the coaches were still able to redshirt the entire freshman OL class to ensure their optimum development over the next 4 years.

You know what ASU doesn't have??

200px-Rashaan_Salaam-Heisman_whitebg.JPG

And yes, strangely enough, the img I randomly grabbed from the interwebs happens to be Salaam's

Last edited:

Cats and dogs living with each other... but yeah, Snow's right listen to him.

Ten minutes (or 24 hours and ten minutes?) from knowing how fast the improvement comes to CU football, and whether one of Colorado's best is key in turning that around. Go Buffs!

Re: '14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Verbal to Arizona State)

It will be great for his friends and family watch him play 6+ games a year with a short drive.

Cats and dogs living with each other... but yeah, Snow's right listen to him.

Ten minutes (or 24 hours and ten minutes?) from knowing how fast the improvement comes to CU football, and whether one of Colorado's best is key in turning that around. Go Buffs!

You are off by an hour lol

'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Verbal to Arizona State)

I thought it got delayed

You know what ASU doesn't have??

200px-Rashaan_Salaam-Heisman_whitebg.JPG

And yes, strangely enough, the img I randomly grabbed from the interwebs happens to be Salaam's

Would have been 2 RBs from CU with Heismans in the modern era if Chris Brown hadn't missed the last 2 1/2 games of his season with injury. He was going to go into rare territory of way over 2,000 yards that year for a Top 15 team.

Would have been 2 RBs from CU with Heismans in the modern era if Chris Brown hadn't missed the last 2 1/2 games of his season with injury. He was going to go into rare territory of way over 2,000 yards that year for a Top 15 team.
Don't remind me. I was so pissed. And he did that with absolutely no passing game to speak of. Brown would have killed to have Sefo on the field.

I don't know where this young man will end up, but I wish him the best.

However, I do know this -- it would be very special seeing him run onto Folsom field behind Ralphie.

Snow, good comparison to Chauncey.

Always love it when an instate kid comes to CU and does well. Fingers crossed!!

Ballage would be an instant contributor and potentially a starter at one of the weakest areas on the team.

And at a position where a player of his caliber could really make the difference between wins and losses right away. With the talent this staff has brought in on the offense in the past couple of classes, I could easily see us making a significant jump in the conference and sooner than later if you insert a guy with Kalen's skillset. He's been a top priority for us for quite some time and for very good reason. From all the reports I've heard, he is not a guy who is afraid to put in the hard work it takes to be successful; in fact he seems to thrive on rising to the challenge and proving the nay sayers wrong. The character of the Buffs is already in him, it just makes too much sense.

We still expecting an answer in an hour?

Last I heard was:

1. Falcon HS was closed due to weather today so they are having the signing ceremony tomorrow at the same time
2. Mixed messages on whether Kalen will make his decision public tonight or wait until tomorrow

This is an important point and an opportunity that isn't presented to very many players. Fans love the hometown hero in a special way. I hope Kalen gets to experience that joy with his family, his friends and his hometown.

Dammit! Well, OK I guess it's better to have more time to highlight the Buffs highlight recruit! I can already see his jerseys in the stands next year!!

Doubt there is this kind of love coming from any of the other "finalists" sites. Be the Man Kalen.

As others have said, Kalen will be special where ever he ends up. But I know what it is like to be on campus with a team that is building success and changing perceptions. Going to the first bowl game after a 1-10 season and losing to Drake. Watching a CU team continue to grow and start playing in the national spotlight. Playing significant games week in and week out. Playing for conference championships year in and year out. Being mentioned in the MNC discussion year in and year out. Losing a MNC and winning and MNC. Watching players do things that most college players only dream of doing. Enjoying the fall under the Flatirons with a sea of black and gold in the stands going crazy. Having Gameday come to Boulder to pump a huge game. Experience moments that still send goosebumps up my spine like the "Things Have Changed" win over a hated rival. Dialing in to ESPN every week to see CU highlights replayed time and again.

Every change in a program like I witnessed at CU in 1985 took a few special guys committing to a dream and a vision for the future. Believing that they could be part of something special. Believing that they could be part of something bigger. Kalen now has that chance at CU if he chooses to sign with the Buffs. I hope that the draw of doing something, being a part of something big and potentially having an impact on a new era of success and glory at CU is enough to draw Kalen to Boulder.

I will pull for Kalen to be successful no matter where he goes to play football. But, come to Boulder Kalen. Be a Buff and be the spark that lights the flames of change Colorado Football.

To have an in-state guy, with this much upside, join the Buff family at this point in time, has the potential to be a seminal event in the Buff story.

Way back in the day, a handful of local guys listened to the first Coach Mac and they stayed home. They were the foundation of an epic run of greatness. Without them, we wouldn't speak of those glory days, all these years later. They were the spark that lit the fire.

A guy like Ballage has the opportunity to be that important to this program. In his home state. In front of his family and friends. That's forever. That's not a 4 year thing. It is a forever thing.

Ask Tad Boyle if he could do it all over again what choice he would have made.

I believe this man is considering the Buffs because he understands what it means and what it can represent. This is not a decision to be made lightly.

GO BUFFS!

Mods can prune this post if necessary, but I watched this video again this morning and it proved two things to me:
1) We have the preeminent video team in the country. They make professional videos that highlight our student athletes like no one else (yeah, that's CU alum, Chris Fowler doing the narration).
2) It reinforced the Family, that is CU Football.

[video=vimeo;80332277]http://vimeo.com/80332277[/video]

The video illustrates something else as well, that we have one of the most beautiful campuses in the world. Every time I see this video I am reminded of why I am proud to be a University of Colorado alum.

Back