What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 AZ SG Cameron Satterwhite (Verbal to Loyola)

Asking a verbal commit to reclassify because of an injury is a slippery slope in recruiting. The reason why some kids give a school an early commitment is so they have a little insurance in case they do get hurt. This can't look good in the eyes of recruits as I'm sure some are thinking, don't commit to Colorado and then get hurt, you'll have to figure out something for a year or two before you can go play there.

Maybe we'll find a better player, but I don't know about asking a verbal recruit to reclassify because of injury, especially one that should recover in 8 months. I don't like it.

The scholarship wasn't pulled so it isn't bad for recruiting. The thing about tearing an ACL is yes, he will be healthy in 8-10 months but it takes a whole lot more time to be ready to go on the basketball court. Look at Danillo Gallinari, it took him until the end of this past season and really this summer to get back to the level he was at (I believe he has surgery in January of 2014.

They didn't take away his chance for the scholly, they just told him to come in healthy which means a year later. Not unreasonable.

There is nothing wrong with what the coaching staff did here.

Maybe the staff and fans didn't see anything wrong with this move, but I guarantee you Satterwhite and everyone else in that AZ Power AAU program was like WTF. They won't let you redshirt?

Maybe the staff and fans didn't see anything wrong with this move, but I guarantee you Satterwhite and everyone else in that AZ Power AAU program was like WTF. They won't let you redshirt?
That's a pretty strong assumption based on no actual evidence, don't you think?

Nope. His coach was actually cool with it

Guarantee? Ok then it should be easy to prove. Proceed.

I think they understand this is big boy basketball, no participation trophies.

Over the last couple of years recruiting hasn't been stellar. It's hurt the team last season and may well do so again this season. The '16 class is massive for the men's program with Josh Scott being a senior and perhaps XJ as well. They must get a quality big man and surround him with very talented perimeter players.

I have no idea how much of an impact Satterwhite would have made next season but regardless, Boyle has to start upgrading the talent.

Last year's class was Dom Collier & Tory Miller who were both top 150 recruits & didn't "hurt the team last season." Has recruiting fallen off since? Of course. We have to be dancing in march to get anything better than 3* players.

Last year's class was Dom Collier & Tory Miller who were both top 150 recruits & didn't "hurt the team last season." Has recruiting fallen off since? Of course. We have to be dancing in march to get anything better than 3* players.

No we dont, this isnt football where we have been a joke. 4 and 5* players go to schools that haven't made the dance all the time.

In out own history we signed Scott, Gordon and XJ - all in 2011 the year we made the NIT run we didnt make the dance until March of 2012. A year after we signed Scott and Gordon and a full season after XJ signed. All were rated as 4* by one or more of the services.

Cal didnt make the NCAA's 2 years ago and didnt play in the post season at all last year and in that time they have signed 2 5* and a 4*

Back