What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CO QB Matt Lynch (Verbal to UCLA)

Relying on walk-ons to fill out a QB depth chart sounds like a good plan.

You are right, DEPTH. Lynch is not much different than a TJ Patterson or Ty Gangi I would estimate.

Reaching for an in-state guy that plays against ****ty competition will do us no good. We "lost" out on Austin Hinder. Cyler Miles was no better than Sefo last year IMO. He just had much better talent and didn't throw the picks that drove you batty but he's again off the team for spring for some reason.

I would rather get a QB that can make an impact and Montez appears like a legit Pac 12 starter. Lynch looks like a project at best.

Yeah agree on Miles, he was a stud in high school but look how that is turning out at Washington. Klein is a weird situation because if you go off of how he looked in high school it doesn't seem like he was worth an offer. Didn't K State assume he would switch positions at some point? Looking back he turned out good.

All recruiting can be praised or scrutinized in hindsight. It's funny looking back at some older recruit threads on Allbuffs and seeing the excitement surrounding some commitments that ended up being JAGs.

Digger, the depth at QB is non-existent. Way too many fans placing all their faith in Montez.

Digger, the depth at QB is non-existent. Way too many fans placing all their faith in Montez.

Regardless of what people think of Montez, the team really should be adding a starting caliber QB every class. Doesn't really matter what the depth chart looks like.

Depth at QB doesn't just happen, though. You basically have to recruit one QB a year over a five year period to have the kind of QB depth you'd ideally like to have. We are now in year four of that process.

could CU's current QB start at any other Pac 12 school ? CU depth at QB is non existent...Montez played vs weak comp...typically it is the job of the OC to round up a strong QB every other year.

could CU's current QB start at any other Pac 12 school ? CU depth at QB is non existent...Montez played vs weak comp...typically it is the job of the OC to round up a strong QB every other year.

Sefo would compete to start at Washington, Oregon State and Washington state right now but outside of that no. Montez performed well against high Texas talent as well as just the El Paso talent but he is a wild card as every qb is going to college.

Legacy plays vs far weaker competition and Lynch didn't raise his team to state level like Montez did his team. Watch the tape.

Duff, I won't disagree and I said we need a QB every class if you read my opening sentence. However, I feel like if he is the right fit for the offense we would have taken him. Sign someone that fits. I think we look at our depth compared to where it was with Jordan Webb as starting QB and wondering what we have. We have some ability and depth.

And I believe Liufau could start for Washington, Oregon State, Washington State and Utah.

Legacy plays vs far weaker competition and Lynch didn't raise his team to state level like Montez did his team. Watch the tape.

And I believe Liufau could start for Washington, Oregon State, Washington State and Utah.

This is true. Other than Fairview and traditionally Monarch, their league isn't very good and they got smoked in the first round of the playoffs. A year can make a huge difference for a high school player, though, so I would expect them to be better in 2015 with Lynch's progression. Will be an interesting prospect to watch.

I posted this to the wrong page...Perhaps it takes a couple of years to develop...no biggie for ucla..but a lynch/kemp combo might be. How good is Kemp ?

Lynch will be the lone quarterback in the Bruins' 2016 class. With him now solidly committed, UCLA can turn all its attention toward other position groups.

Lynch's commitment could also make things easier for the Bruins with four-star defensive lineman Carlo Kemp. The Boulder (Colo.) Fairview defensive end is good friends with Lynch, and the quarterback's commitment could help make Kemp's early Bruin lean that much stronger.

Did I miss something?

Why are we discussing Kemp in this thread? Is there some reason people think that Lynch's choice has any impact on what Kemp chooses to do?

Did I miss something?

Why are we discussing Kemp in this thread? Is there some reason people think that Lynch's choice has any impact on what Kemp chooses to do?

Like UCLA boards, they are trying to tie the two together. Kemp will go where he wants. I wish it was here but a lifetime in Boulder is too much for an 18 year old to realize how much he will miss friends and family when he is 30 and they all moved on.

Anyway, move the Kemp talk. Best of luck to Lynch and I assume we will see an equivalent or far greater commit after junior camp. CU isn't going to rush a QB prospect on a year they really need to hit.

Sefo would compete to start at Washington, Oregon State and Washington state right now but outside of that no. Montez performed well against high Texas talent as well as just the El Paso talent but he is a wild card as every qb is going to college.

A lot of ??? on Bercovici at ASU, Sefo could win that job too imo.

Because someone said he and Lynch are friends.

Fair enough. But we may as well get real here. They haven't said they're a package deal. And when you follow recruiting you find that "package deal" almost never ends up coming to pass anyway. But I guess it's a slight bump for UCLA that they have a friend of Kemp's committed who can get in his ear.

Who ever the KSU guy was that found Colin Klein should be in the imaginary Recruiting Hall of Fame.

Who ever the KSU guy was that found Colin Klein should be in the imaginary Recruiting Hall of Fame.

He lucked out with Klein as a QB. He was recruited as WR, ala Jordy Nelson, with the promise they'd let him try out at QB. Not sure he was ever more than a 2*.

How does Lynch compare with Austin Hinder?

He lucked out with Klein as a QB. He was recruited as WR, ala Jordy Nelson, with the promise they'd let him try out at QB. Not sure he was ever more than a 2*.

How does Lynch compare with Austin Hinder?

Hinder had more hype and was higher ranked headed out of high school. He also made a lot less mistakes and had a stronger arm from watching the twos tape. Both have very similar athleticism. I believe Lynch will end up like Hinder, go to a California school to try something different but their football career spent behind 4 and 5 star guys that have played tougher competition and are better from the get go.

ESPN upgraded to a 4*. Showing a lot of respect for UCLA talent evaluation.

Back