What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 MN PG McKinley Wright (Signed to COLORADO)

Great find Hunchback. I like how the interviewer was so hyped about McKinley's decision, Colorado, and the PAC-12.

From my friend who runs a pro-am in Minneapolis when I asked him if he thought Wright was good enough to start as a Freshman:

"Yeah. he's a tough kid, should be a good 4 year player at Colorado. 2nd best pg in the state last year. the best pg is trey Jones ( tyus jones little brother)....
He's choosing between Duke and the Gophers."

I'd actually be surprised if he didn't. When you look at the guards on the roster there isn't a point guard, except for Wright. Sure Dom has played there, but he has shown that he is too slow to be a threat to drive and dish against other PG's and he certainly can't defend the position. Deleon Brown is plenty quick enough, but it just isn't what he does and he certainly doesn't tend to make the right choices. Namon Wright is an unknown for me but from what I am hearing he is definitely a 2. If things go well the starting five will be:

PG M. Wright
SG N. Wright
SG/Wing G. King
PF/Wing D. Schwartz or T Bey
PF/Post T Miller

Second wave would be

PG D Collier
SG D Brown
SG/Wing T Bey or D Schwartz
PF/Wing L Siewert
PF/Post E Battey

Limited minutes would be available for Walton, Nikolic and Strating. Maybe Nikolic and Strating redshirt.

Strating redshirted last year

Siewart will start at 4
First off, its Siewert not Siewart, kid isn't a wart at all. o_O

I keep forgetting that even though he wasn't on scholarship, Strating was practicing with the team...so it counts as a redshirt. I agree, it is possible that Siewert will start at the four, especially on days coach wants to go big, but I listed my starters with the caveat of 'If things go well.' At the end of the day, Schwartz,and Bey are more athletic and so I'm hoping they are good enough to earn the starts, even though I do think Seiwert is going to continue to develop and be much better this year than last. Also hoping that T Miller can finally put things together, stay out of foul trouble and be the monster he has the ability to be. Otherwise it is also possible that Siewert and Battey end up swapping starts in the post.

I see a lot more minutes for the freshmen than most of you guys. It won't surprise me at all if our most effective lineup is King + 4 true freshmen (Wright, Schwartz, Bey and Battey).

I see a lot more minutes for the freshmen than most of you guys. It won't surprise me at all if our most effective lineup is King + 4 true freshmen (Wright, Schwartz, Bey and Battey).

This wouldn't shock me. Would mean that those 4 are good. Like really good.

Back