What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX WR K.D. Nixon (Signed to COLORADO)

This is purely a Belichickian move by Helton: bring in a guy who is a cast-off from one of your rivals, and use him to gain inside knowledge about that opponent's playbook, and figure out a way to use that to beat them the next time you play. Pretty dirty move by USC.
If you mean that Clay thought KD played for Oregon or that he mixed up Colorado and Oregon in his head, then yes, brilliant and dirty move. That’s more of a Clay Helton move. He’s nowhere near Bellachiks universe.

Yes. We have the same opinion on that.

I believe that KD believes that his lack of 2020 production did not improve his draft situation and 1 more year in a different offense will. If he foregoes the draft and returns to USC next spring, you will have been proven correct. I hope you are right. I still doubt that.
2021 will be his final year of eligibility.

If the 85 limit is suspended and you're not a program with financial constraints on scholarship costs, why not make the move to bring in a high character guy who will likely make a few plays for you?

I think the USC calculus is that simple. It's not playing chess while others play checkers. It's having money and a rule against stockpiling talent that was put in place against your interests has now been suspended.

I wonder if Viska is funding his tuition? I wish him well but don't see how he'd get a scholarship at SC
dumbfounded champions league GIF

USC recently lost two very good underclassmen WRs, who declared for the 2021 NFL draft (St. Brown and Vaughns). They do have some good 2021 freshman WRs coming in for next season. Picking up an experienced and decently talented WR on a one-year rental, who knows PAC12 defenses and can add immediate strong depth, makes a lot of sense for USC.

Back