What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX WR K.D. Nixon (Signed to COLORADO)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

2942427.JPG

DeSoto HS (DeSoto, TX)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/K1Nixon

Ht: 5'8"
Wt: 180
40: 4.57 verified

Rivals rating: 4*-5.8rr; #47 WR
Scout rating: 4*; #13 ATH (#191 overall)
ESPN rating: 4*-80 grade; #42 WR
247s rating: 3*-87 grade; #72 WR

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona State, Baylor, Cal, Duke, Houston, Indiana, Iowa State, Kansas, Louisville, Missouri, North Texas, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, Rice, SMU, Tennessee, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Utah, Utah State, UTSA

Last edited by a moderator:
All of them with 4.38 40s?

My thoughts, I wouldn't worry about finding room for this one, Bell and the two others that have already committed. Fear is the one thing our opponents haven't felt in a while when they played us. Take four guys like these, plus the ones that come to camp in a few weeks, add in our current offense with a few drops of the air-raid offense and we have a recipe for fear. Sounds good to me.

Having multiple targets that can score whenever they touch the ball is never a bad thing.

Yeah. That was what I thought. 4 play so it's a good number per year.
4 play per year but if they are all this good they won't wait until Year 4 to play. I don't mind loading up on elite WR talent but having 16-20 WR on scholarship is not a good thing for other positions.

Ideally you would want 2-3 per year. That way about a dozen WR are on schollie.

Four is fine, but currently there are two and one of them is on his second ACL injury. Bell and Nixon would be good gets that make sense for CU.

When they're this good I think you take them all and redshirt a couple. We just won't need more than 1 or 2 in the 2018 class.

Never take only one WR in a class. Always take at least two, ideally three.

The main reason I say four is to achieve some better class balance. We have a bloated junior class with six on the roster currently. Do not expect all six to come back as seniors.

Opportunity for early playing time is available here. Hope we get serious interest from Nixon.

This bio says 4.38 in the 40, but his Hudl page is "Nike verified" at 4.57, even though I think he plays faster than that. His Spring 2016 Hudl film has him lining up at RB in the Shotgun 2 RB set and taking some hand offs off the edge (naturally, going for 6 each time). I could see him being a Donovan Lee type player for us, lining up all over the field.

Looks like a very legit threat returning KOs, speed is obvious and he hits the seams well. Has the kind of stop and start ability that would make him dangerous on PRs as well.

He could turn our return game from a negative to a positive quickly.

So Scout just predicted where each of their top 300 would go. Perry and Bolden were on there as heavily considering us, but:

KD Nixon committed to Tennessee in the spring, but decommitted and put himself back on the recruiting market. An offer could change things, but Colorado has already put an offer on the table and have commit from his friend and teammate Laviska Shenault Jr..

Trending: Colorado

So Scout just predicted where each of their top 300 would go. Perry and Bolden were on there as heavily considering us, but:

KD Nixon committed to Tennessee in the spring, but decommitted and put himself back on the recruiting market. An offer could change things, but Colorado has already put an offer on the table and have commit from his friend and teammate Laviska Shenault Jr..

Trending: Colorado

Montez/Noyer/Lytle would be doing backflips. That WR haul would be insane.

Back