What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

'18 JC RB Rakeem Boyd (Verbal to Arkansas)

We will have to wait until February, or even later here. Would have helped tremendously if he only had the option to sign tomorrow.

This would be huge. He could eat the bulk of the carries while deploying our new weapons at RB acquired from TX. Is Beau still viewed as a potential running back? I thought he was moved to a special teams/LB role.
AFAIK, Bish is still at RB.

He's exceptional on special teams.

As a RB, he's very good at picking up blitzes, makes positive yards when he carries the ball and has reliable hands. However, I think it would be a shock to us all if he ever has a 1,000 yard season here.

And while I believe he could make the NFL as a LB, I've accepted the fact that his heart is at RB and that he'll be a solid, reliable piece in his role there.

He posted a tweet about CU again today. This is a huge want for me. Dude would make an immediate impact. Don't know much about his JUCO career, but was highly regarded coming out of high school.

He posted a tweet about CU again today. This is a huge want for me. Dude would make an immediate impact. Don't know much about his JUCO career, but was highly regarded coming out of high school.
192 carries for 1211 yards and 14 TDs this season for Independence.

I like this kid. Looks quick to the hole. His OL opened huge holes, hope we can do that for him.
Did not see him breaking a lot of tackles (didn't have to) in his highlights!
He gets the edge on those outside runs, wondering if he can still do that against the PAC speed.
Looks thin at 200lb, would like to see him about 210-220 and keep that speed and reaction time.

I like this kid. Looks quick to the hole. His OL opened huge holes, hope we can do that for him.
Did not see him breaking a lot of tackles (didn't have to) in his highlights!
He gets the edge on those outside runs, wondering if he can still do that against the PAC speed.
Looks thin at 200lb, would like to see him about 210-220 and keep that speed and reaction time.
The thing I've learned to look for with RB highlights (D Scott vs R Stewart is what taught me this) is that the thing to discount is when you see the RB doing nothing but outrunning guys to the corner and scoring touchdowns untouched or blowing through gaping holes and running to the end zone. Yeah, that means the guy is explosive and fast, but that's not necessarily going to translate to P5 football.

What I most look for now is patience with reading blockers and the ability to make quick cuts with good burst after the RB has shown the good vision and field awareness. If he can do that, he can gain a lot of yards at this level. Boyd does that. I loved some of those jump cuts in traffic to find the initial hole on his highlights.

The thing I've learned to look for with RB highlights (D Scott vs R Stewart is what taught me this) is that the thing to discount is when you see the RB doing nothing but outrunning guys to the corner and scoring touchdowns untouched or blowing through gaping holes and running to the end zone. Yeah, that means the guy is explosive and fast, but that's not necessarily going to translate to P5 football.

What I most look for now is patience with reading blockers and the ability to make quick cuts with good burst after the RB has shown the good vision and field awareness. If he can do that, he can gain a lot of yards at this level. Boyd does that. I loved some of those jump cuts in traffic to find the initial hole on his highlights.

we got burned on d.scott for sure. his highlight tape was incredible. when we signed him, a couple of coaches i knew in the socal community were lukewarm on him. i thought they were crazy. after he flamed out, i got a few more details-- big things they didn't like were lack of field vision and not great between the tackles.

so, yeah, patience and cuts and YAC are all good keys on top of pure speed. but, damn, did d.scott look the part or what?

Agree. He has good feet and sees the field well. My concern (only cause none of the highlights showed it) is the ability to put nose down and get 3 tough yards. This is no nock on him whatsoever. His line opened huge holes and blocked very well down field. Without rehashing our OL issues, he is going to need to be able to get some tough short yards on his own. Can he do it? Once again I am not saying he cant, just didn't see it. Of course those kinds of plays don't make a great highlight reel.

Agree. He has good feet and sees the field well. My concern (only cause none of the highlights showed it) is the ability to put nose down and get 3 tough yards. This is no nock on him whatsoever. His line opened huge holes and blocked very well down field. Without rehashing our OL issues, he is going to need to be able to get some tough short yards on his own. Can he do it? Once again I am not saying he cant, just didn't see it. Of course those kinds of plays don't make a great highlight reel.

Maybe kids should read your post and include those highlights!

That's the difference between what we see and what the coaches see. While maybe the most important thing for a RB is consistently turning a 1 or 2 yard gain into a 3-5 yard gain, it's not exactly the thing that highlights are made of. :)

When I was a kid I would record games on vhs and go back and study each position. Now with limited time restraints I have to pick and choose. For example, I saw every snap Blake Stenstrom took this year and understood how Valor layers up playing time with its QBs as to never have a totally green starter. The recruit the talent to make it work. (It will be interesting to see how the program moves forward).

Back