What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

'18 TNFR RB Travon McMillan (VERBAL to COLORADO)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl
VA Tech Bio

virginia-tech-tenness_epst-1.jpg

Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA) / C.D. Hylton HS (Woodbridge, VA)

Grad Transfer: 1 year to play 1

Twitter: https://twitter.com/tmcmillian2

Ht: 6'0"
Wt: 210
40: 4.50

247s rating: 3* - 88 grade; #15 QB-D
ESPN rating: 4* - 81 grade; #41 ATH
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.7rr; #30 ATH

247s Composite: 4* / 0.8921 / #8 QB-D / #317 overall for 2014

Reported Offers (HS): Auburn, Boston College, Cal, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Marshall, Maryland, NC State, North Carolina, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Virginia, Virginia Tech, West Virginia

Reported Offers (TNFR):

McMillian didn't play in the bowl game, having decided he would transfer back in December.

Redshirted at first as he transitioned his body from a HS quarterback to a RB while learning the position. His first season playing under Beamer he was the guy. Then Fuente came in and went to more of a RB by committee approach with McMillian's usage declining over the next 2 seasons.

So far, nothing official on any CU interest or connections. h/t to @Jeric for bringing notice that he was on the market and to @hokiehead who would lose hs mind if McMillian somehow ended up playing for the Buffs.

Transfer article: http://www.roanoke.com/hokies/sport...cle_82714ba6-dc45-11e7-92c3-5b5a65e723cc.html

Boyd can't get his grades up or likes another school more?
I think they are going for whoever commits first between the two and is willing to sign. Boyd seems interested in looking around and seems like CU was his stepping stone to get interest elsewhere but we will see. I'd love to have either.

There's no doubt that Boyd would have work to do this semester to get it done. Always some finite risk there. Whereas this kid comes in with none of those risks, and is a proven D1 talent. But on the negative side, he's a 1 year rental.

If you can get them both, take ‘em. With boyd there is risk that he won’t qualify, and with Travon, even if he commits, we have the Davis Webb risk until he officially enrolls. Need 1 of the 2, but given the risks, you take both. And if you get ‘me both, you have to expect D Lee and Evans may both be gone, but I’ll take that trade any day.

Phil isn't explosive. I don't know what Arizona St's DBs where doing on that play.

But even lacking explosiveness (top-end speed), and running behind a makeshift line at times, Phil still managed to run for nearly 1500 yards, averaging nearly 5 a carry. So I don't think you necessarily need that level of explosiveness to make this offense go.

But even lacking explosiveness (top-end speed), and running behind a makeshift line at times, Phil still managed to run for nearly 1500 yards, averaging nearly 5 a carry. So I don't think you necessarily need that level of explosiveness to make this offense go.
Agreed, but top end speed might have made those 1500 yards more like 2000. Still, better to have someone like Phil than some pansy-ass speedster afraid to take a hit. His intangibles are what made him legend.

Yes freaking please. Especially for the sake of hokiehead losing his mind. :) Oh yeah, and seeing some of that bounce out the backfield and next level speed. Heck yes.

The crazy thing with McMillian is that VA Tech was wasting him with such low usage.

Only 449 carries in 3 years? Only 35 receptions in 3 years? After going for over 1,000 yards on 200 carries as a freshman?

To give a comparison, Phillip Lindsay's usage looked like this:

SEASONATTYDSAVGLNGTDRECYDSAVGLNGTD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
If McMillian decides to transfer to CU, I think it's very reasonable to think he'll get 200+ carries along with a good chance to catch as many balls in 2018 as he got in 3 previous seasons. Hagan has shown that he likes to have a lead back he can roll with. Lindsay's 2016 usage is probably a better barometer since he had more capable backups that year. In 2018, CU will have a couple seniors (Evans & Lee), a junior (Bisharat) and at least one freshman (Fontenot) who should be able to give the starter more of a blow. Gonna need that because indications are that Chev's going to go even faster than Lindgren did with the offense.

Last edited:
Back