What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CA ATH Bru McCoy (Signed to Texas)

Smart money is on Texas if he flips.
Seems like a dumb move from him. He will have to sit out his freshman year if he transfers so might as well just sit and wait for Helton to be fired after next season and get some experience in 2019.

Seems like a dumb move from him. He will have to sit out his freshman year if he transfers so might as well just sit and wait for Helton to be fired after next season and get some experience in 2019.
And then say someone was mean to him as USC, so when he transfers after frosh season he will be able to get an immediate play waiver.

Do you think this makes it more or less likely that he is granted a waiver? He will probably use the KK coaching him was the reason for him signing and since he hadn't played I wonder how the NCAA will treat this. Could have major ramifications if they grant it.

Seems dumb but he should be able to go wherever he wants and play. It's only January

Do you think this makes it more or less likely that he is granted a waiver? He will probably use the KK coaching him was the reason for him signing and since he hadn't played I wonder how the NCAA will treat this. Could have major ramifications if they grant it.
Who knows. Since it’s only January and the second signing day hasn’t occurred yet, I’m of the opinion that he should be able to go elsewhere without penalty. However, that would essentially render the first signing day pointless for the programs, of kids were allowed to change their minds after the fact.

At the end of the day, why would a 5* kid like this sign on ESD anyways? He has his pick of any program in the country, whether it’s in December or February. Oh well.

Who knows. Since it’s only January and the second signing day hasn’t occurred yet, I’m of the opinion that he should be able to go elsewhere without penalty. However, that would essentially render the first signing day pointless for the programs, of kids were allowed to change their minds after the fact.

At the end of the day, why would a 5* kid like this sign on ESD anyways? He has his pick of any program in the country, whether it’s in December or February. Oh well.
To your first point, the ESD is just as binding. LOI is an LOI.

Has something like this ever happened before? A kid signs a LOI and transfers a month later, before ever going to one single practice?
Bizarre, to put it mildly.

Has something like this ever happened before? A kid signs a LOI and transfers a month later, before ever going to one single practice?
Bizarre, to put it mildly.
Sherrion Jones transferred to CU a few years ago and was only on campus for a week or two, then transferred back to Tennessee. I believe there was some loophole where he was still eligible the next season.

Sherrion Jones transferred to CU a few years ago and was only on campus for a week or two, then transferred back to Tennessee. I believe there was some loophole where he was still eligible the next season.
I believe it was because he transferred back to the original institution in under 14 days or something like that. He never lost eligibility.

Back