What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 MI RB Jaren Mangham (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Actually it proves my point. They are incredibly similar in the eyes of talent evaluators.
That's not what you implied with that point at all, otherwise you would've just said their ratings were basically the same instead of suggesting the difference in their talent levels was as massive as the difference between 3 and 4-stars. Some 4-stars work out, some don't, naive to think one failing means another one does.

I'm just trying to set realistic expectations because the same people who thought Bish was going to come in and be a world beater are thinking it about Mangham too. Then those people spent the first 2 1/2 years Bish was here asking why he wasn't playing.

The difference between Bisharat's rating and Mangham's is literally .0045, pathetic you'd even use that as an argument.
Also, you apparently just stopped reading after the part you bolded because it's literally me saying there isn't anything to distinguish one from the other.

All I know is that I'd love to fill classes with guys ranked in the neighborhood of Mangham and Bisharat. It's a numbers game and your odds of finding great college players increases dramatically when your class rank average gets where these guys are. Trying to take that macro level stuff with the rankings and say that 2 guys are similar because they had similar ratings 4 years apart is pretty misguided.

I'm just trying to set realistic expectations because the same people who thought Bish was going to come in and be a world beater are thinking it about Mangham too. Then those people spent the first 2 1/2 years Bish was here asking why he wasn't playing.
Thank you for doing God’s work and making sure all of our expectations are in line with your opinion.

Wow you're a talent evaluating genius! I am in awe!

I mean, sure 90%+ of scholarship players don't end up as all conference but you really are impressive for having called this one!!

These are the teams that offered Bish. I recommend calling them to let them know how great you are. They will obviously find you a job!!! Congrats!!!

COLORADO, Arizona, Arizona State, Boise State, Boston College, Cal, CSU, E Washington, Fresno State, Michigan State, Nebraska, Nevada, Oregon, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, San Jose State, Stanford, UNLV, Utah, Washington, Washington State, Yale

I don't know who was offering for what. I did read that a good number of his offers were for defense. He definitely seems like more of a back that wears a team down than a home run threat.

I think that is an apt description.

Wow you're a talent evaluating genius! I am in awe!

I mean, sure 90%+ of scholarship players don't end up as all conference but you really are impressive for having called this one!!

These are the teams that offered Bish. I recommend calling them to let them know how great you are. They will obviously find you a job!!! Congrats!!!

COLORADO, Arizona, Arizona State, Boise State, Boston College, Cal, CSU, E Washington, Fresno State, Michigan State, Nebraska, Nevada, Oregon, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, San Jose State, Stanford, UNLV, Utah, Washington, Washington State, Yale
Someone is salty today...

I don't know who was offering for what. I did read that a good number of his offers were for defense. He definitely seems like more of a back that wears a team down than a home run threat.
I'm fine with that type of back. Hell, we need one of those types, imo. Idk if that's where he even ends up playing, unless he's already been told that's where he'll start out? You'd love to have a back that can house it from anywhere and beat the crap out of you for four quarters, haven't had one of those in awhile. As physical as Phil is and was, he wasn't doing it being 220+.

All I know is that I'd love to fill classes with guys ranked in the neighborhood of Mangham and Bisharat. It's a numbers game and your odds of finding great college players increases dramatically when your class rank average gets where these guys are. Trying to take that macro level stuff with the rankings and say that 2 guys are similar because they had similar ratings 4 years apart is pretty misguided.
Hey, I've never cared about the rankings here. My opinion on Bish vs Mangham was all about film. What I saw from both was two guys who would be athletically above average LBs but below average running backs.

Again, hope I'm wrong, but I believe Joe Davis is a better running back prospect.

Hey, I've never cared about the rankings here. My opinion on Bish vs Mangham was all about film. What I saw from both was two guys who would be athletically above average LBs but below average running backs.

Again, hope I'm wrong, but I believe Joe Davis is a better running back prospect.
Hey, I hope everyone is right: that Mangham is a damn good RB for the Buffs and that Davis is too.

I iked Bish as a LB from go. Mangham - I've had my doubts.

Howeer, The clips of those runs in Mexico opened my eyes a bit. I'd like to see him 15 lbs heavier, but there was a lot to like about that tape.

I iked Bish as a LB from go. Mangham - I've had my doubts.

Howeer, The clips of those runs in Mexico opened my eyes a bit. I'd like to see him 15 lbs heavier, but there was a lot to like about that tape.

He looked like he had some instincts and some movement to avoid tacklers as well as drive to drag tacklers once hit. A lot more RB skills than I have ever seen from Bish.

Speed may be a big issue but I don't mind my RB getting run down from behind if he is already 10-20 yards downfield on a regular basis.

watched some of the highlights of the mvp night. hard to tell from the competition, but the guy has better feet than a lot of folks, i think, around here, thought. and, he looked good after contact. and, he has football speed. again, hard to tell from this tape, but i would think that some of the doubters ought to feel a bit better.

great get for our Buffs.

watched some of the highlights of the mvp night. hard to tell from the competition, but the guy has better feet than a lot of folks, i think, around here, thought. and, he looked good after contact. and, he has football speed. again, hard to tell from this tape, but i would think that some of the doubters ought to feel a bit better.

great get for our Buffs.
Can you copy a link to his highlights? I have only seen the two plays. On the first play He is shiftier than I thought.

Just watched the game. Mangham was the best player on the field! He's going to be a stud. I take back that he's a LB. He looked like a RB. He will need to learn how to protect the football as he has a tendency to palm it and carry it like it's a softball. That's not going to fly. But otherwise, very, very impressive. Vision, burst, patience, speed and of course, size.

QB play was atrocious. UW commit was awful. Some "no name" from Calif looked pretty good actually when he replaced the UW kid. He had to wear #32, so you can tell he was a late add. There was a Mexican national WR named Santos who also flashed. Might see him get a chance at some level.

So the second TD run wasn’t really a TD run when the grey jersey safety comes up and lets up because no contact
The grey jersey on a safety thing was a joke. He was almost always had open field to get to the ball carrier, as he wasn't getting blocked even a bit on multi level or outside plays - other than a time a QB mistakingly blocked him, but I guess grey on grey has to make that ok - ha. Playing one hand touch all day he had a lot of stops and would've been trucked over many times, including on this play.

Back